Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Just came back from lunch to find a cupcake on my desk from the MD. Who wants it? It appears to be white chocolate with vanilla bean frosting...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

cdaly_ wrote: »
    As opposed to 'harmless' assault? Any chance of calling the cops on them?

The funny part of the whole thing was the father was looking for a character reference from my boss. Lets just say it will not be a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Just came back from lunch to find a cupcake on my desk from the MD. Who wants it? It appears to be white chocolate with vanilla bean frosting...

Me please! I need the sugar to make me feel less sh!te...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Now, I'm not normally one to be sucked into gimmicky fitness things but I may have just bought a shake weight. Summer holiday body panic is clearly setting in :D Ah sure, if nothing else, I'll end up being able to give great
    handshakes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Some Jackass rear ended me. As well as my car being in bits, My tyre is as flat as a pancake and I'm mad at myself for yelling at my brother every time he yelled at me for not being able to change my own tyres. If I had only listened and watched the million
    times he did it, I wouldn't be sitting bawling my eyes out an hour away from home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭cena

My mother called me English the other when the stuff was on for the queen. I had said I wasn't really too brothered about it. She replied I thought your English. I just smiled. She has never said it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

bluewolf wrote: »
    i still have a permanent scar on my leg from shaving when i was 11
    yes, it went on and on and ON
    um, that doesn't help but um, it'll stop eventually?

i also have one on my thumb from last year since i sliced a chunk off with another razor by accident :rolleyes:

I think I'll be joining you with a scar soon, it's a pretty deep cut! Makes for an interesting story though :pac:

So I've just received email confirmation of my accommodation offer in Paris. FCUK YEAH :D:D:D What a relief! I'm actually so happy, things are coming together so well :D:D

please god let me get a 2.1 next week or I won't be allowed to go....please...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

First birthday in ages that it's this wet and miserable and of course it'd be a Friday.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

May have just left a note on my saucer in the cafe that had a rather hot guy serving me - who had been looking me up and down and smiling as much as I had been - with my number and "fancy a drink?" on it... sure why not? :P

Have mildly been going "Oh god, what did I do?" ever since though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Polloloca wrote: »
    Some Jackass rear ended me. As well as my car being in bits, My tyre is as flat as a pancake and I'm mad at myself for yelling at my brother every time he yelled at me for not being able to change my own tyres. If I had only listened and watched the million
    times he did it, I wouldn't be sitting bawling my eyes out an hour away from home.

I'm so sorry to hear that, have you got breakdown assistance on your insurance? Most companies offer it as standard. It's not the end of the world, at least you are alive and not hurt (too much I hope, apart from maybe a bruised ego!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I have so many scars on my hands it's ridiculous. 2 on my right (one caused by a bath-hating dog, the other by a violent game of Power Rangers aged 9) and 1 on my left from when I put my hand down while sitting on a hill and a huge shard of glass went through my palm :pac:

I have such ugly hands *sobs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

May have just left a note on my saucer in the cafe that had a rather hot guy serving me - who had been looking me up and down and smiling as much as I had been - with my number and "fancy a drink?" on it... sure why not? :P

Have mildly been going "Oh god, what did I do?" ever since though...

Fair play to you - nothing ventured, nothing gained, wha?

I gave my number to a seriously hot guy in Lillies last Friday. He texted me on Saturday and on Sunday, but not a sausage out of him since. Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Ah that smug feeling when you're getting seriously crap service in a restaurant and you leave thinking "I just mystery shopped your ass!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

bubblefett wrote: »
    Ah that smug feeling when you're getting seriously crap service in a restaurant and you leave thinking "I just mystery shopped your ass!" :D

What's mystery shopping like actually? Do you get much money for it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Got the photo I've wanted all year - me in the drivers seat of a tuktuk. I even got some Indian passengers! Tried to charge them 50 rupees but they didn't fall for it.

Last night in India, can't wait to get home. Long journey ahead but will enjoy a nice glass of wine once I get my last connection. Etihad are incredibly great to fly with - good food, lovely staff and nice booze collection, not to mention tons of great movies. Kind of looking forward to it now actually! Managed to talk myself into it just there :)

Tonight I am mostly rambling btw :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

coco_lola wrote: »
    What's mystery shopping like actually? Do you get much money for it??

Depends on the job and company as to if your paid. I was paid today a couple quid (nothing to write home about) and then the cost of my foods, but sometimes they just pay for your expenses.
    I don't mind, I like getting free food and the illusion of power :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

So, Facebook thinks I'm a stoner...

vxtSW.png

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I must admit, Susie Q, that I'm going to miss your India stories. They're always so entertaining :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

It's the weekend \o/ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kiera wrote: »
    It's the weekend \o/ :)

not for a nother 3.5 hours for me :( I think this evening I shall be getting drunk.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    not for a nother 3.5 hours for me :( I think this evening I shall be getting drunk.

Aw boo :(

I'm defo getting drunk tonight.

*clink*. To drunken divilment!

*clink*. To drunken divilment!

Noooooooo! I'll behave myself tonight, wont make that mistake in here again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

From an extreme low to an all time high, just got my exam results: marks ranging from 68-85, highest in the class in one of my modules! :D

Noooooooo! I'll behave myself tonight, wont make that mistake in here again :D

What did i miss?

What did i miss?

A naked zebra starfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Got the photo I've wanted all year - me in the drivers seat of a tuktuk. I even got some Indian passengers! Tried to charge them 50 rupees but they didn't fall for it.

Last night in India, can't wait to get home. Long journey ahead but will enjoy a nice glass of wine once I get my last connection. Etihad are incredibly great to fly with - good food, lovely staff and nice booze collection, not to mention tons of great movies. Kind of looking forward to it now actually! Managed to talk myself into it just there :)

Tonight I am mostly rambling btw :pac:

How long should it take for you to get home?

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

A naked zebra starfish.

There were even photos and everything! :eek:

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Oh no!

What?

This discussion has been closed.