Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

@ almostnever - Best of luck tomorrow, I hope it goes well for you :)

I am wrecked tired, cannot stop yawning at all. Ugh.

O the upside, I have tea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

It'll be tomorrow :o I'm a bag of nerves and excitement, must be funny to observe now that I think of it :pac: I'll probably be here tomorrow night looking for consolation so I'll let you all know what he says and how it goes!

I'm actually so excited for you!! I thought my OH didnt see anything in me because we'd been introduced as friends but then on a night out we were still in the house and we were at the front door waiting for the taxi and I said 'We're gonna have a good night tonight' coz everyone was in an unreal mood to go out and then
    he turned around and looked at me and said'I'm gonna kiss you tonight' just loud enough so I could hear and then cool as cucumber walked out to the taxi and got in.

He has since told me he was ****ting it :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i don't want to alarm anyone but i suspect i am extremely unwell

... i was just thinking i'd love a mcdonalds on the way to german?!

save yourselves, it's too late for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Bluewolf, that's your body's way of telling you that you need salt. When you get food poisoning you lose tons of salt, best way to get it back into you is to mix 1/2 tsp salt with a litre of water and a couple of tbsps sugar. (That's the basic composition of Lucozade btw which is why people say it's great for hangovers.)

Trust me, food poisoning expert here after 8 months here in bacteria land!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Bluewolf, that's your body's way of telling you that you need salt. When you get food poisoning you lose tons of salt, best way to get it back into you is to mix 1/2 tsp salt with a litre of water and a couple of tbsps sugar. (That's the basic composition of Lucozade btw which is why people say it's great for hangovers.)

Trust me, food poisoning expert here after 8 months here in bacteria land!

you're great, i'll keep you

can i just buy lucozade so
    i never ever drink it but it sounds better than salt water
    do they still do the orange version

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

bluewolf wrote: »
    i don't want to alarm anyone but i suspect i am extremely unwell

... i was just thinking i'd love a mcdonalds on the way to german?!

save yourselves, it's too late for me

DEMON DEMON!!!!

Step away from the McDonalds.... UGH!!!

:D:D:D:D

Get yourself some dioralyte in the chemist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Haha, yes, get some Lucozade and something salty to snack on like salted nuts. Should sort you right out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Haha, yes, get some Lucozade and something salty to snack on like salted nuts. Should sort you right out.

<_<
    >_>

/lecherous grin engaged!

I do love me some salty nuts ;)

no i really cant eat but i got the lucozade
    i know, stench :D

i managed to walk half an hour to class, serious achievement in this state lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Today was rather full of innuendo in work. Lots and lots of fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Hey loungers, I'm gone so negligent of this thread, apologies! Hope everyone is good, Dolorus, sorry to hear your bad news!

I'm moving out of home this week! Cannot wait, the new job means I finally have the money and the job is great too! Happy days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im getting really nervous about this date! Im meeting him at 7!

Im bricking it! :o

sorry for the double post but im off!

Ill report back! :)

Wish me luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I seriously want to buy an acoustic guitar :o

Good luck, I'm sure it'll be grand.

Ahh I remember myself and my boyfriends first date two years ago, I was sh!tting it.

When I was walking to restaurant to meet him I was shaking like mad then when I got there, I text him to let him know I was outside, he bounds out of the restaurant and I nearly went mute lol :D

Don't do what I did though, Mr. Muffin asked me how my day was and I told him and then blurted out how nervous I was and he smiled and said "aha me too".

The on our first date last year (we parted ways after going out the first time, family stuff for both of us), I was sh!tting it, luckily we went to the cinema, so I was calm when we were sitting down lol.

We're together a year this July, isn't it crazy how time flies? Wouldn't be without him now, he's the best in the world. :)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I shall be acquiring this fashion accessory in the near future. :(

I had one of them last year - best part is being able to take it off!!

Some good news and some bad news - finally signed my contract, so London here I come!! Really excited, but a bit apprehensive about the whole thing as well.

Bad news - had my appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon, and he thinks I have torn cartilage in my knee, I didn't have the CD of the scan with me thinking that they had it on file, but they didn't - so I'm looking at surgery on my knee which is going to buggar up my summer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I had one of them last year - best part is being able to take it off!!
    Ya, thank feck! I can still go swimming and cycling so it's not like my world is going to end.
    Bad news - had my appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon, and he thinks I have torn cartilage in my knee, I didn't have the CD of the scan with me thinking that they had it on file, but they didn't - so I'm looking at surgery on my knee which is going to buggar up my summer :(

I have got referral to get an X-ray and I hope surgery isn't going to be the answer.

You and me rebel, we're well matched!

Just has sausages and beans for dinner, nom.

Boyfriend is playing a hurling match tonight, hope his team win :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Links234 wrote: »
    I seriously want to buy an acoustic guitar :o

I like acoustics :) I don't play mine often and I'm not very good but I still love it! They're also great fun when having drinks with friends!

I'm tempted by chocolate, must be nearly better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I'm in a "I'm fed up with everything" kinda mood.

I'd love to just scream form the top of cliff right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Week three of the diet and I'm finding it difficult to cope without sugar. I cheated last week at the cinema- had a dirty big milkshake with two full size Mars Bars in it. It was better than sex but boy did I feel dirty afterwards. :/
    I'm also stressed over the fact that one of my aunties is extremely ill in a respite care. She's very weak but can still talk but even so, I've been told to prepare for the inevitable and have my black slacks at the ready. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

McChubbin wrote: »
    Week three of the diet and I'm finding it difficult to cope without sugar. I cheated last week at the cinema- had a dirty big milkshake with two full size Mars Bars in it. It was better than sex but boy did I feel dirty afterwards. :/

The trick with 'cheating', I've found, is to have whatever you want, just less of it. Like, chocolate bars with segments are great, because you can have, say one or two squares a day and save the rest. I'd eat them really slowly, nibble bits and let it melt in the mouth. I found it satisfied the craving but didn't feel like I'd sabotaged myself.

After a while, you'll find that the prospect of eating a whole bar seems ridiculous... it seems like soooo much! It was eye opening to me. It's like when you're used to low-fat milk, full fat milk tastes so rich by comparison it might as well be cream, y'know?

That's what worked for me, at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Howdy :)

it's been a while since I've been on, my laptop died two weeks ago :( but one of my best male friends managed to fix it for me :D so I'm back connected to the world again!

Started my new job :D feeling like I'm settling in pretty well, the girls I'm working with are lovely, and the babies are for the most part, great. Think I'm really going to like working there.

Other than that, not much else going on with me. Hope everyone is keeping well! Did I miss anything major???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Last week diet wise was a write off for me. So much so, I gave up even writing in my tracker by Thursday. I had three chineses, a deep fried mars bar and I was drunk pretty much constantly from Thursday until Sunday. I lost .5 of a lb.

I think that scales in ww is playin' with me. Back to being good this week, tracking again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

One of the managers in work got engaged last night. She pretty much showed everyone in the shop the ring (absolutely gorgeous!) She got home from work last night and her OH had flowers and candles everywhere. So cute! She had no idea!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'm crying with laughter watching America's Got Talent - this guy called metatron in a pure white suit was on stage talking about he was an angel of light etc etc, and ends up not seeing the bright row on lights along the stage and ends up falling off. Reaction of Sharon was priceless, I couldn't stop laughing either :D:D Guy was grand after!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Thanks Ladies! He seems nice but i am kinda hesitant because of the age gap! There is about 13 years between us. It is alot if you think of it! But ill just try to ignore it for the time being and just focus on the date itself! :)
    There is 22 years between me and my man. It sounds crazy, I know, but honestly we get on like a house on fire, nobody has ever made me laugh or smile so much. He has put up with a hell of a lot from me from dealing with my depression to family problems to supporting me moving away with the little lady to go to college. The funny thing is I used to make such a big deal about age gaps in the past - I was 17 dating a 20 year old for a short time and wouldn't tell my friends because I was afraid they would think he was too old for me! I'm crazy about my OH and more in love now than ever almost three years and a baby on. Age isn't always that big a deal. :)
    Polloloca wrote: »
    My previous employers emailed me a fake p45. Despite insisting they posted out an actual copy of it, I never recieved one.
    You should ring revenue, they should get it sorted for you. If you have an old pay slip with their employer tax number on it all the better :)

I hope it is going well pixie-fairy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Feels like I'm living in a soap opera. Have a dangerous suspicion I might be Heather from Eastenders. Currently avoiding photo frames.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'm feeling very giggly tonight and what comes on tv only someone with tourettes.....

I know its nice for the people who have it but it makes good tv.

• Advertisement

So im back!!

Had to leave a bit early my cramps were becoming unbearable :(

He is really nice, really friendly and he completely understood so he walked me back to the bus stop and waited until my bus came, we may or may not have had a little smooch goodbye :o

We just went for a quiet drink and talked about everything and anything, learned loads about each other.

Im still a little hesitant with it since i wont be living in Dublin for much longer but he doesnt want to worry about that for now! Plus the fact that he does seem so mature because he is in his thirties im nearly 21 it seems weird!!

He is going to text me soon to arrange for another date!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement