Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Went shopping yesterday, got myself new underware from debenhams a dress from awear and a pair of high healed sandals from a shoe shop, making me feel fab. I met my hubby for breakfast and im sure his knees were going weak. He hasnt seen me in short dresses and heals for so long.....

Delighted with all my weight loss.... :D

Im in a fab mood today :D

im hot sweaty and sticky from my 6k walk so really need to take a shower

Ah that's amazing, well done :) You're doing great sticking to your weightloss plan, you should be very proud x
    That first one is not that bad compared to some of the studios in my city. Most of them have sofa beds, so you have the sofa during the day, and you use it as a bed during the night. And for the privilege of living in a shoebox you can pay 500-600 euro a month (and this does not include the "property tax" you have to pay). There are university students living in camper vans in this area....

wait... do you have to pay property tax if you're renting?? I assumed cause the landlord owns the place they do :/ ah crap.
    I'd totally live in a camper van, though I'd paint it like the mystery machine :) Actually I always wanted to buy a camper van and turn it into a mobile shop for some of the crap I make

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

bubblefett wrote: »
    wait... do you have to pay property tax if you're renting?? I assumed cause the landlord owns the place they do :/ ah crap.

I'm presuming France is different to Ireland. No need to panic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Ah that's amazing, well done :) You're doing great sticking to your weightloss plan, you should be very proud x

Thanks,

These are my new buys. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78942971&postcount=6302

I really need to take a shower.... talk later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

good for you :D

Thanks...

going for my shower now this second.....

I stink :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'd totally live in a camper van, though I'd paint it like the mystery machine :) Actually I always wanted to buy a camper van and turn it into a mobile shop for some of the crap I make

I'm talking about France, sorry if I confused you! Here, if you own a property, you pay an owners tax (whether you live there or not, you have to pay it on all your properties) based on the square footage of your house and your income. Then everyone has to pay a "Taxe d'habitation", which is also based on square footage and income. (So if you own a house, you pay both taxes, and if you rent, you just pay the taxe d'habitation). It can be expensive but it is fair, and it pays for bin collection etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Im going to the zoo!!! :D

still in agony but im bringing a stock of painkillers haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I'm talking about France, sorry if I confused you! Here, if you own a property, you pay an owners tax (whether you live there or not, you have to pay it on all your properties) based on the square footage of your house and your income. Then everyone has to pay a "Taxe d'habitation", which is also based on square footage and income. (So if you own a house, you pay both taxes, and if you rent, you just pay the taxe d'habitation). It can be expensive but it is fair, and it pays for bin collection etc etc

Haha thanks :) I was worried for a second :o

Bring back photos of penguins!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

susie, please translate what wanting a 99 means :pac::pac::pac:

yeah ivy, i heard there's a mad shortage of space for students, especially in paris

bluewolf wrote: »

yeah ivy, i heard there's a mad shortage of space for students, especially in paris

Here the problem is that you have lots of students, plus because Montpellier has the Mediterranean climate of course everyone wants to live here...But then you have 20% unemployment so it's not good that so many new people come here every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm going out for lunch with my best friend now. I'm in a bit of a shit mood so hopefully this will fix it.

• Advertisement

Lucyfur wrote: »
    She's going to meet the boy she loves to tell him she loves him before he leaves the country

Awwwhh.

That made my day. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

That first one is not that bad compared to some of the studios in my city. Most of them have sofa beds, so you have the sofa during the day, and you use it as a bed during the night. And for the privilege of living in a shoebox you can pay 500-600 euro a month (and this does not include the "property tax" you have to pay). There are university students living in camper vans in this area....

I lived in a 9x14ft apartment with my 6ft 3 ex for a year, we had a sofa bed, fold up every morning, fold down every night. We paid $750 Canadian for it every month, madness. BUT we did have a wifi room, laundry, hot tub, gym and gorgeous courtyard in the middle of the city, was totally worth it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

bluewolf wrote: »

It means you have great taste in treats. Oh, and that you have issues with your father.

:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whatever you do,don't overdose on them :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Last time I houseshared one guy was so disgusting, he actually used to leave his uneaten chinese takeaway underneath the couch until it started rotting and stinking. Bloody scumbag.

*pukes*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Susie_Q wrote: »
    It means you have great taste in treats. Oh, and that you have issues with your father.

:P

but i'm allergic! ha ha

good luck on the house hunting :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I'm so excited for AlmostNever! Going to be refreshing this page like a fiend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Had a lovely fresh healthy salad for lunch.

Now I'm going to have an Ice-Berger.

All about balance, innit? :)

I would kill for a cornetto or a choc ice right now...seriously...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I would kill for a cornetto or a choc ice right now...seriously...

My amazingly wonderful hot sexy gorgeous bf is gone to get me a fruit pastille ice pop. I love him so much right now:D

• Advertisement

Lucyfur wrote: »
    My amazingly wonderful hot sexy gorgeous bf is gone to get me a fruit pastille ice pop. I love him so much right now:D

Damn you and your sexy boyfriend!

/shakes fist and gets shotgun/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm having a warm chocolate brownie with icecream and strawberries, yum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Acoshla wrote: »
    I'm having a warm chocolate brownie with icecream and strawberries, yum :)
    Oh, Jesus Christ. Curse you.

:(

You'll all be relieved to hear, I have nearly perfected my impression of this year's Eurovision winner, Loreen. Happily, I have a lot of hair and a high tolerance for questionable dance moves. So, it's going quite well.
    *crosses off "useless life skills" list*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I just had a Choc Ice :D

Fire alarm went off in work so I ran to the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

So im back!!

Had to leave a bit early my cramps were becoming unbearable :(

He is really nice, really friendly and he completely understood so he walked me back to the bus stop and waited until my bus came, we may or may not have had a little smooch goodbye :o

We just went for a quiet drink and talked about everything and anything, learned loads about each other.

Im still a little hesitant with it since i wont be living in Dublin for much longer but he doesnt want to worry about that for now! Plus the fact that he does seem so mature because he is in his thirties im nearly 21 it seems weird!!

He is going to text me soon to arrange for another date!! :)

Aw I'm delighted your date went well Pixie! He sounds like a dote :) And Carlow to Dublin isn't bad at all; I do that with my boyfriend once a week if we can manage it when I'm in college, the train is only an hour and ten minutes or so :)
    McChubbin wrote: »
    I'd love to work at Ann Summers. Be paid to play around with all kinds of rudery! Ahh, happy days! I wonder if they're hiring?

We had an Ann Summers employees conference in work not too long ago, one of the women tried to rope me and my friend into working for them! It seems like great craic if you have the personality for it! She gave us loads of catalogues too - we were reading them like this :eek:

Going out tonight with himself, can't wait to get all prettyfied :)

Went to IKEA earlier, and some idiot had left their dog in their car in the underground carpark. Poor think was whining and crying really loudly. I reported it to security. So cruel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Acoshla wrote: »
    I'm boooored.

Bake a load of cupcakes with a cream filling.

Commence Operation: Acoshla learns to juggle; Quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yay looks like I can go to the lounge beers after all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Happy now I'm finished work and the weather is lovely again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

krudler wrote: »
    yay looks like I can go to the lounge beers after all :)

Suit up! :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement