Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Just when you think things are coming together and looking up for us, something comes and poops all over us.

I am very worried about my father, and there is nothing but stress stress and more stress being laid on top of him. I can't even deal with it and it's not being laid on me at all. I just feel like crying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Acoshla wrote: »
    Oh Jesus just heard on the news that a sand dune collapsed on a girl where I'm from yesterday, I hate sand (how I don't know considering I was surrounded by it when I was small), the thoughts of that happening have given me shivers. Hope she recovers.

I knew there was a reason why I hated sand and the beach. This just makes me more determined never to go again.

Poor girl. Hope shes ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Getting ready to leave now. Serious knots in my stomach :o I feel like I look half-decent for once though, wearing a new skirt and top and the skirt is swishy so when I twirl around it's really fun! :)

I'll no doubt be back on later moaning, hope everyone has a lovely Wednesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Have the day off so I'm going on a summer clothes shopping expedition :D I got a Boots voucher for my birthday so going to treat myself to some lovely products too, Im a happy Pear today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Getting ready to leave now. Serious knots in my stomach :o I feel like I look half-decent for once though, wearing a new skirt and top and the skirt is swishy so when I twirl around it's really fun! :)

Good luck!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Yeay, good luck!! Will be thinking of you :) Swishy skirts are the best x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Good luck, swishyskirt! That should be your new username :)

I just bought 4 kg of fruit at the outdoor market. Will miss the fresh juicy loveliness when I get home for sure. I have mangoes coming out my ears here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Good luck, swishyskirt! That should be your new username :)

I just bought 4 kg of fruit at the outdoor market. Will miss the fresh juicy loveliness when I get home for sure. I have mangoes coming out my ears here.

juicy juicy mangoes? :pac:

oo shiny
    http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/James-Russell/6192850?CID=IE_AFF_166_10_1_1&utm_source=aff_166&utm_medium=aff_10&utm_campaign=aff_1&utm_content=aff_1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Good Luck!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Best of Luck AN :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Good luck almostnever, you must tell us everything later :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Good luck!!! Make sure to update us!

F5, F5, F5, F5.....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Ohhh almostnever, I have my everything crossed for you:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Ooh good luck, really hope it goes well for you :) Best of luck Almost Never!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

where's she going? i missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Good luck almostnever!

First world problem-want to go to the gym but due a delivery today and don't want my long suffering neighbours to have to receive yet another parcel for me and have to drop it round later, they're surely sick to the back teeth of my online shopping habit by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

bluewolf wrote: »
    where's she going? i missed it

She's going to meet the boy she loves to tell him she loves him before he leaves the country

Lucyfur wrote: »
    She's going to meet the boy she loves to tell him she loves him before he leaves the country

awwwwwwwwww!

good luck AN :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

GOOD LUCK! x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

pampootie wrote: »
    Good luck almostnever!

First world problem-want to go to the gym but due a delivery today and don't want my long suffering neighbours to have to receive yet another parcel for me and have to drop it round later, they're surely sick to the back teeth of my online shopping habit by now.

Oh I hear ya!

We live in an apartment under the house of my boyfriend's elderly grandparents. There was only one buzzer at the gate, which I can't hear from my place. So the grandparents used to have to answer the door every time (and come down the stairs to the gate) so feeling guilty I bought a buzzer for our apartment too, and the button has my surname in big clear letters. But the fecking delivery guys now buzz BOTH buttons when they come! Grr!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I swear shortcrust pastry hates me.

It's always falling apart on me *sigh* ended up having to 'patch' bits of pastry onto the cake, it better taste nice considering it looks awful.
    Acoshla wrote: »
    Are you overworking the pastry? That's the usual cause of it falling apart.
    Most of the recipes say to rest the pastry in the fridge before rolling it. My wife has found that makes it much harder to work and just rolls it immediately. She makes the most wonderful pastry too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Wah, OH didn't get the funding he applied for so he can't afford to move out of his current place for a while yet. Am commencing the search for housemates. Never thought I'd live with strangers again (swore I wouldn't!) but the studio apartments on daft are beyond horrendous.

Last time I houseshared one guy was so disgusting, he actually used to leave his uneaten chinese takeaway underneath the couch until it started rotting and stinking. Bloody scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Wah, OH didn't get the funding he applied for so he can't afford to move out of his current place for a while yet. Am commencing the search for housemates. Never thought I'd live with strangers again (swore I wouldn't!) but the studio apartments on daft are beyond horrendous.

Last time I houseshared one guy was so disgusting, he actually used to leave his uneaten chinese takeaway underneath the couch until it started rotting and stinking. Bloody scumbag.

Aw that sucks, I could never do house share, I'm too easily annoyed by people :p Got really lucky with my place, it's tiny but it has a bedroom, a studio for my art and a yard to sunbath in (and cost the same as the studio apts in the area). I got it purely cause I saw it when it was just uploaded on daft, called and said putting the deposit down straight away :D
    Good luck in the house hunt :) Hopefully you'll find something great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm boooored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ugh that's vile.

I lived with this arsehole of a fella who never bothered putting a towel down in the bathroom when he was having a shower. So I'd come in and be walking on a wet floor. He was prone to pissing all around the toilet seat as well so I was never sure what the hell I was walking in.

Moved out fairly sharpish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Went shopping yesterday, got myself new underware from debenhams a dress from awear and a pair of high healed sandals from a shoe shop, making me feel fab. I met my hubby for breakfast and im sure his knees were going weak. He hasnt seen me in short dresses and heals for so long.....

Delighted with all my weight loss.... :D

Im in a fab mood today :D

im hot sweaty and sticky from my 6k walk so really need to take a shower

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Never thought I'd live with strangers again (swore I wouldn't!) but the studio apartments on daft are beyond horrendous.

What, you mean you don't appreciate the efficiency of having the living area* directly beneath the sleeping area?

And I don't know about you, but I've always thought there's something charming about a place with a window twice the size of the kitchen*

* = I use these terms in the loosest possible way.

(links will be edited out in a while, just want to illustrate the point, don't want to actually be mean to the people letting them.. ahem)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Went shopping yesterday, got myself new underware from debenhams a dress from awear and a pair of high healed sandals from a shoe shop, making me feel fab. I met my hubby for breakfast and im sure his knees were going weak. He hasnt seen me in short dresses and heals for so long.....

Delighted with all my weight loss.... :D

Im in a fab mood today :D

im hot sweaty and sticky from my 6k walk so really need to take a shower

good for you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

What, you mean you don't appreciate the efficiency of having theliving area* directly beneath the sleeping area?

And I don't know about you, but I've always thought there's something charming about a place with a window twice the size of the kitchen*

* = I use these terms in the loosest possible way.

(links will be edited out in a while, just want to illustrate the point, don't want to actually be mean to the people letting them.. ahem)

That first one is not that bad compared to some of the studios in my city. Most of them have sofa beds, so you have the sofa during the day, and you use it as a bed during the night. And for the privilege of living in a shoebox you can pay 500-600 euro a month (and this does not include the "property tax" you have to pay). There are university students living in camper vans in this area....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

That first one is not that bad compared to some of the studios in my city. Most of them have sofa beds, so you have the sofa during the day, and you use it as a bed during the night. And for the privilege of living in a shoebox you can pay 500-600 euro a month (and this does not include the "property tax" you have to pay). There are university students living in camper vans in this area....

There are actually some fairly decent camper vans around! Although now they just remind me of Breaking Bad.. :D

There was one studio I saw on daft a while ago where the fridge and microwave lived in the (tiny) hallway.

To be fair, it's better than not having anywhere at all to live, but the prices for what you'd be getting are a bit nuts!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement