Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Kiera wrote: »
    Ok but spill the proposal

Don't get your hopes up, it's not your usual proposal! :o

It was Halloween night, we'd been to a fancy dress night in the local nightclub with some friends, I was Zombie Amy Winehouse, he was Superman dressed as Chuck Norris. We got kebabs, came home, and were settling down in the sitting room to eat said yummy kebabs. We'd been chatting all the way home about friends of ours who we thought were going to get engaged soon, so we were on that topic in general, and hanging out with the boyfriend's 4 week old nephew and family that day had made us both a bit soppy and stuff.

So, I was sitting on his lap on the couch, Zombie Amy & Superman/Chuck, we were just kinda saying that someday we'd like to get married, which we've said before so nothing new there, and then he says "In fact, YES, let's get married!" :eek: I was like "Eh, you mean, some time in the distant future?", and he said "No, I mean now, let's get engaged!".

And that's where the story ends, any further into and I'll have to tell the crying bit, let poor Zombie Amy Winehouse keep her dignity :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Acoshla wrote: »
    Kiera wrote: »
    Ok but spill the proposal

Don't get your hopes up, it's not your usual proposal! :o

It was Halloween night, we'd been to a fancy dress night in the local nightclub with some friends, I was Zombie Amy Winehouse, he was Superman dressed as Chuck Norris. We got kebabs, came home, and were settling down in the sitting room to eat said yummy kebabs. We'd been chatting all the way home about friends of ours who we thought were going to get engaged soon, so we were on that topic in general, and hanging out with the boyfriend's 4 week old nephew and family that day had made us both a bit soppy and stuff.

So, I was sitting on his lap on the couch, Zombie Amy & Superman/Chuck, we were just kinda saying that someday we'd like to get married, which we've said before so nothing new there, and then he says "In fact, YES, let's get married!" :eek: I was like "Eh, you mean, some time in the distant future?", and he said "No, I mean now, let's get engaged!".

And that's where the story ends, any further into and I'll have to tell the crying bit, let poor Zombie Amy Winehouse keep her dignity :p
    What I wouldn't give to see a vid of that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm feeling a little **** right now... A friend of mine has me pretty drained tonight.

I've got to get the washing on, take the dog out, get my bag sorted for the morning, and I just don't want to. I feel like flopping straight into bed, I'm exhausted.

On the plus side, seeing my girlfriend tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Acoshla that is very cool, not exactly your run of the mill proposal, eh? :)

Links, hope you're okay. :) x

Yay, brother is gone to bed.. Bf can ring me now. I don't like talking on the phone in front of people.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Acoshla that is so cute and awesome at the same time. The best proposal stories should all involve zombies :D

I ordered an eddie rockets, had a bath, watched some classic doctor who and now feeling good again.
    Family- nothing a tardis and garlic fries can't solve

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'd kill for decent broadband right now. Can't wait to move closer to town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Wow. This week took a very definite turn for the better today. In fact, I would go as far as to say it was the perfect day and I am quite possibly the happiest and most hopeful and optimistic I've ever been. Definitely didn't think I'd be saying that any time soon!

I had the nicest and most comfortable day with the guy I really like and we talked and talked about everything. I feel brave now, it's like all the pressure has gone because I realised that I don't have to make all these massive life decisions any time soon if I'm not ready and even if I do they don't set me on an unalterable path. Seriously, why have I overcomplicated everything!?

He is absolutely amazing, amazing amazing amazing. :o:D I can't even put into words what a brilliant time I had and how happy I am now. Woo life! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

LostGirly wrote: »
    That's ok, it happens everyone! Are you ok, is there something you want to talk about or is it just hormones do you think?

I think it's just a combination of hormones/stress. I shocked myself with the outburst. I'm grand now thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I had the nicest and most comfortable day with the guy I really like and we talked and talked about everything. I feel brave now, it's like all the pressure has gone because I realised that I don't have to make all these massive life decisions any time soon if I'm not ready and even if I do they don't set me on an unalterable path. Seriously, why have I overcomplicated everything!?

That's probably the single most important thing I've learned in the last couple of years, since going back to college.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

He is absolutely amazing, amazing amazing amazing. :o:D I can't even put into words what a brilliant time I had and how happy I am now. Woo life! :D

aww what a lovely post. I remember that feeling of amazement over my now fiancé when we first met. Obviously I still love him beyond measure but that feeling at the beginning is so exciting!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

That's probably the single most important thing I've learned in the last couple of years, since going back to college.

It's very liberating altogether, and so true :) I just wish I'd seen it so clearly a bit sooner but better late than never as they say!
    aww what a lovely post. I remember that feeling of amazement over my now fiancé when we first met. Obviously I still love him beyond measure but that feeling at the beginning is so exciting!!

Seeing how relationships evolve from that exciting first step to profound love is amazing, especially when the butterflies are maintained :) I'd love to think that might happen for us but unfortunately it seems the time isn't right, he's emigrating in about a month and I'm going to France on erasmus so I think if we ever get together it won't be for another while.Hopefully in the future though! I've never had such a connection with anyone before, can't even explain it! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I always feel so down around exam time, the pressure gets to me. Almost can't cope with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Links, hope you're okay. :) x

I am. A friend wanted me to come out and have a drink, although I kinda had a lot to do, so I went and it was kinda just more drama. Honestly, it's kinda hard to deal with when someone is making my transition about them, and that's just very emotionally draining to have someone go on at you about all the ways your transition effects them.

Anyway, I've got the washing on, the dog walked... I can't be arsed to pack my bag, so that'll wait until the morning. I'm just gonna snuggle up in bed and watch something, then lights out.

Getting really excited about the trip to London, I need a new coat, so I'm gonna get me a nice leather one. Nice and goth :D

almostnever that was such a lovely post, it's really nice to read you're feeling so positive. I have a tendency to overcomplicate and overthink things too so I know how you feel. :)

Links that sounds really awkward and draining. Just think of all the shopping you're going to do, should make you feel better. :D

I love my bf to bits, I really do. He's such a sweetheart, he's like my best friend in the whole world, I'd be totally lost without him. :)

Edit: Watching this week's Glee. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Just wrote out a post to someone and deleted it, don't know if it's a good thing or a bad one.

Anyway almost midnight I'm off to bed, goodnight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

krudler wrote: »
    just back from The Cabin In The Woods, funniest movie I've seen in ages, loved it :D

going to see this tomorrow,Is it very violent/gorey?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

going to see this tomorrow,Is it very violent/gorey?

it has its moments, its a comedy first though horror second, really funny in places. takes every horror cliche from recent movies and dicks around with them, if you havent watched the trailer don't it ruins the premise, the less you know the better it is ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I can't sleep. GRRRRRRR

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I can't sleep. GRRRRRRR

tis early yet, watch a movie thats what I'm doing

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

God I'm sick of being "the other one". The one no one really cares about

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I don't like talking on the phone in front of people.. :o
    +1 to this. In my house you can't talk in private anyway.

My mother was on the phone to my auntie last night, so my granny decided to pick up the handset down stairs and listen to them for a minute or two. :mad:

If my mobile rings, I'm always asked (by my granny, who else :rolleyes:) who is on the phone.

One time my phone rang and my granny said "it's probably XXX wanting to talk to me", if they want to talk to you they'd ring the house phone, not my mobile. :rolleyes:

More drama in my house today, I swear causing trouble is a hobby for my granny.

She has the T.V volume up to forty now, only doing it to cause a row. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

God I'm sick of being "the other one". The one no one really cares about

we care about you!! :) are you ok???

tonight was really really cool :);):o

I'm looking forward to my first volunteer shift in the LSPCA shop tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous but it'll be really great to get out of the house for a few hours. I'm hoping I have a shot at the kennel assistant job too. If I was lucky enough to get it I'd definitely start saving for a little car and get some driving lessons straight away. :)

Edit: MCR, you okay? x

we care about you!! :) are you ok???

tonight was really really cool :);):o

I don't know. A couple of incidents today have just shown me how little people notice or care about me, even my parents ffs

I don't know. A couple of incidents today have just shown me how little people notice or care about me, even my parents ffs

oh dear :( im sure they do
    although they dont show it sometimes... they do!
    some people suck at showing it!

oh dear :( im sure they do
    although they dont show it sometimes... they do!
    some people suck at showing it!

What about "friends" who don't contact you in months (it's got to be near 6 at this stage) except for one fraspe style comment on your page or a mother who invites herself and your brother to a concert but not you despite the fact that you would probably have more interest seeing as she just moans about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Eating nutella straight out of the jar.

Rock bottom or just plain awesome?

Hugs to those who need them. I know it's a pretty stressful time for those of you who have exams.

Edit: I love Louis Theroux. There's just something about him.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Flicking through the channels and caught an overhead view of my apartment building on a National Geographic documentary about the Guinness brewery... weird :p

Also...
    FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Eating nutella straight out of the jar.

plain awesome.

What about "friends" who don't contact you in months (it's got to be near 6 at this stage) except for one fraspe style comment on your page or a mother who invites herself and your brother to a concert but not you despite the fact that you would probably have more interest seeing as she just moans about it.

you need to cut these "friends" out of your life!
    you dont deserve asses like that if im being honest

but why would your mother bother if all she does is moan about it??

• Advertisement

you need to cut these "friends" out of your life!
    you dont deserve asses like that if im being honest

but why would your mother bother if all she does is moan about it??

Because, then she can moan about that too. Se didn't even take me into consideration even though I was the original invitee ffs. And everytime the plan has changed my dad has tried to have me brought, but nope I'm always out of the equation when the final decision is made

I cut friends out and then I have no one so this is what I'm stuck with. I don't understand how everyone else always get these great groups of friends that they can talk to and hang out with and I have about 2 people. With everyone else it's up to me to contact them and even then there's no guarantee of a response, there's no guarantee of any effort. It's very clear that people are not interested in being my friend

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement