Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I used to read so much in school too and when I moved out on my own I just stopped because life got in the way I suppose. Started getting back into it last year and because I travel often with my job I bought a kindle and it's so handy. I love it :D

Sadly I can't afford a kindle but fortunately I have at least 30 unread books in my room to keep me going. Well, after I read The Hunger Games and the sequels. :D

Edit: Thanks bluewolf. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Will this night of retail hell ever end? its only cos we're so quiet!!

i'm never satisfied!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

crap, got an email a while ago offering me an interview for a course i want and specificly said i would like to be interviewed on the friday, just got a letter today offering me the interview on the thursday, hope to god they can change it otherwise its going to cost me a fortune in bus or train fares:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I wish I had 30 unread books for after exams :(

alright alright puppy stop guilt tripping me, we'll go for a walk now...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Guys,

Would I be really stupid if I moved my 21st to the Friday so I could work on the Saturday?!

Really don't know what to do right now. It's going to be a house party and people can camp in my back garden. I had been planning on having a Eurovision 21st with drinking games while we watch it but that's probably a pretty stupid idea anyway but if I have my party on the sat I'm not missing the Eurovision.

But then if I have the party on the Fri, my friends who are working full time will be shattered.

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

2 more schools want to meet with me! So exciting! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Guys,

Would I be really stupid if I moved my 21st to the Friday so I could work on the Saturday?!

Really don't know what to do right now. It's going to be a house party and people can camp in my back garden. I had been planning on having a Eurovision 21st with drinking games while we watch it but that's probably a pretty stupid idea anyway but if I have my party on the sat I'm not missing the Eurovision.

But then if I have the party on the Fri, my friends who are working full time will be shattered.

Any suggestions?

Tbh I think you won't enjoy your 21st if you know you have to work the next day. I know I would. I know you might need the money, but you only have one 21st, you should be able to enjoy it without dreading the tiredness/hangover in work then next day at work.

EmilyO wrote: »
    Tbh I think you won't enjoy your 21st if you know you have to work the next day. I know I would. I know you might need the money, but you only have one 21st, you should be able to enjoy it without dreading the tiredness/hangover in work then next day at work.

I don't drink so being hungover wouldn't be a problem. Tiredness on the other hand I don't know, I could prob handle it tough. I don't know how late/early I'd be working either

I'm just worried about losing this job. It is likely to be be my only income next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

just back from The Cabin In The Woods, funniest movie I've seen in ages, loved it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I don't drink so being hungover wouldn't be a problem. Tiredness on the other hand I don't know, I could prob handle it tough. I don't know how late/early I'd be working either

I'm just worried about losing this job. It is likely to be be my only income next year.

I see, could you request a later start time so you could get a lie in?

• Advertisement

This is a good idea. :)

I love The Big Bang Theory. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Computers/printers and fax machines do not like me. Also suspected this but got it confirmed today:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

I am watching Long Lost Families on itv and am sheding a tear or two. I think the people on it are incredibly brave and strong people

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Nearly lost it in work, and did lose it when I can home. I'm really hating my life right now - could fall asleep, was on for pretty much the whole day, and will be the same tomorrow, and I felt so cranky, and left a bit of it out, which I really regret. Got screwed by a lecturer by giving us an extension and then taking it back - I have never asked for an extension in my whole college course. Feeling pretty low about things tbh

It doesn't work that way unfortunately :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

ellieh1 wrote: »
    I am watching Long Lost Families on itv and am sheding a tear or two. I think the people on it are incredibly brave and strong people

Watching here too, I'm cold and dead inside so no tears though :) You should check out The Locator.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Acoshla wrote: »
    Watching here too, I'm cold and dead inside so no tears though :) You should check out The Locator.

I have never heard of the show, and normally I never watch programmes like that. I find them way too to hard to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I have never heard of the show, and normally I never watch programmes like that. I find them way too to hard to watch.
    I was like you this time last week. Will not watch it again. I hate crying.

My mother loves The Locator, like a more dramatic version of the UK one! She made me watch two episodes to see if I'd cry, can't believe she doubted me! :p Not even a sniff out of me, 27 years later you'd think she'd know me better than that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Ah rebel girl, that sucks, especially about having the extention taken away, that's just cruel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Got screwed by a lecturer by giving us an extension and then taking it back - I have never asked for an extension in my whole college course. Feeling pretty low about things tbh

:eek:

How the hell did they justify taking an extension back?? I'd be LIVID!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

so basically had a nervous breakdown today in college over these exams to the point where i wanted to hurl myself under a ****in bus or something!

so me and two friends went around being tourists and it was awesome

met up with himself for a little bit too...arrange another meet up for sunday!
    he is really nice but having some body issues at the moment..it is making me really self conscious around him! :(

My mother loves The Locator, like a more dramatic version of the UK one! She made me watch two episodes to see if I'd cry, can't believe she doubted me! :p Not even a sniff out of me, 27 years later you'd think she'd know me better than that :pac:
    I was a daddy's girl. Not crying at his funeral hit me with unbelievable guilt for years. I probably cry once a year and it's usually out of anger and not sadness. Meet your sister, Acoshla.

/my tears at that program were about a yr over due :p

My boyfriend wants to ring me just to hear my voice. :o:D Cute boyfriend is cute. :rolleyes:

Kiera wrote: »
    I was a daddy's girl. Not crying at his funeral hit me with unbelievable guilt for years. I probably cry once a year and it's usually out of anger and not sadness. Meet your sister, Acoshla.

I cried for about 7 seconds watching Atonement, I actually sobbed at the end of Water for Elephants, and let's not mention what happened when I realised my boyfriend's 5am proposal was for real :o It takes a lot to make me cry but then random movies break me inexplicably.

I cried for about 7 seconds watching Atonement, I actually sobbed at the end of Water for Elephants, and let's not mention what happened when I realised my boyfriend's 5am proposal was for real :o
    Lol 5am? Do tell.....

Lol 5am? Do tell.....

I'm not telling the crying bit!

Lol 5am? Do tell.....

I'm not telling the crying bit!
    Ok but spill the proposal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I tidied my room and I am now studying. :D Productivity!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Booked in to get a hot stone massage tomorrow. Saaweet :d

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement