Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Miaireland wrote: »
    I agree, there is a long hall where I work and this morning an elderly man with walking sticks was slowly walking up. These two kids decided it would be funny to race down the hall and slide into the man's sticks. The father thought it was funny and couldn't understand why I screamed at the kids.
    He actually said to the old man "it was harmless fun".

shoulda taken the sticks and thwacked the kids
    and then the dad too

not that i would ever advocate violence or post things against the charter

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I agree, there is a long hall where I work and this morning an elderly man with walking sticks was slowly walking up. These two kids decided it would be funny to race down the hall and slide into the man's sticks. The father thought it was funny and couldn't understand why I screamed at the kids.

Scum begetting scum :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

As opposed to 'harmless' assault? Any chance of calling the cops on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

bubblefett wrote: »
    I'm actually ridiculously excited for you coming back to Ireland. I know you're a make-believe person what lives in internet land :p but I'm really happy for you. Though I will miss your India stories

This made me laugh right out loud! How lovely of you - thanks! I will try to put up stories of strange happenings in Dublin when I get back, don't you worry :) Also will fill you in when I'm back on how many times I get my airplane ticket checked in the Indian airports - the record so far is 11 times in one airport. 11!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Stay away from friends' brothers :pac: It really doesn't work :P

:( She keeps saying how great we would be together, but it's not worth the stress or hassle if it all goes wrong, which given my dating history, it surely will :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

coco_lola wrote: »
    :( She keeps saying how great we would be together, but it's not worth the stress or hassle if it all goes wrong, which given my dating history, it surely will :P

Well to be fair, it didn't get awkward between myself and my friend when her brother broke up with me over 3 years ago. Still wouldn't do it again though :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

coco_lola wrote: »

and then if it doesnt work out shell want to know why and youll ahve to say well you know he's a jerk tbh and then bam no friend :eek::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

bluewolf wrote: »
    and then if it doesnt work out shell want to know why and youll ahve to say well you know he's a jerk tbh and then bam no friend :eek::pac:

Or tell her he's useless in bed and that'll just freak her out altogether and never talk to her again :D

Or tell her he's useless in bed and that'll just freak her out altogether and never talk to her again :D

or play the lily allen "its not fair" song for her and leave the room :D

or play the lily allen "its not fair" song for her and leave the room :D

Oh I like it.

Subtle but straight to the point :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

That makes me so angry when people are mean or get mad with old people. Hearing stories on the news that they've been hurt or attacked or scared. Those little brats couldn't be any way well behaved with a troll like that for a father. It's a shame the man didn't bury the sticks in their foreheads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I was in a bad mood so decided to treat myself to a nice bath and to straighten my hair (this will be the first time in WEEKS :eek:) but I managed to completely butcher my poor leg when I was shaving it and I've been trying to stem the flow of blood for ages now, don't understand how it still hasn't clotted. Yeouch.

I was in a bad mood so decided to treat myself to a nice bath and to straighten my hair (this will be the first time in WEEKS :eek:) but I managed to completely butcher my poor leg when I was shaving it and I've been trying to stem the flow of blood for ages now, don't understand how it still hasn't clotted. Yeouch.

i still have a permanent scar on my leg from shaving when i was 11
    yes, it went on and on and ON
    um, that doesn't help but um, it'll stop eventually?

i also have one on my thumb from last year since i sliced a chunk off with another razor by accident :rolleyes:

So i've a story.

I had a fight with a garage a couple of years ago but everytime I pass it i stick my fingers up. I do it now without even realising it.

But the other day I did it not realising there was a taxi in the left lane with an old lady in the back seat beside us.

So there I am, sticking my fingers up and then I look at her and the look of utter disgust on her face. I obviously tried to say sorry but through car windows that isn't very easy.

My boyfriend tried to make me feel guilty but I just couldn't stop laughing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Stride of pride!! :D
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    Ah, El Walko del Shamo. Nothing worse, even when you've done nothing.

Come 16.15 today it will officially be the weekend for me until next Thursday, oh yeah!

*does baby-circles*

In saying that, it hasnt been my worst stride of pride!

In second year of college i was walking back to my house and i had to go by my college to get home, it was 8am didnt think anyone would see....yea...i was wrong...two of my lecturers that are priests saw....me...makeup down my face...bra sticking out of my bag and my tights completely ripped....that was bad :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I was namechecked in the Huffington Post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/paddy-duffy/enter-the-eggheads-taking_b_1577377.html

I've made, Ma! Top of the World!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

But what if I'm the jerk???? :eek::eek:

Yeah, it would have to be him, definitely wouldn't be me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Das Kitty wrote: »

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/paddy-duffy/enter-the-eggheads-taking_b_1577377.html

I used to be a great tablequizzer, I miss them :(

Also, how do you stop smartphones ruining quizzes?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I used to be a great tablequizzer, I miss them :(

Also, how do you stop smartphones ruining quizzes?

This was individual quizzing and there's an honour code.

In general with table quizzes we put a bowl in the middle of each table and get them to put 4 phones into it. Works a treat because they're too guilty to retrieve them mid-round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Styptic pencil, ftw. Stings like fook, but it's yer only man for stopping shaving cuts bleeding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

This was individual quizzing and there's an honour code.

In general with table quizzes we put a bowl in the middle of each table and get them to put 4 phones into it. Works a treat because they're too guilty to retrieve them mid-round.
    That's a great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Hold on, so you're Hosni Mubarak IRL then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Went for an eye test this morning as I noticed quite a dramatic change in my vision over the past month or so, they did a scan and found a big grey splodge behind my left eye that wasn't there last year and said the vision has decreased somewhat and can not be corrected with lenses. I have an emergency appointment for Monday morning in the Mater. I am not looking for medical advice, I just wanted to tell someone as my three best friends are abroad at the moment and I don't want to burden them with this, feeling a bit lonely..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Julybreeze wrote: »
    Went for an eye test this morning as I noticed quite a dramatic change in my vision over the past month or so, they did a scan and found a big grey splodge behind my left eye that wasn't there last year and said the vision has decreased somewhat and can not be corrected with lenses. I have an emergency appointment for Monday morning in the Mater. I am not looking for medical advice, I just wanted to tell someone as my three best friends are abroad at the moment and I don't want to burden them with this, feeling a bit lonely..

Oh you poor thing! Must be such a shock to get. They'll take good care of you on Monday, though. Try not to stress out too much over the weekend.

In the meantime we have tea and cake to spare :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Safe travels SusieQ!

I miss the sunny weather, I always enjoyed strutting around the place to this song

:o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Julybreeze wrote: »

It's a huge shock but you are in the best hands. The guys in the Mater are lovely. At least you are getting it seen to. Even if it turns out to be nothing at least you have had it looked at. Tip though, bring a book or something with you to the hospital, you could be waiting a while :rolleyes:

Any questions PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Collected my wedding dress yesterday. Its fabulous and I love it.
    Had fun evening with family, champagne and dinner to celebrate upcoming wedding.
    Tired and a little hungover today.
    Ate crap and feel yuck now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Ohdeargod why did I drink so much.

I need to remember that drinking on a school night is NOT good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I don't want to work today.

Does anyone want to do my conference calls?

All you need to do is have a voice like an 8 year old girl and say. "I am not sure, I will look into it and get back to you." :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Going to the cinema later and I am going to eat all the treats! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement