Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Almostnever, you should write a book. (And I don't mean 'cause you told that story and it was really long, I mean 'cause you write beautifully.)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Plucked up courage to see gp about my toes... Been playing up and kinda sore... Advised I get an apt with the chiropodist with a view to an orthopaedic referral with a further view for surgery!!!! Naturally, I just hear surgery and freak out!!
    Apt booked for chiropodist:podiatrist for Monday week ...

oh no you too? did they have any idea what it might be or you just have to wait and see? ive been putting off going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

bluewolf wrote: »
    oh no you too? did they have any idea what it might be or you just have to wait and see? ive been putting off going

What putting you off going?

I had an op on my toe about 5 years ago (actually it was 8 years ago - i've just realised how old I am ugh).

They numbed my toe and started hacking away. I got to see the whole thing. It was epic! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I had an op on my toe about 5 years ago (actually it was 8 years ago - i've just realised how old I am ugh).

They numbed my toe and started hacking away. I got to see the whole thing. It was epic! :D

not being bothered and thinking it'll go away and finding time and money to visit a gp :D

Ha yeh. I spent about 6months thinking it would go away or that I could fix it myself.

Usually it did :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I am so over the weather and this week in general. Well, I've had a good week really, except for work :p Hate working in this weather, but I've gotten lovely walks and have been eating relatively well, still too many sweet things, the shock of digging out my summer clothes and seeing the state of me in them has spurred me into action a bit. Can't wait to go home for the bank holiday, beach walks, hang out with family and spa day with one of my besties, yay :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Oh god I can't even look at my feet as it is, looking at them during an operation would be hell for me!

god i would love a cheeseburger. and chips.

Acoshla wrote: »
    I am so over the weather and this week in general. Well, I've had a good week really, except for work :p Hate working in this weather, but I've gotten lovely walks and have been eating relatively well, still too many sweet things, the shock of digging out my summer clothes and seeing the state of me in them has spurred me into action a bit. Can't wait to go home for the bank holiday, beach walks, hang out with family and spa day with one of my besties, yay :)

It is still sunny where you are?

It's pissing where I am. Summer clothes are going back in the attic.

Ivy, I'm a lover of all things gorey :D

My sister has the most rotten feet in the world. She's got a serious case of morton's toe and won't ever be seen barefoot.

My sister has the most rotten feet in the world. She's got a serious case of morton's toe and won't ever be seen barefoot.

No p*ssing rain here but it's roasting, 20 degrees, this sticky weather is worse than just warm and sunny.

• Advertisement

I googled that and expected it to be much worse than it was...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

This is how I feel today:

Screen-Shot-2012-04-10-at-8.39.53-AM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Oh god horrible foot stories!!!
    My baby toes curve under my fourth one, always have. Causes all manner of footy probs!! Plus looks Mank!

I googled that and expected it to be much worse than it was...

She has an extreme case. Her second toe is about half an inch bigger.

Nobody really noticed until she was about 8 and she ran across a newly washed floor and left foot prints. My dad was like 'did a cat or something get in here'. :D

Answer the goddamn phone! Or else don't bother putting up your telephone opening hours on the net. Cos it's ALL LIES!

chicken kiev and chips. with LOTS of vinegar
    oh yes

and now a dairy milk :cool:

Answer the goddamn phone! Or else don't bother putting up your telephone opening hours on the net. Cos it's ALL LIES!

I bought a Living Social voucher for a car valet a few months ago, been trying to ring them the last 2 weeks as it expires the end of June, I keep getting voicemail :( That's the only number they have up, I have messaged on Facebook, emailed... Nada.

I'm very sad as I don't like cleaning my car.

coco_lola wrote: »
    I bought a Living Social voucher for a car valet a few months ago, been trying to ring them the last 2 weeks as it expires the end of June, I keep getting voicemail :( That's the only number they have up, I have messaged on Facebook, emailed... Nada.

get your money back and try this one

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin/Auto-Beauty-Club/6196144?CID=IE_AFF_166_10_1_1&utm_source=aff_166&utm_medium=aff_10&utm_campaign=aff_1&utm_content=aff_1

coco_lola wrote: »

I'm organising a civil union between me and the boyfriend. I want to ring and check something about the form I'm filling out before I go to file my application. I'm sure if I just go with out having my question answered, they will say I filled out the form wrong and will have to come back again another day, PITA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

I is awakes. :(

/dies. literally; death is the outcome. too much sleepies.

• Advertisement

I wanted Supermacs for lunch, cheeseburger and chips, mmm. Instead I have tuna, rice, red peppers and an egg. I good girl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Das Kitty wrote: »
    RE: Back acne and steroid use -- my husband gets a spotty back like that and he certainly isn't taking steroids, (or if he is they're not working).

I get a few as well when I work out regularly, can be higher testosterone production which you get from working out anyway, and steroids add to that, doesnt always mean someone is on the roids but it can be one of the signs if its excessive use.I got horrible breakouts when I was on steroids for my arthritis at first even though they wouldnt have been anabolic ones like bodybuilders use, my dad has been on and off steroids for ashtma and assoretd ailments for decades and he gets them too. there's a great documentary on youtube about steroids calles Bigger, Stronger, Faster. takes a look at how steroids are demonised by the US media when it comes to athletes and "roid rage" and all that stuff, even though most of the myths about steroid use is debunked by credible doctors, well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Acoshla wrote: »
    I wanted Supermacs for lunch, cheeseburger and chips, mmm. Instead I have tuna, rice, red peppers and an egg. I good girl :D

That sounds lovely, actually!

stuffed peppers are nice

That sounds lovely, actually!

Boyfriend made it for me so it tastes even better :) He comes home at lunch and feeds me, if he doesn't I end up not eating. I also had a teeny piece of lovely cake, mmm cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Very hungover. Not getting drunk again this summer, waste of time and money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Very hungover. Not getting drunk again this summer, waste of time and money.

I was so hungover on Tuesday I had Eddie Rockets for lunch and Jo'Burger for dinner. I think I outdid myself there.

bluewolf wrote: »

Oh good idea! Going to contact Living Social today to see if they will refund me/contact the owner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Stupid question on the topic of car valeting- my car is covered in little white doggy hairs (seriously covered) and my hoover is too crap to pick them all up.
    If I brought the car to a valet would they dehair it or would it cost a small fortune for it to be done? :/
    I've never had a car valeted, I feel akward getting someone else to clean for me :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

krudler wrote: »
    I get a few as well when I work out regularly, can be higher testosterone production which you get from working out anyway, and steroids add to that, doesnt always mean someone is on the roids but it can be one of the signs if its excessive use.I got horrible breakouts when I was on steroids for my arthritis at first even though they wouldnt have been anabolic ones like bodybuilders use, my dad has been on and off steroids for ashtma and assoretd ailments for decades and he gets them too. there's a great documentary on youtube about steroids calles Bigger, Stronger, Faster. takes a look at how steroids are demonised by the US media when it comes to athletes and "roid rage" and all that stuff, even though most of the myths about steroid use is debunked by credible doctors, well worth a watch.

I had to take steroids a lot as a kid for asthma and i got horrible skin when I was on them. Also was a witch from hell. Take a regular hormonal 13 year old and add steroids to the mix. My parents Loved me that year :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement