Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

That's a gorgeous proposal but you would really have to be sure the person would say yes...I would not like a public proposal myself!

PS LOVE the red dress the dancing girl is wearing!

Yeah I'd say with a proposal like that he's pretty sure she'd say yes, they probably have talked about it and all that.

Or it could be one of those "proposals" where they've both already decided to do it, picked the ring, know they're getting married, but it's not "official" until he does an over the top asking that will be the actual story they tell people. God I hate that crap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Acoshla wrote: »
    Yeah I'd say with a proposal like that he's pretty sure she'd say yes, they probably have talked about it and all that.

Or it could be one of those "proposals" where they've both already decided to do it, picked the ring, know they're getting married, but it's not "official" until he does an over the top asking that will be the actual story they tell people. God I hate that crap.

i hate it too but it does seem like a compromise if you're dead set on having some fairytale proposal but still want to have discussed it in advance

bluewolf wrote: »
    i hate it too but it does seem like a compromise if you're dead set on having some fairytale proposal but still want to have discussed it in advance

It's the pretence of it that gets to me, it is a fairytale when done like that...unrealistic and never happened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I love this proposal video! :D

Bawling my eyes out :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

That's a gorgeous proposal but you would really have to be sure the person would say yes...I would not like a public proposal myself!

One night when on holidays in Spain, we saw two couples get engaged, in the same restaurant! Like you said, a public proposal is dodgy unless you know they'll say yes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Was talking to my friends and they are all happy with their results! :)

We already have plans for the cinema Thursday night and shopping all day in Dublin Friday but now we have our results we have earned it and can go mad shopping! :D

My new laptop charger arrived. I noticed the old one was a little frayed and didn't fancy getting electrocuted so I bought a new one. Happy it arrived so quickly. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

It's the pretence of it that gets to me, it is a fairytale when done like that...unrealistic and never happened!

I don't get it either, I think it'd feel really staged or something... I never embellish our low-key kitchen proposal story, maybe I should :pac:

Dolorous wrote: »
    I don't get it either, I think it'd feel really staged or something... I never embellish our low-key kitchen proposal story, maybe I should :pac:

I think I was too caught up in my own not-telling-anyone when you got engaged to actually remember your story, can I have it now please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Posy wrote: »
    Having breakfast in a cafe before starting work- I never do this, it's so strange! :)

That sounds awesome :) I decided to stroll up the town at 8am monday morning to buy breaky and I was loving watching people going to work and sad kids heading to school :D
    coco_lola wrote: »
    I love my bed too much to get up that early - I'd love to be one of those people who sits on their balcony early on a Saturday morning in the sun (when we have it) - but I don't even have seats on my balcony :P

I used to be like that, bed was my favourite, everything else could wait. Funnily enough it's only in the last few months I've started making myself get up early, and the last week I've been getting up even earlier to spend as much time as possible in the pretty sun relaxing. It's actually felt like I was on holidays this week :)

That is the only cool dancing singing proposal I have ever seen. Sometimes I feel so cheated on the proposal front! :p:o

Aw I love your proposal story- it had zombies!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i'd get up earlier like i used to - i used to come into work for 7.30-8 - but the late evenings now with the classes kind of rule that out
    i should get back into good habits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Chewing on my left side is making my left eye wink :D

/i do know this could mean something bad. But right now i'm getting great craic out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

it wouldnt look right tonight if i showed up and was kinda drugged up on painkillers no??

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I think I was too caught up in my own not-telling-anyone when you got engaged to actually remember your story, can I have it now please? :)

Heh, sure!

One night suring the Halloween weekend were sleepily discussing when we might get married, which turned into 'let's get married' :) We had a nose around some jewellery shops on the Monday which was Halloween, kinda funny passing random people dressed as zombies etc! We found the ring, brought it home and then he 'proposed' in the kitchen, with the cats in attendance... then I got to ring my family and friends, and we celebrated with Thai takeaway and wine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

"'I dont have to tell you anything' she said with anger flowing out of her mouth like volcanic lava."

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Susie_Q wrote: »
    "'I dont have to tell you anything' she said with anger flowing out of her mouth like volcanic lava."

That is all.

He seems to have grown a strong liking for similes.

Avox wrote: »

like a FOX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Avox wrote: »

I would too if I could come up with some like that!

Ah yes Dolorous now I remember the cats in attendance! :) I like your story, it's sweet. Funny how we both got engaged Halloween weekend and both were because random marriage talk turned into "lets get married" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Oh fook ya teletextpear... i've tears in my eyes after watching that :)

Me too :o ... and I usually hate those proposal video things. :o I blame TOTM hormones!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

bluewolf wrote: »
    ah i know, i was just teasin ya :(
    I know :) I didn't mind lol. I apologise if I came across as snappy or anything, it wasn't meant that way. :o

So I made Shepards pie and it's awful.

Really bland and tasteless unlike the last one I made.

All I've had to far is the cheese on the top of it and a few bits of veg/meat. Not sure if I can eat much more. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I know :) I didn't mind lol. I apologise if I came across as snappy or anything, it wasn't meant that way. :o

So I made Shepards pie and it's awful.

Really bland and tasteless unlike the last one I made.

All I've had to far is the cheese on the top of it and a few bits of veg/meat. Not sure if I can eat much more. :(

What recipe did you use?

Did you get the ingredients from somewhere different to last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Suzie, that guy is like the Indian Trent (of boards fame).

I, for one, would certainly read the Great Indian Novel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Spent four hours working on a report, accidentally hit "exit", didn't save... Bye bye report :(

What recipe did you use?

Did you get the ingredients from somewhere different to last time?
    I used this recipe today http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/9644/nofuss-shepherds-pie and this recipe the last time http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/775643/cottage-pie although I left out the red wine, thyme and bay leaves and it was fine.

The last time I also added sweetcorn and frozen peas to the pie and it was delicious.

I thought the recipe I used today was the one I used the last time (I didn't think of checking my recipe folder stupidly).

The one I made last time was so much nicer, so full of flavour, whereas this one was just ugh.

Today I used frozen green beans, frozen peas and frozen spinach (all cooked separately and added in at the last minute) and it just didn't work.

I tend to put a lot of veg in the pies as I don't really eat enough vegs on their own, I find them to be very bland.

It was my own fault tbh, next time I'll be more careful.

Thyme and red wine make everything yummy, you should leave them in :)

Thyme and red wine make everything yummy, you should leave them in :)
    I'll definitely put the thyme in next time, I'm unsure about the red wine though, I don't like red wine tbh and find in anything that I've added it too, it's gives a strong 'wine taste' which I don't like. :o

I'll definitely put the thyme in next time, I'm unsure about the red wine though, I don't like red wine tbh and find in anything that I've added it too, it's gives a strong 'wine taste' which I don't like. :o

I love the flavour of it, maybe just add a little tiny bit? If you don't like it you don't like it but it does add flavour, might be worth trying a tiny bit before you decide completely.

i normally hate it too but if it's cooked off properly it actually can be ok... and this is from someone who hates alcohol in any food

can someone carry me to my german class later please i dont think ill manage walking
    thanks...

I love the flavour of it, maybe just add a little tiny bit? If you don't like it you don't like it but it does add flavour, might be worth trying a tiny bit before you decide completely.
    I might try it actually. I'd have to get a quarter bottle as a full bottle would only go to waste, but it might be worth trying.

I've never really experimented with food until the last few months tbh so I'm still trying different things.

Growing up it was always the same old beef/chicken/ham-cabbage dinners, never pasta/pizza/mince/stir fries etc.

I remember one time my auntie gave me lasagne and chips (was the first time I had it), before I started eating it my mother told me I wouldn't like it, she was so wrong lol. I devoured it, it's one of my fave meals now tbh.

/ramble :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Novella wrote: »
    Ooh, is this happening today or tomorrow? I'm so excited for you! I don't really have any advice :/ I just really, really hope it goes great and can't wait to hear about it! :) Good luck :) x

It'll be tomorrow :o I'm a bag of nerves and excitement, must be funny to observe now that I think of it :pac: I'll probably be here tomorrow night looking for consolation so I'll let you all know what he says and how it goes!

Really glad to hear you're feeling better :D
    Susie_Q wrote: »
    My advice is just to come right out and say it. Don't dance around it (prolonging it will make it more difficult) and don't hint it at (he won't get it), just be direct and be honest. At least that way you know he definitely knows how you feel, and you can find out how he feels in return. It's absolutely terrifying I know, but best of luck - you'll always regret it if you don't just go for it. Fingers crossed for you! :)

Thanks for all the advice/support with this, everyone. You're all brilliant. <3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement