Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Are you on the pill, Kirby? I find that can cause boobs to grow a fair bit.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Are you on the pill, Kirby? I find that can cause boobs to grow a fair bit.

Yup, I'm on Cerazette. Not a fan, as well as boob growth it's making me moody as hell.

Have you tried other pills? I had to try about 4 different ones (over the course of a very moody year) before I found one that suited me.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Have you tried other pills? I had to try about 4 different ones (over the course of a very moody year) before I found one that suited me.

This is the 2nd one I've tried (was on Ovranette before, but had a blood pressure reading high enough at the 3 month checkup to be taken off any combined pill - I blame work stress). Could be another change to come...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Talking about bras on todayfm now

• Advertisement

I tried Ovranette and went mental on it. Also tried Yasmin and Microlite, neither of which suited me for very different reasons. Have been on Marviol for about 4 years now and really no issues with it. Probably went up one cup size at the start but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

What's you LostGirly?

My whole life is up in the air, I don't know where I'm going with it, I've hard choices to make, the three people closest to me in the world are in different countries and working so hard that I never get to talk to them and I'm just really short of people to talk to about everything!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Yup, I'm on Cerazette. Not a fan, as well as boob growth it's making me moody as hell.

Oh god, Cerazette was the worst pill I ever tried. I had been on Dianette and Yasmin, but they sent me a bit loopy so the GP put me on Cerazette to see if the mini pill suited me.

Well i was never so down in all in all my life. Literally felt like I was worthless and I hated everything about myself. I stopped eating properly (as I felt really fat), and I still can't quite get over those particular feelings. It was the worst feeling in the world, and coming off it has made a massive difference to my state of mind. I haz happies again (mostly).

If you feel it doesn't suit you, get off it as soon as you can. There are tonnes of other options out there, and when you find the right one you'll wonder why you ever stuck out the Cerazette :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

EmilyO wrote: »
    Like you chose to be an 'awkward' size! I'd love to be able to buy cheap and cheerful bras in Penneys or Dunnes; 20-30 euro a pop for one bra means I haven't bought a new one in about a year :(

I find Dunnes great for bras, Penneys not so much. Everything in Penneys seems to go to the size below me, I'm 38DD. In any case I think Dunnes have nicer stuff. :)
    LostGirly wrote: »
    My whole life is up in the air, I don't know where I'm going with it, I've hard choices to make, the three people closest to me in the world are in different countries and working so hard that I never get to talk to them and I'm just really short of people to talk to about everything!!

LosyGirly, hope you're okay.. You can definitely talk to us here and PM is always open. :)

I discovered that the chemist in my hometown that I never go into has a Catrice stand.. :D Only actually saw Catrice stuff down in Penneys in Carlow for the first time the other day and was saying it was a shame it wasn't closer to me. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

That is funny. I got put on Cerazette and I love it :) I stopped being moody and my periods have stopped as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

jujibee wrote: »
    That is funny. I got put on Cerazette and I love it :) I stopped being moody and my periods have stopped as well.

You're so lucky! I actually loved having no periods, that and no babies were the only good things to come out of Cerazette for me :rolleyes:

I'm looking into getting the IUD now, I hope the GP will fit it for me, as I'm only 20 and have no children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

EmilyO wrote: »
    You're so lucky! I actually loved having no periods, that and no babies were the only good things to come out of Cerazette for me :rolleyes:

I'm looking into getting the IUD now, I hope the GP will fit it for me, as I'm only 20 and have no children.

Have you tried the patch or the nuva ring? Or the implant?

Don't think its very common to have the IUD when your that young and with no children.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Ok so.... I was wearing size 24 jeans last May :o (don't judge!)

This morning I bought a pair of size 10 skinny jeans :D

There was a little breathing in needed, but who cares, jeans always stretch a bit

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edit: Just in case you didn't pick up on it, I'm seriously seriously excited and smiley now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Tatum that's an amazing achievement, especially in such a short time! Congratulations :-)

Tatum that's an amazing achievement, especially in such a short time! Congratulations :-)

Thanks... It's all been done by just making simple changes like using the stairs instead of escalators, walking instead of driving, eating well and finding new hobbies that involve being active.

I feel like a totally different person :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Wow Tatum, that's amazing. Wish I had your motivation! I love sweets and chocolate and lazing about :o

ElleEm wrote: »
    Wow Tatum, that's amazing. Wish I had your motivation! I love sweets and chocolate and lazing about :o

haha so do I... and it's not helped by the fact that I bake, all the time... it's my stress relief! A little of everything won't hurt ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Well done tatum!
    OMG I am devastated.

Just found out the girl that does my waxing is no longer working there. She's moved back to f'in Limerick.

First world problem.

Just home from mine and I'm delighted with it.

Lycon rocks, only started wincing near the end.

Does waxing really hurt? I've been toying with the idea for a while now, but I'm scared I'll cry!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Does waxing really hurt? I've been toying with the idea for a while now, but I'm scared I'll cry!!

I was petrified yesterday because last time I did cry and shake with the pain.

Today was a momentary wince.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Tatum, that's a fantastic achievement! You deserve to be very smiley & smug & proud of yourself! Well done you!

And waxing does hurt, I'm sure the pain varies though for everyone, depending on your pain threshold & what part of you you're getting waxed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

There was a little breathing in needed, but who cares, jeans always stretch a bit

Edit: Just in case you didn't pick up on it, I'm seriously seriously excited and smiley now :-)

well done tatum , thats an amazing achievement, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

lol, just heard someone on the radio say 'fornication is probably the single most likely cause for unwanted pregnancy'

mariebeth wrote: »
    Tatum, that's a fantastic achievement! You deserve to be very smiley & smug & proud of yourself! Well done you!

And waxing does hurt, I'm sure the pain varies though for everyone, depending on your pain threshold & what part of you you're getting waxed :)

Maybe it's just one of those things you need to make the appointment and stick to it.... I is scared!!! :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I've been getting waxed for a while. I was worried about it the first time as I don't have a very high pain threshold. I don't know what I was worrying about it, it's uncomfortable but not sore as such (IMO obviously), I'm more worried about having someone look quite that close at my lady bits!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I usually think in a wax, yesh, these girls are spending longer down there than my boyfriend! Then I remember that they've probably seen it all and worse

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

tatabubbly wrote: »
    I usually think in a wax, yesh, these girls are spending longer down there than my boyfriend! Then I remember that they've probably seen it all and worse

Ya, I worked with some beauty therapists and they don't even think about it! But me, I find it strange. Esp when they get out the tweezers and start looking really closely! But nothing beats it, love the clean feeling after a wax

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Don't think its very common to have the IUD when your that young and with no children.
    I love the Nuvaring :)

Today is a great day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I tend to buy mine in Change in Pavillions (Swords) - they usually have something in my size and the prices aren't crazy. Bought some sexy stuff on Figleaves a few weeks ago for when I get back - I love wearing the sexy stuff! :D

I get all mine in Change too. Great shop for big boobs. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I was put on that at 16, sent me mental. Was only told by someone else afterwards it's meant for after having kids??

(Was on Evra btw.)

You, missy, are unreal :D
    Orla K wrote: »
    lol, just heard someone on the radio say 'fornication is probably the single most cause for unwanted pregnancy'

Hold on....are they saying....sex causes pregnancy?!

STOP THE PRESSES!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement