Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

How is it possible for the second straight day in a row that I get up feeling as tired, if not more tired than when I went to bed?? Think I may need to start drinking coffee or something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Really should study but bed is so so comfy... and after that I really should clean my room... and the rest of the house.. and socks need ironing... etc...

Woop to the new thread!
    308480_217755078291583_157505237649901_580173_763028923_n_large.jpg

And its all sunny, so hopefully that will stay and today will be a happy day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Going shopping today, gonna get my little lady some new shoes! :D

Pampootie hope your bf gets on okay today!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I thought the effects were good but the film itself, meh.

The Hobbit looks like it's going to be brilliant, can't wait!

Welcome V5. It's Thursday, woohoo!

it felt like there was loads of it cut out, its really short too barely 90 minutes. Its cool that they got the original cast back for The Hobbit, couldnt imagine anyone else playing Gandalf aside from Ian McKellan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I miss my dogs :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Really sorry to hear about your dog Lia_Lia... :(<3

Got 20,000 words written in the last two days..... :O

Lab exam today in my semiconductor devices module, kinda worried :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Grrrr, peoples sense of entitlement is RIDICULOUS sometimes, woman earlier was giving out that a voucher she was given for nothing to get a pretty decent discount off a phone is only accepted in shops and we should be offering to credit her the cost of a taxi to get to a store as she doesnt drive, fcuking hell like, and the winner of Beggars Can Be Choosers 2012 is...her!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

*droools* Doughnuts!

Morning loungers, can't believe we're on v5, ye are a chatty lot! will have to try and hang around v5 more than I did for v4!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Wheres the jam doughnut???

Did someone eat it :(

We have a polish backery in town and they put icing on top of the largest jam doughnuts, they are soooo good.

My little guy lives for his No No's (he cant say doughnut so calls them no no's)

Im like i want one, no no i cant, yes i can, no no i cant..... Then i eat it :D

EDIT: Just read the old thread, sorry about your dog lia :( *hugs*

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Really sorry to hear about your dog Lia_Lia... :(<3

Got 20,000 words written in the last two days..... :O

Lab exam today in my semiconductor devices module, kinda worried :(

Good luck!

• Advertisement

I thought the effects were good but the film itself, meh.

!

Its worth it just to see Sam Worthington running around dirty covered in sweat and half naked :D

Me liking more than the doughnuts.... what about eating doughnuts off SAM Worthington :D but a showered one;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

So sorry to hear about your dog Lia Lia :(

My friend and my bf's sister have both had babies this week, so half my wages will be going on presents (which I don't mind at all). However, my friend, who's 19, didn't know she was pregnant until she went into labour :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I FINISHED MY THESIS!!!!! :D:D:D

0002gq7x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

:D shiny new thread
    :( yucky doughnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

tomissex wrote: »
    :( yucky doughnuts

Yucky doughnuts... processing... processing...sentence does not compute.

Please try again.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I second the yucky doughnuts thing!

Sorry to hear about your dog Lia_lia.
    Anyone here from Guinness and Rollies knows how upset I was getting about my sick bunny, so I can only imagine how you're feeling. :(

Just bought a dress for my college ball :D
    It's twinkly and purple and I wanna live in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Boy went down to the shop and I asked him to get me something nice, he ends up bringing me back something that I've disliked since I was a kid! I've told him on several occasions that I dislike this!

I wanted a muffin :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Boy went down to the shop and I asked him to get me something nice, he ends up bringing me back something that I've disliked since I was a kid! I've told him on several occasions that I dislike this!

mum always does that
    "look i brought back something nice for us"
    eh i hate iced caramels you know i feckin hate them because i always have :mad:
    go away with your "us"...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

EmilyO wrote: »
    However, my friend, who's 19, didn't know she was pregnant until she went into labour :eek:

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

EmilyO wrote: »
    However, my friend, who's 19, didn't know she was pregnant until she went into labour :eek:

This also happened to an acquaintance of mine, she went into hospital thinking she was dying :eek: I had seen her a few weeks before and there was no bump, little pot belly at best. The baby was perfectly healthy too. Another woman who used to work in my building found out she was pregnant at 7 months, her weight was disguising the bump! Both women were having periods and had no other signs that they might be pregnant, scary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Hmm nothing like a serious illness to make you realise who your friends are :rolleyes:
    Still nothing better to help me see how lucky I am to have my OH- he's been over making me dinners, keeping track of the meds, buying me strawberry milk, tolerating my non-stop complaining ect.
    I is a lucky all things considered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Just read this & had to post it - very touching and heart warming smile.gif "

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa , and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker 's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.
    Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, ''I know why.''

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation. It has changed the way I live.

He said,''People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?''

The Six-year-old continued, ''Well, dogs already know how to do that when they're born, so they don't have to stay as long.''

Live simply.

Love generously.

Care deeply.

Speak kindly.

Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.

Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.

Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy.

Take naps.

Stretch before rising.

Run, romp, and play daily.

Thrive on attention and let people touch you.

Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.

On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.

On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.

When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.

Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.

Be loyal.

Never pretend to be something you’re not.

If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.

When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.

ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY!

421045_272292122847881_131817526895342_609011_547886794_n.jpg

bluewolf wrote: »
    mum always does that
    "look i brought back something nice for us"
    eh i hate iced caramels you know i feckin hate them because i always have :mad:
    go away with your "us"...

Same with my mother. When she makes me tea she puts two spoons of sugar in it despite me not taking sugar in tea since I was a kid :rolleyes:

Sometimes I just people would acknowledge things like that! Especially things they should really know right now.

Have a horrible head cold, I might go back to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

OakeyDokey wrote: »

This is where you went wrong...men always bring "Something that they think is nice" not something you think is nice! Silly girl, should have stated you wanted a muffin!! Boys aren't mind readers...thank God, considering what's on my mind about some of them at times :)

LostGirly wrote: »
    This is where you went wrong...men always bring "Something that they think is nice" not something you think is nice! Silly girl, should have stated you wanted a muffin!! Boys aren't mind readers...thank God, considering what's on my mind about some of them at times :)

Couldn't care if he had brought me an apple! It was the fact that he got me something that I have repeatedly told him I hated!

Anyway I'm going for a walk so I'll get the muffin then.

Just cooked the kids sweet n sour prawns and rice. 2 of the kids love prawns, my self and my other son hate see food. I hate having to cook different food dishes :( Its really wierd cooking food i dont like because I dont know if it tastes right.

I was looking over that sentence and if i put a comma, full stop or exclamation mark after the fourth word I would be done for murder :eek:

Just cooked the kids :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Afternoon all, one of those days where I've lots to do, have done heaps but still feel like I've done nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I've gone from feeling like She-Ra to a crazy woman within the space of an hour.

My gut instinct still tells me I was right the first time, though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Oh my god my neck hurts so much! Just at the bit where it joins my shoulder, so sore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement