Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Having a crappy week at work. My eye is twitching like crazy and I really want to act like a 3 year old and have a meltdown but I know it won't fix anything.

I hate having to be mature sometimes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Ok so.... I was wearing size 24 jeans last May :o (don't judge!)

This morning I bought a pair of size 10 skinny jeans :D

There was a little breathing in needed, but who cares, jeans always stretch a bit

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edit: Just in case you didn't pick up on it, I'm seriously seriously excited and smiley now :-)

That is amazing! Seriously, well done, you should be so proud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jeepers Novella you've had a rough day. Tell friendboy (I like this word) to put extra cheese on your nachos.

Sar_Bear I hope you're okay. If you think you need to see a doctor you should though. PM open if you need a chat. :)

Deleted User, well done on getting the interview, fingers crossed for you! :)

Just took a little break from reading The Hunger Games. I love it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

I just started crying out of nowhere... I think I terrified everyone around me, as I am usually as happy as we come!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

I just started crying out of nowhere... I think I terrified everyone around me, as I am usually as happy as we come!

That's ok, it happens everyone! Are you ok, is there something you want to talk about or is it just hormones do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Super quiet today in work

*yay*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Hugs for all the ladies!

I'm a wee bit high off painkillers because this teething thing is getting out of control. But sure. It'll be grand in the end. Went for a coffee with a friend after a revision class and am facing into an evening of study before going for a drink with another friend. Starting to wish I wasn't working so much over the next two weeks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

the motivation is not strong today
    maybe i'll go buy some food for dinner...

1000th post :)
    I want a cake

bubblefett wrote: »
    1000th post :)
    I want a cake

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWs95LBQzSMPavI-pGrtga5oSTNZ-A_5ObMB7zbBA5yrILD6Vv

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Just finished a 3 day week, now roll on my 3 day weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

LOL, i used veet cream (not wax) for the bikini line... Im lucky im not too hairy, i remember a beauty therapist telling me after a woman came in for her bikini wax that she had never seen someone so hairy, i was on work experience there, she said to charge her extra because there was so much hair :eek:

pays not to be a hairy mongoose......

Aaaaand this is one of the reasons I'd never get waxed in a salon. Wouldn't like to be discussed like that between staff/customers/anyone! :eek:

Charging extra? Did they specify on the price list that people with more hair would be charged extra, out of curiosity? That kind of thing makes me mad :mad: :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Sitting here in tears because of my grandmother, I honestly don't know how much longer I can put up with her an her bevhaviour.

Going to my doctor this week I think to talk to him about it, seen as though my therapist has vanished into thin air.

ARG!!! Rant alert!!!

My Gran (dad's mother) is having a go about my mom again. She's always said my mom shouldn't be spending so much time with her own mother cause it's not like she knows she's there (she has Alzheimers). My mother has given up the last 10 years of her life caring for her parents. She was with my grandfather right to the end when cancer took him and now she's helping my gran who is slowly slipping away from us.
    Now that my mom is away for 3 weeks on a much deserved holiday me and my sister are taking over the visits, my aunt is even flying over to help out one week. And my gran has a go at us for it. About why are we going in, it's pointless, "sure she's checked out already."

She's a poisionous old woman, just heartless. And I know I should love her unconditionally because she's my gran but she just spits bile when she speaks. And I wish this was the first time she was this cruel, she's only gotten worse.

I have another grandmother. The most amazing, strong, beautiful, talented woman I've ever known and I don't care what anyone else thinks. She's still in there somewhere. And now, more than ever, she needs her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I have another grandmother. The most amazing, strong, beautiful, talented woman I've ever known and I don't care what anyone else thinks. She's still in there somewhere. And now, more than ever, she needs her family.
    That's beautiful, Bubblefett.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Ok so.... I was wearing size 24 jeans last May :o (don't judge!)

This morning I bought a pair of size 10 skinny jeans :D

There was a little breathing in needed, but who cares, jeans always stretch a bit

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edit: Just in case you didn't pick up on it, I'm seriously seriously excited and smiley now :-)

You legend!! That is unreal! I hope you are deliriously happy and proud of yourself. I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling slightly jealous ;)

Any tips? Don't want to know your whole diet or anything like that but did you have a golden rule? Go on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Had a great interview today. I hardly dare to hope. Could full-time paid employment finally be in sight...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Have you tried the patch or the nuva ring? Or the implant?

Don't think its very common to have the IUD when your that young and with no children.

I haven't tried the Nuva Ring or the patch, and apparently the implant contains the same hormones as Cerazette, so that's a definite no. My GP did say we'd consider it as a Plan B, I know she's not keen for personal reasons but it's my body and I can't deal with artificial hormones anymore.

Well done on the weight loss tatum! And well done on the waxing Das! Hope you're okay bubblefett :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Had a great interview today. I hardly dare to hope. Could full-time paid employment finally be in sight...?

Awesome :D Fingers and toes crossed.

First exam went okay today. I answered two of the questions well, the other two were mostly waffle so we'll have to wait and see. I think (at least I hope) it was passable, 'cos I don't fancy repeating it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

And I know I should love her unconditionally because she's my gran

I often hear people say this. I might be in the minority, but I don't think that people *have* to love someone unconditionally just because they're family.

I've seen people bend over backwards for family members who completely screw them over at every opportunity. Family can be toxic, abusive, destructive and I don't think people should feel an obligation to feel love towards anyone like that because of a chance blood connection.

That's just me.

• Advertisement

I often hear people say this. I might be in the minority, but I don't think that people *have* to love someone unconditionally just because they're family.

I've seen people bend over backwards for family members who completely screw them over at every opportunity. Family can be toxic, abusive, destructive and I don't think people should feel an obligation to feel love towards anyone like that because of a chance blood connection.

That's just me.

One of my mom's friends is a psychologist and she has told my mother just to write off her brother as he is incredibly selfish and making her crazy. She said that just because he is family does not mean he is good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

That's just me.

Yep. There's a family member who won't be coming to my wedding for various reasons. I know I'm gonna get a world of grief for not inviting him, even though having him there will totally ruin the day and not just for me. I am all for forgiveness but that doesn't mean putting up with toxic crap from people either just because they are related to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

bubblefett and Muffin - really hope you're both okay. *huge hugs for both of ye.* x

neuro-praxis - fingers crossed for you! :) x

Reading is making me happy. I forgot how much I used to enjoy it. I used to read a huge amount in school and I have loads of books upstairs (the majority are unread) so I really think I'm going to get back into it. :D

Also, red pandas are awesome. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I really shouldn't watch random youtube videos, I don't know what to think about some of the people out there.

And it was a shit video

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Crap, I've just had to turn down two days work in my "casual" job. One because I'm at a gig, the second because it's for the night that I'm meant to be having my 21st. Every day I turn down though makes it less likely that I'll be offered the next day so I'm kind of worried. I can't really afford not to have this job even if I get paid barely anything by it atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    bubblefett and Muffin - really hope you're both okay. *huge hugs for both of ye.* x

neuro-praxis - fingers crossed for you! :) x

Reading is making me happy. I forgot how much I used to enjoy it. I used to read a huge amount in school and I have loads of books upstairs (the majority are unread) so I really think I'm going to get back into it. :D

Also, red pandas are awesome. :D

I used to read so much in school too and when I moved out on my own I just stopped because life got in the way I suppose. Started getting back into it last year and because I travel often with my job I bought a kindle and it's so handy. I love it :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

jane i meant to tell you well done yesterday but then got distracted so... well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Bubblefett unconditional love is silly, people can and do behave in ways that make it impossible to love and tolerate them. Ignore your gran xx

It's wine time, woohoo! Oh Goddammit I was just about to type that I'm finished work for the week when I realised I've more to do tomorrow. I will revisit this celebratory topic tomorrow at about 2pm! :D

have a puppy

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58356582/DSC00342.jpg

he is a studying puppy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

F*cking hell! Just watching something it talked about a 5year old boy dying from a heart attack.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement