Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Break out a biochem book. Should help. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Albection wrote: »
    Break out a biochem book. Should help. :pac:

you'd think, but...no. even have read some of next years pharmacology lectures, and...no :(. I'm hardwired for call, which will be great, once I get there, but right now... not so much :o

what's got you so bright eyed and bushy tailed? Not too much sore from the trees I hope??

Jessibelle wrote: »
    you'd think, but...no. even have read some of next years pharmacology lectures, and...no :(. I'm hardwired for call, which will be great, once I get there, but right now... not so much :o

what's got you so bright eyed and bushy tailed? Not too much sore from the trees I hope??

I actually don't like to sleep at night. :o I prefer the temperature, not having to share bandwidth and the solitude does good things to me. :) I hope that doesn't make me sound crazier than I am. :o

Try writing an essay on something! The biopsychosocial implications of having asthma or something. Go through each individual determinant of health in 2.5 page long detail and reference every second sentence with EndNote (with direct exported RIS file format from your online source) and see if that helps. :pac:

Alas, I still have a little niggling pain. :( This is what happens when you do something that someone has said you don't have to do! From now on it's selfishness all the way. :cool:

No, I get it. I prefer night as well for pretty much the same reasons :) Y'know what they say, no good deed and all that.... as for the essay,ah... I'm watching season 4 Grey's interspersed with Pushing Dasies (loved that so much). That'll do for tomorrow so :D

oooh Enterprises Dr Phlox is in this one...

• Advertisement

Very good. I'll expect it by 5 tomorrow so. ;)

If I don't get it by then, I'll wait until I become a mighty powerful SHO and make all med students do it! Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Once again; as I've said earlier in the thread. Not crazy. Not.

Sure who hasn't had the all powerful SHO dream... :D Or the all powerful president of the world with giant sparkly crown one...:o

Oh ffs, wisdom tooth pain. Why are you back? WHY?! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Typical, I have a day off today and I'm a wide awake since quarter to seven. Can't even have breakfast because I have bloodtests in a few hours. Grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Sound for waking be up and 3.35am housemates. SOUND.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

RE: Back acne and steroid use -- my husband gets a spotty back like that and he certainly isn't taking steroids, (or if he is they're not working).

I hope almostnever is not back for good reasons. *crosses fingers*

It's Thursday, it's raining and I'm giddy. I have a new internet friend who sent me on part of a story she's working on and it's so good. I'm still in shock that she wants my opinion on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

sarahbro wrote: »
    Oh god, Tom Hardy is beautiful...back acne or not
    *swoon*

What the fook is that about? I didn't think grown men got back acne??

I think it's fair to say that

A) AN has been flown away on a romantic getaway.
    B) He turned her down and she's and too sad to tell us.
    C) Something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

What the fook is that about? I didn't think grown men got back acne??.

Huh? Lots of grown ups have acne/back acne.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Tired. Tired. I'm tired. Tired I am. Tired.

*yawns*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Still nothing from almostnever? It's either very bad or veeeeeeery good! ;) Hopefully the latter *crosses fingers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Mornin', ladies

Back from Italy. Had a ball. Smoked about 4,000 fags. Drank about a hundred litres of prosecco. Came out of tag retirement last night. Nearly died a death.

How's everyone been?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Acoshla wrote: »
    Huh? Lots of grown ups have acne/back acne.

Learn something new everyday. I didn't know you could develop it in your later life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

What follows is much rambling and excessive detail and the ultimate stream of consciousness post, be warned :P

Well, it went well. Kind of. But the only reason it went at all well, I suspect, is because i didn't actually tell him. It wasn't a straightforward case of chickening out (although there were elements of that, admittedly) but a combination of a few different things that convinced me it'd be a bad idea to say anything. We had so much fun though, it was a brilliant day and we had one of our amazing hours-long chats and he loved his present (and he got me one too, wasn't expecting that at all but it's part of the reason I ended up not saying anything to him.) Bittersweet kind of day to be honest, I think the negative side to it is only really starting to hit me now.

I bumped into a friend on O'Connell Street and she asked me why I was in Dublin so I told her I was meeting him and she told me I looked lovely and wished me luck on the date. I told her it wasn't a date and she laughed at me and said "he's coming into town just to see you and there's no college or anything on, if you're not talking about college then it's a date!" :pac:

We met on Grafton Street but it was different to when we usually meet because he didn't give me a hug, and he always does. Actually, the whole time there was no physical contact at all, not even when we were saying goodbye (with both of us having just said that we probably wouldn't see each other until Christmas at the very earliest, if not until the following summer...) I don't know, it was just a bit weird for us. And only for the fact that I was already quite near tears (sure I just love being an emotional wreck :pac:) I would have hugged him, but when I'm about to cry and hug somebody the floodgates open and I really didn't want to risk that.

I just love spending time with him so much, I really do, and I'm glad I got the chance to do that before he left. I'm a bit worried about him though, he's under a lot of pressure from a lot of places at the moment and I hope everything works out for him. It's really weird to think that he's leaving, and even when he comes back, I'll be gone and he'll be leaving again. Just can't get my head around it. He's been responsible for so many fantastic-beyond-words things that have happened this year and even though I told him that I don't think he fully realises it.

When we met I asked him how he's been the last little while and what he's been up to because I haven't been talking to him properly since the exams. That was when the first reason I didn't end up telling him came up; he told me that he has been hanging out with old school friends and that he thinks he's starting to fall for one of them. He said that he's seeing her in a whole new light lately and while he doesn't really understand it and it's unlikely anything will happen because he's leaving and doesn't know when he'll be back exactly he said it's a nice feeling to like someone like that. When he said her name I was just like ":( :/" because I met her at his birthday party and she's just...perfect. Not only is she absolutely stunning, she's funny and intelligent and talented and interesting to talk to and just perfect. She's way more in his league and they'd actually look really good together. So that was like a kick in the stomach but I bounced back from it quite quickly to be honest, it was like I internalised it or something, it's only really starting to sting now. And it was so funny, he told me that when he was leaving to come into town his dad was asking him who he was meeting so he told him he was having lunch with me and his dad said "there's something very special about her, isn't there? She'll go very far" which made me laugh, his dad is such a legend. They're so alike in ways it's a little bit unnerving, talking to his dad is like talking to him in thirty years :pac:

We had such a lovely lunch, I don't even know where we went but it was absolutely gorgeous and we were kind of outside in the sun while still being inside, it was quite quiet too and the food was delicious. We had a great chat then, about a million different things. We were talking about things we're worried about at the moment and tried to fix as many of those things as we could. I love his advice; he only gives it when he is asked for it and his insight is always so unique and novel, it's brilliant. And we were talking about travel, he has been so many places and I haven't but I've always intended to at some stage in the future so it was a really interesting and exciting conversation. He's someone who always makes me feel like I can do things, I really have never known anyone who has such unwavering faith in me. And I can't even remember what we were talking about when I made a joke about dying (I always joke about how I'm going to die young, it's just something I do a lot for some unknown reason) and he laughed because in fairness it was very funny in context, but then he said "touch wood" and told me that it's bad for my mental health to joke about that so much, then paused and looked straight at me and said "not to mention how bad it is for *my* mental health". Y'know when someone gives you a really significant kind of look when they're talking to you? It was like that, but I only realised it later. And then, because I'm absolutely crazy, it came into my head to say "what do you mean? What difference would it even make to you if I died?" but I was so horrified that such a thing even crossed my mind and was so bewildered as to where it came from (I couldn't mean anything less...) that I didn't say anything for a minute and then I apologised and said something like "oh I'm always joking about that, it doesn't mean anything" and then we were talking about other things so it was grand. There was something really weird between us then though, I couldn't put my finger on it!

So then when we were finished lunch and had been sitting there talking for aaaaages we went up to pay and I didn't realise he had paid for both of us together, and he wouldn't take any of my money so I offered to get him ice cream (you can't say I'm not a shrewd plotter :pac:) So I recommended Gino's and he deferred to my authority on all ice cream related matters. :p I even helped him pick out what kind he wanted I suggested he get vanilla, referring to a private joke, and he was laughing so much that I actually had to order for him because the people behind us didn't seem to want to wait for him to compose himself...:p) and then we walked along Grafton Street really slowly for a while, chatting about anything and everything. :) And by then the sun was shining really brightly again, it had been a bit duller earlier and I said "pathetic fallacy" and he grinned back at me. So it was getting latish, and he had to go home to start packing and stuff so we walked off Grafton Street, passing people collecting for a charity. He had a few euro in coins in his pocket and put them in the bucket so the guy gave him a sticker but his hands were full with his book and his ice cream so the guy put it on his head and then offered to give me one. I LOVE stickers so I said yeah and the guy went to put it kind of on my collarbone and he was like "nuh-uh, put it on her head too" so that guy ended up giving me three, one on my nose and one on each cheek :pac: The two of us were really hyper by now so we found this HILARIOUS and couldn't stop laughing for ages! And we bumped into a few of his friends from college who I kind of know and we forgot then that we had stickers on our faces, very odd looks ensued.

I was going to get my bus home and he was getting the DART so we were able to walk about halfway together before parting ways. When we were saying goodbye we both realised that we wouldn't see each other again for a long time, christmas at the earliest and even that is quite unlikely, so I said that if he ever finds himself in Paris for whatever reason next year to come and see me and although at first he laughed a bit I think he knew I was being serious about it! Then we remembered that we had gifts for each other. He got me a beautiful gift copy of The Count of Monte Cristo (it's a reference to a private joke :pac:) along with a magnetic bookmark which reads as follows: "Great friends are hard to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget." That was another nail in the coffin as far as telling him how I felt was concerned, because I saw that he thinks of me as a friend and not anything more. I gave him his present then (admittedly, it was excellently chosen, I don't think I've ever come across something that was so him before!) and he was really touched by it. It was the sweetest thing ever, he looked at it with a bit of disbelief and then said really quietly "thank you so much Keri, you really are just fantastic" and I was getting more than a little emotional so I smiled at him and turned to walk away, we both said our goodbyes and our good lucks and we both went our separate ways. Almost as soon as I had crossed the road he called after me "thanks a million, really" and I turned around and smiled and said "no bother, you're very welcome" and continued to walk on.

So yeah, that's it really. Sorry about the length of that, it's probably not worth reading and it doesn't really end well. I don't think that the negative aspects of it have hit me properly, I've that to look forward to I guess! Going to miss him a crazy amount and I think I need to get it into my head that I'll never be with him, for the sake of my own sanity. I don't know, I've been in a strange mood ever since, think I'm in some weird survival mode or something!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Kiera wrote: »
    My taste in men is obviously up my arse.
    orly
    Albection wrote: »
    Giggity. :pac:

damn it!
    *shakes fist*

i'm HUNGRY
    i was dying for a fry but they didnt have any left so i have PORRIDGE
    om nom nom

i'm wearing a pretty blue top and black trousers and im not sure black and blue is a good combo but it didnt suit the grey ones so whatever...

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

11km cycle into work in the rain from my mam's seriously fills me with great joy. Lots of great joy. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

AN, that was a lovely post! I'm glad you had a good day, do you feel ok about not saying anything to him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

11km cycle into work in the rain from my mam's seriously fills me with great joy. Lots of great joy. :pac:

My 10km cycle this morning turned into 12km when I realised I forgot my lunch and had to turn around and go back for it!

Nice refreshing rain though. I'll happily take rain over winds any day!

Saw loads of people cycling in full waterproofs, surely the amount of sweat you'd generate in them at this time of year completely negates the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Almostnever, it sounds like you guys had a lovely day. I think, if your gut instinct told you not to tell him, then it's probably the right choice.

Regardless of whether or not he feels the same as you, he clearly values you hugely. People underrate friendships, I think.

I hope you guys stay in contact and get to hang out in the not-too-distant future :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,659 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Saw loads of people cycling in full waterproofs, surely the amount of sweat you'd generate in them at this time of year completely negates the point?

Ha, I was cycling in my shortest cycling shorts :D I HATE waterproofs, they make me so sweaty. But I don't know if it's because I'm an exceptionally sweaty person or what. It's easier for me to just bare as much skin as possible and dry off with a towel when I get into work!

My pale legs also double as handy reflective devices :)

I saw a fair few people during the heatwave last week cycling in full on winter jackets and long tracksuit pants :eek: I don't know how they did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

coco_lola wrote: »
    AN, that was a lovely post! I'm glad you had a good day, do you feel ok about not saying anything to him?

Thank you :) I wish I had told him but I know that realistically there wasn't a chance. I knew within about five minutes that I wouldn't tell him and I think that might be why the conversation didn't go anywhere that would have given me a natural chance to say something, and I would have wanted it to come up pretty naturally. There was a moment though when he was trying to show me how to count to ten in Bengali and it was really adorable, I said "I love how you say those words" and then it very nearly slipped out but I stopped myself. Maybe if our paths cross again it might be right to tell him then, to be honest I would have felt a little mean (for want of a better word) saying it yesterday because he already has a lot on his mind and I wouldn't want to add to that in any way.
    Almostnever, it sounds like you guys had a lovely day. I think, if your gut instinct told you not to tell him, then it's probably the right choice.

Regardless of whether or not he feels the same as you, he clearly values you hugely. People underrate friendships, I think.

I hope you guys stay in contact and get to hang out in the not-too-distant future :)

I really hope so too :) I guess you never know what'll happen in the future, I'd love to think that he'll be in my life in some capacity at least!

Gauge wrote: »
    Ha, I was cycling in my shortest cycling shorts :D I HATE waterproofs, they make me so sweaty. But I don't know if it's because I'm an exceptionally sweaty person or what. It's easier for me to just bare as much skin as possible and dry off with a towel when I get into work!

My pale legs also double as handy reflective devices :)

I saw a fair few people during the heatwave last week cycling in full on winter jackets and long tracksuit pants :eek: I don't know how they did it.

Haha, I was similar - football jersey and bike shorts. We have showers at work too, which is really handy. I also discovered today that when someone gets into the shower in the male changing room, it makes the shower in the female changing room go cold straight away :eek:

• Administrators Posts: 53,659 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Plucked up courage to see gp about my toes... Been playing up and kinda sore... Advised I get an apt with the chiropodist with a view to an orthopaedic referral with a further view for surgery!!!! Naturally, I just hear surgery and freak out!!
    Apt booked for chiropodist:podiatrist for Monday week ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement