Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I am annoyed with something really petty and I am annoyed with myself for letting it get to me.

One of my friends from university just scanned and posted a ton of photos from the olden days. I always felt like she was flirting over the top with my boyfriend at the time and now half these photos are her hanging on him or generally involve him and her.

It is silly but I feel vindicated and annoyed because now I have proof that she was climbing all over him but it also does not really matter because I broke up with him shortly after.

Why does my brain even care? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

tomissex wrote: »
    Oh my god my neck hurts so much! Just at the bit where it joins my shoulder, so sore!

get someone to dig their elbow in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

A new thread!! yay!!
    turns out my lift for work came so early i am an hour and half early for work. dunno what to do which is free cos i'm trying to save money so sitting outside on a bench enjoying the sunshine and trying to avoid the bakery which is beside me

*smell the doughnuts*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tatabubbly wrote: »
    A new thread!! yay!!
    turns out my lift for work came so early i am an hour and half early for work. dunno what to do which is free cos i'm trying to save money so sitting outside on a bench enjoying the sunshine and trying to avoid the bakery which is beside me

*smell the doughnuts*

Ah sure you may well go in and get some and share them around :pac:

homemade burgers for dinner :pac:

A new thread!! yay!!

*smell the doughnuts*

Ah sure you may well go in and get some and share them around :pac:

homemade burgers for dinner :pac:

but but but i'm trying to be good

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i've done soooo much study
    once i finish this question im going to treat myself to a doughnut or pastry from the shop :pac:

Went and got myself a french fancy. there's only so long a girl can have self restraint!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

Im making lemon drizzle cake .... Hope it turns out ok as im still sick and kinda woozy ha ha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

EmilyO wrote: »
    So sorry to hear about your dog Lia Lia :(

My friend and my bf's sister have both had babies this week, so half my wages will be going on presents (which I don't mind at all). However, my friend, who's 19, didn't know she was pregnant until she went into labour :eek:
    Dolorous wrote: »
    This also happened to an acquaintance of mine, she went into hospital thinking she was dying :eek: I had seen her a few weeks before and there was no bump, little pot belly at best. The baby was perfectly healthy too. Another woman who used to work in my building found out she was pregnant at 7 months, her weight was disguising the bump! Both women were having periods and had no other signs that they might be pregnant, scary!

Well that's terrifying beyond belief.

In other news, I seem to have become allergic to working. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I'm just wondering, is there incouragment of crap eating on these threads? it seems that it's not long before someone mentions some carb,sugar, trans fat laden 'treat'

After reading the thread about being thinner talking about about cakes, donuts and baked goods seems counter productive.

I get that if someone want to eat cake, let them eat cake. I'd never stop someone eating what they want but there's a huge emotional attachment to these foods. When you read other people reading about someone having cake/icecream/donuts you might be more likely to eat that kinda stuff. I've no idea where I'm going with this thought (and that's all it is, just me putting my thoughts in words)

It's the kinda thing "are your friends making you fat?" Are we all here making each other fat/unhealthy?

Anyway feeling a little snuffly, and I'm going to walk to my grannies and then do some shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Orla K wrote: »
    I'm just wondering, is there incouragment of crap eating on these threads? it seems that it's not long before someone mentions some carb,sugar, trans fat laden 'treat'

After reading the thread about being thinner talking about about cakes, donuts and baked goods seems counter productive.

I get that if someone want to eat cake, let them eat cake. I'd never stop someone eating what they want but there's a huge emotional attachment to these foods. When you read other people reading about someone having cake/icecream/donuts you might be more likely to eat that kinda stuff. I've no idea where I'm going with this thought (and that's all it is, just me putting my thoughts in words)

It's the kinda thing "are your friends making you fat?" Are we all here making each other fat/unhealthy?

Anyway feeling a little snuffly, and I'm going to walk to my grannies and then do some shopping.

Yeh I get what you mean.

Lately it seems the norm to post up what your eating. I don't see the point in that.

Maybe change the name to:

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry/and what you ate today-thread for all your emotional needs!

Orla K wrote: »

People eat what they want to eat no one forces them or encourages them .... We like to talk about cake leave people do that ... Anyone who doesnt like a topic can just ignore it thats the joy if boards ...

I dont think anyone is making any else "fat" by talking about food ... Why take things so seriously ?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

People eat what they want to eat no one forces them or encourages them .... We like to talk about cake leave people do that ... Anyone who doesnt like a topic can just ignore it thats the joy if boards ...

I dont think anyone is making any else "fat" by talking about food ... Why take things so seriously ?!

ah she's just pondering out loud sure

bluewolf wrote: »

...and she's entitled to her opinion just like everyone else on the thread.

Use the ignore button Orla. I found it's made this thread much more enjoyable for me :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Went and got myself a french fancy. there's only so long a girl can have self restraint!

annnnnnd what did you get the rest of us ? : )

bluewolf wrote: »

...and she's entitled to her opinion just like everyone else on the thread.

Use the ignore button Orla. I found it's made this thread much more enjoyable for me :D

And im entitled to mine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Because maybe somethings are serious? I normally don't take things seriously but as I said it was a thought.

I decided to find out what study I was thinking of it was the framingham study, done over many years that followed an over 5000 people living in Framingham. It showed that if one of your friends gained weight then you were 57% more likely to follow and if it was a friend of a friend you were 20% more likely to follow.

I think it's safe to say that other people online can have this influance too. I don't think it's a simple case of ignoring posts.

I suppose I think that people need to look at what they're doing more,how they're feeling when there doing it and why they're doing it. It was really just a thought, so chill!

Also I ignored someone once, still read everyone of there posts, if anything it made there posts more obvious:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Took some solpadeine and my mam gave me a gel thing to rub into my neck but my word it's still incredibly sore! Work this evening will be fun.

annnnnnd what did you get the rest of us ? : )

nothing! turns out it was rotten! i scraped most of the icing and cream off and just ate the sponge!!

on the plus side, i'm off the day after our ball at the end of the month! a-swingggg!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

WARNING FOOD POST
    I gots my muffin :D Boyfriend also bought me a choccy bar to make up for the mishap this morning. Just incase anyone thinks I made a big deal over it I didn't say a word to him about it so he either read my post on here or just remembered :D:D:D Anyway it's made me really happy.
    I'm also making pizza tonight for dinner :D

• Advertisement

nothing! turns out it was rotten! i scraped most of the icing and cream off and just ate the sponge!!

on the plus side, i'm off the day after our ball at the end of the month! a-swingggg!!

nice!

now if only those homemade burgers would hurry up and cook : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Are we not allowed talk about food anymore?:confused:

Where's Acoshla btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

This thread is making me sad, it seems people can't even say what they think anymore without people getting all defensive! If you don't agree with something fair enough, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

/rant over :pac:

On another note, I did a good bit of study today so I'm going to give myself a break and catch up on Game of Thrones :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

*causes a diversion by posting lies about Gay Byrne*

Kiera wrote: »
    Are we not allowed talk about food anymore?:confused:

Where's Acoshla btw?

She baked herself into a cake and is frantically trying to eat her way out of it.
    Dolorous wrote: »
    *causes a diversion by posting lies about Gay Byrne*

I thought that Gay Byrne joke was one of the funniest things I read on this thread. Can't remember if I told you at the time. Cracked me up something good. :D

I've been made vice captain of a team I play with. I was being shoe horned into being captain but I told them to f-off. So i've been trying to persuade some girls to join the team.

Probably asking them while they were in the bathroom wasn't one of my brightest ideas. Pretty sure there'll be a warning picture of me up in here with SEXUAL PREDATOR underneath it :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Boring conference calls are boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Maple wrote: »

Even more so when people insist on taking them on speaker at their desks and boring the entire office with them, as a former colleague of mine was wont to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Were we on the same one?

Honey-ec wrote: »

Even more so when people insist on taking them on speaker at their desks and boring the entire office with them, as a former colleague of mine was wont to do...
    I think that's just bloody rude. One of the lads here does that and it's so distracting.

• Advertisement

LostGirly wrote: »

Were we on the same one?
    I dunno. Did yours have a bunch of Americans on it who are only in the middle of their day so are happy to yap away without finalising anything? If it did then yes!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement