Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Polloloca wrote: »
    Strictly water and copious amounts of alcohol.

*high fives* I like tea and coke though :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Had one of those conversations where I want to shout " YOU'RE DELUSIONAL" in response to everything.

Like where you've so much to say but If I were to say it the other person Wouldn't understand or want to understand what I'm saying...
    GAH

I should move out. I'm tired of my parents unloading their problems on me (one ends up bitching about the other). I just end up really angry and anxious and everything. They should talk to each other and not me. Which might be hard considering my dad is a borderline nut job who blames EVERYONE ELSE FOR HIS PROBLEMS. (but that's a whole other thread...)

reality is I can't move out though.
    Do you guys think living at home at 19 is too old? I live so close to college here and I dont have the money to move out. Most of my friends that can live at home do...yet I kind of feel bad about it?
    (should add neither of my parents want me to move out! Doesn't make sense to them...I help out at home and everything. :) )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i think if things are getting strained and you're tired of them dumping on you all the time, it's time to move out
    i don't think it's about the age

whatever about them not wanting you to move out maybe they should have thought of that before treating you like a therapist
    it's not fair on you
    tell them to cut it out or you're off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

krudler wrote: »
    i though u had a boyfriend? or am i imagining things
    I have a boy who is a friend, nothing more. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    bubblefett wrote: »
    I too hate tea, we should start a club :p
    But seriously, why drink tea when you can have coffee?
    So, this is awkward...

Let's just rip the band-aid off in one swift movement, okay? I don't drink tea, coffee or coke. Not for health-kick reasons, just can't stand them!
    I knew there was a reason I made you my girl oddball! You rock!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

McChubbin wrote: »
    I have a boy who is a friend, nothing more. :/

Alright Sheldon ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

bluewolf wrote: »
    i think if things are getting strained and you're tired of them dumping on you all the time, it's time to move out
    i don't think it's about the age

whatever about them not wanting you to move out maybe they should have thought of that before treating you like a therapist
    it's not fair on you
    tell them to cut it out or you're off

If I had money/a job I'd tell then that. I usually tell them they need to find a therapist, get divorced or talk to another one of their children.
    I'm actually at the stage where if one of them gets emotional I'm like *not this ****e again* and I leave the room. Which must seem horribly insensitive. Ive spent the least year and a half mediating and Now I don't care. I can't do anything for them. It's up to them. I cant emphasise how ignorant my dad is. As far as he's concerned my mum will always wait on him hand and foot and give him money and put up with him....worst bit is she probably will. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Well done on all the academic achievements to those to are celebrating tonight :)

Well, today was a big pile of f**k. Work was mad busy, I worked for 11 hours with an hour's actual break, got soaked in the rain three times and burned my thumb off a potato wedge of all things. And I'm PMSing.

Oh, and a bird pooped on my head :(

*pass the cake*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Huh! Went into Dunnes and did some food shopping, I had 25 quid on me to get shopping and I got exactly 25euro worth of shopping. Went to the till to find a man collecting for charity, I didn't have any bags as the shopping was going straight into the car so after the lady scanned I put each item back into the trolley. I had no change from my purchase and when I didn't give money I got the dirtiest look of the man when I didn't put money into his bucket and swore he started making a weird hissing sound while I walked away.

This is the first time I haven't placed money into one of those buckets and it's just crazy that I felt guilty for not having some change. I think it was wrong of that man to have acted in that way without knowing people's circumstances.
    I freaking hate that.

I was in Tesco last week and there was a woman collecting at the checkout, I only bought three items so put them into the carrier bag and when I was walking away from the checkout she looked at me, she was looking at me the whole time I was putting the stuff into my bag and paying, she may as well have put her hand in front of my nose tbh. I didn't give a cent.

Had my first therapy session since January this year and it went well, I've got a new therapist since the old therapist is off work at the moment. Disgraceful that it took almost five months for it to happen though.

I also had a four hour nap and felt good after it, still very tired though.

I also ate a quarter of a tub of Haagan Dazs vanilla :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I also ate a quarter of a tub of Haagan Dazs vanilla :o

I ate an entire tub on monday :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

:( Spent the last 20 minutes crying on my bf's shoulder over job-related issues, what an absolute sap. Very much hitting the point of feeling like I can't keep it up, but my only other option is unemployment because there isn't a single job in my field in my area - and I'm sure I would also find that rather stressful. Mehhhhhhhh :mad:

Hugs. If it makes you feel any better I'm in a similar situation-really unhappy where I am but it doesn't make any sense really for me to move until at least early next year. The way I'm dealing with it is trying to get the most out of what I'm doing and doing loads of stuff to make myself more employable when I can move jobs. That doesn't stop my sobbing on my boyfriends shoulder completely but it has reduced how often it happens, which can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

pampootie wrote: »
    Hugs. If it makes you feel any better I'm in a similar situation-really unhappy where I am but it doesn't make any sense really for me to move until at least early next year. The way I'm dealing with it is trying to get the most out of what I'm doing and doing loads of stuff to make myself more employable when I can move jobs. That doesn't stop my sobbing on my boyfriends shoulder completely but it has reduced how often it happens, which can only be a good thing.

Thanks Pampootie, I hope things pick up in your job too. I'm going to start sending out CVs to a few places tomorrow on the off chance they might need someone.

EmilyO wrote: »
    Well done on all the academic achievements to those to are celebrating tonight :)

Well, today was a big pile of f**k. Work was mad busy, I worked for 11 hours with an hour's actual break, got soaked in the rain three times and burned my thumb off a potato wedge of all things. And I'm PMSing.

Oh, and a bird pooped on my head :(

*pass the cake*

How%20to%20make%20Chocolate%20Cake%20Recipe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Hmm I don't think that went very well.

uhoh, what happened novella?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Novella wrote: »
    Hmm I don't think that went very well.

Do we need some ben--jerrys-half-baked-26672.jpg?1173292675
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Oh, I just went to have a chat with someone who used to be a friend of mine and is trying to become friends with me again. It was really weird and awkward though and I kind of just felt uncomfortable all the time.

Ice cream would be nice right now, thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Novella wrote: »
    Oh, I just went to have a chat with someone who used to be a friend of mine and is trying to become friends with me again. It was really weird and awkward though and I kind of just felt uncomfortable all the time.

That's a pity. At least you went and gave it a shot, you won't be wondering now if you should have gone, y'know?

Alright Sheldon ;):p
    tumblr_m599suzknT1qdiwmdo1_r1_400.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Celebration music, rock opera style:

:D

• Advertisement

I need this poster because of reasons.
    tumblr_m546xlxj9w1r2bdiro1_500.jpg
    Gyah! Someone please tell me where I can get it!

That is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

McChubbin wrote: »
    I need this poster because of reasons.

Gyah! Someone please tell me where I can get it!

Here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Moved house last weekend, and have been unpacking since. No idea how I manage to accumulate so much STUFF.

I have so many college finishing-up things to do that I've neglected, and I said I'd do them last week and now it's nearly the end of this week:( procrastination just makes me crap at everything.

DasKitty, fair play to your brother, it must be so hard to deal with that kind of inconsideration/madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Sooooooo proud of the bf :D:D:D (all will be revealed at later date ;))

In other news I am glued to Pininterest looking for some decoration idea for my sitting room :)

Just passed my pharmacy exams. Sweeet!!!!:D

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Domo arigatu!! In other news, I'm currently browsing Amazon for my Christmas shopping wishlist. I'd like to buy my brother a new bowling ball but all the awesome looking ones are over $100. :/ I think I might just get him a nice bag instead.
    Don't give me that look! I'm the sort that usually has her Christmas shopping done by October. :P I like to pick up bargains in the summer sales and squirell them away in the back of the wardrobe.
    Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Time for dreamy sleepy nighty snoozy snooze!

:)

Albection wrote: »
    Time for dreamy sleepy nighty snoozy snooze!

:)

Ah no Father, not Toilet Duck again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    So, this is awkward...

Let's just rip the band-aid off in one swift movement, okay? I don't drink tea, coffee or coke. Not for health-kick reasons, just can't stand them!
    But... but.. I thought you were my friend. I feel so betrayed. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement