Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I've been bold! :eek:

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I wish I could get out of bed at 6/6:30!

I've been trying to make myself wake up earlier/ readjust my body clock. Not technically *having* to wake up for college probably doesn't help. I can get myself downstairs by 7:30.

Then again, I'm a terrible sleeper. I wake constantly during the night so I'm always wrecked in the morning. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Poor car is sad. 22-year old convertible failed NCT with 'structural corrosion'... :(

Congrats on the modship, Links!

Re: nude photoshoot - something I've been thinking about recently is nude modelling for art classes. Just for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's only a charity shop, they sell second hand books, clothes etc and all the money goes toward caring for the animals that the LSPCA have. I'm in from 10 until 1.30pm so hopefully it goes well. :)

My mother did that in the uk for a few months, she loved it but had to leave as she got a full time job. she got on great with the customers, the upside is you wont be bringing home any animals....

*I know its nice to bring home an animal or 2 but you could end up with a mini zoo..... I know i would want to bring animals home if i was looking after them....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

jujibee wrote: »
    I need to stop reading and watching so much SciFi/Fantasy stuff. Last night my dream had bits from:

BattleStar Galactica
    Harry Potter
    Game of Thrones
    World of Warcraft
    Star Wars
    and a lovely arts and crafts jewellery booth at a fair for good measure.

I really wish I could record my dreams.

The other night i watched prime time, abouts the houses falling to bits from pyrite.

That night i dreamt my house had a massive crack in it and that i could walk into the neighbours house through it. Part of me still thinks that there is a hole in the wall.....

Think my subconscious is worried my house might be contaminated with pyrite:rolleyes:

By the way your dream sounds cool...

I like my dreams when im an fbi agent or a spy..... Dont want to wake up from them they are that good.....

• Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

jujibee wrote: »
    I need to stop reading and watching so much SciFi/Fantasy stuff. Last night my dream had bits from:

BattleStar Galactica
    Harry Potter
    Game of Thrones
    World of Warcraft
    Star Wars
    and a lovely arts and crafts jewellery booth at a fair for good measure.

I really wish I could record my dreams.

that sounds like the best dream ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

krudler wrote: »
    that sounds like the best dream ever

I did get to be Starbuck and fly a viper for a while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Wohoooooo at last the weekend is here. I am just home from buying some nice things for dinner tonight. It is the first weekend in a month that it will be just me and Mr. Boyfriend, no kids :D. I have planned a romantic dinner and am so looking forward to it. Off now to get my hair done :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Have to study and get a renewed passport sorted today, effort.

I can't drag myself out of bed in the mornings until maybe 10, I neeeed to stop texting himself until all hours, it'll be my downfall with these exams :o
    I was watching that news bulletin about the swine flu vaccine possibly being linked to narcolepsy in young people, now I'm all paranoid that's happened to me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Wohoooooo at last the weekend is here. I am just home from buying some nice things for dinner tonight. It is the first weekend in a month that it will be just me and Mr. Boyfriend, no kids :D. I have planned a romantic dinner and am so looking forward to it. Off now to get my hair done :D

Nice one!! I'm going to spend the weekend in my bed reading and feeling sorry for myself! I really need to get over myself and stop feeling sorry for myself, but I think one weekend of wallowing is ok and a new leaf then on Monday!! Yes, I think that sounds like a plan! 2 more days of :( and then snap out of it and onwards and upwards :)

On a good note, I got sick of not seeing my closest people so I'm off to a foreign country next week to see my bessie!! Just for two nights but sure why not! I need her right now so said I'd just do it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Great, now I'm getting to stupid poor me act from my mother. She has cleat admitted that she's not bothered going but still has to put on the act so I'll feel sorry for her. This is totally unfair. She always does this. She revels in yelling everyone how hard her life is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Would that not have been a tear-the-suit-off-him-and-drag-him-back-to-bed moment then? ;)

Haha I wish but he'd have killed me for making him late today of all days. However he will still be wearing said suit when he gets home ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Great, now I'm getting to stupid poor me act from my mother. She has cleat admitted that she's not bothered going but still has to put on the act so I'll feel sorry for her. This is totally unfair. She always does this. She revels in yelling everyone how hard her life is

Deep breaths, rise above it. She's obviously doing it to get a rise out of you so don't give her the satisfaction. Maybe you should go out for a walk for a while or do some window shopping just to get a little space from her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

What is with the weather this week?! I was lying in bed for two hours looking out at clear blue skies, then as soon as I get up to leave the house there's a hail shower! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Omg I just had the weirdest 24hrs!

Okay, so after work last night I thought I'd be a good friend and pick up my friend from a class so he didn't have to cycle home in the dark. After much manovering we got the bike in the car. I fricking locked the keys in the car while manovering the bike in and when we closed the back doors we realised!

So the two copies of the keys to my front door, phone and money were locked in the car. Thank god this morning, rang a locksmith and got it open for the small pleasure of €80!

Got my phone back and it turns out that my boyfriend got stuck in an elevator last night on his way home from college!

it's been weird. Upside? Found a terry prachett book for 50c.

Every cloud has a weird silver lining!

Writing this week off in terms of savings, its been a fab week up until today. Feels like I'll never get the money together to apply for my visa to Canada!

What Pratchett book did you get?

The other night i watched prime time, abouts the houses falling to bits from pyrite.

That night i dreamt my house had a massive crack in it and that i could walk into the neighbours house through it. Part of me still thinks that there is a hole in the wall.....

Think my subconscious is worried my house might be contaminated with pyrite:rolleyes:

doctor_who_a_crack_in_the_wall_by_wondercookies-d495har.jpg
    I'm sorry Amelia Pond. It's not a crack in the universe. It's worse than that, you've got pyrite!...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I'm sorry Amelia Pond. It's not a crack in the universe. It's worse than that, you've got pyrite!...

I don't get this:confused: I'm guessing it references something but I'm lost. (Edit-just noticed the url had dr who in it)

The cat seems to have barged her way onto my lap, it's making the use of my laptop very difficult, but she is warm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

If they'd only known, it could have saved a lot of hassle!

I did a bit of rewatching series 6 yesterday, fecking hell the Doctor can be a scary bastard. The God Complex, when you watch it knowing that the minataur is a representation of him... gave me the willies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

What Pratchett book did you get?

I got interesting times. It was a charity shop buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

It's lashing out:( I hope it doesn't keep up all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Orla K wrote: »

Hailstones here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

One is hanging over. FML.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Go away rain. I don't think I have a coat in my car :(

For all you cat lovers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aTagDSnclk&feature=endscreen&NR=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I have worked til midnight three nights this week and yet I still feel guilty for telling my boss I can not work past 6 tonight.

I think I need to get my brain checked :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Orla K wrote: »
    Acoshla wrote: »
    Hailstones here!

It's sunny here, after hailstones, after sun.

I think Mother Nature needs a bar of chocolate and a hot water bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Sweet inbox size! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement