Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Feeling very loved up :)
    He said the sweetest thing the other day. He told me he loves how I look best when I'm just about to go to sleep and when I wake up, said I'm like Sleeping Beauty :)
    I'm pretty sure I look more like a panda-eyed mess...

He's puppy-sitting for me today. Can't wait to go back and see him. Just wish we were living together :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Can't sleep, just so anxious at moment
    The day is looking very long for me, because I miss him so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Can't sleep, just so anxious at moment
    The day is looking very long for me, because I miss him so much
    Were you together long?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Really really upset right now. Think i've blown it with one of the coolest nicest guys i know :(:(

It was going so well too.. this always happens me. Silly girl :(

supermouse wrote: »
    Really really upset right now. Think i've blown it with one of the coolest nicest guys i know :(:(

It was going so well too.. this always happens me. Silly girl :(
    I'm sure it's not that bad, what happened?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

cdaly_ wrote: »
    How about cutting up the chicken, coat it in the spices, cover and leave for a few hours to marinate. Then do all the rest...
    pfff
    that takes organisation :pac:
    EmilyO wrote: »
    Beauty and the Beast is amazing, from the animation to the music to its wonderful heart. The animation is brilliant especially at the part where the beast transforms and when they first explore the castle. Apparently the beast-like sculptures around the castle are actually earlier incarnations of the beast himself :D

no sorry, can't stand the stockholm syndrome film
    So What's the Problem?
    You know where else you can spend all day reading? Prison. Which is exactly where Belle is. Read all you want, as long as you don't think of leaving to see your family or loved ones ever again.
    Remember, she's being held against her will -- she agreed to take her father's place as the Beast's prisoner. She had tried to escape once already, but the Beast tracked her down. Sure, he saved her from some wolves in the process, but he's still her captor. It's true that after he collapses, she drags him back to the castle to tend his wounds and willingly remains in his possession. But that makes perfect sense if you've heard of Stockholm syndrome.

Belle has. She's read everything.
    Hostages, in order to keep from losing their grip on things, have been known to fall in love with the people holding them captive. There are four distinct stages of it, and Belle goes through each one in order:
    Stage 1 is the act of being held captive itself. The captive person is held by fear of pain and/or death, and learns that the only way to survive is to be compliant. Belle does this right away and goes to her room without a struggle.

"I could probably do without the talking wardrobe now that I'll never see my father again."
    Stage 2 is getting to know your captor so you can avoid pissing him off and causing him to harm you. Belle gets pretty familiar with the Beast's moods and what will set him off, which may seem like she's getting to know him as a friend, but is really just an innate survival instinct telling her to tread lightly around his monstrous ass so he doesn't rip her in half in a fit of spectacular rage.

Stage 3 is regarding any act of kindness as a sign that your captor is basically a good person -- even if that act of kindness is simply not killing you. The Beast giving Belle a library seems like a wonderful gesture from a sweet guy until you consider the fact that the library was already there. It's just another room in his house. All he did was open a door and point. So really, it's no different than "giving" her a bathroom to use, although Belle thinks it's the grandest thing anyone has ever done for her.

"Hey, here's the part where I start blaming myself for all the bruises!"
    The final stage is when you start thinking of your captor as your friend, and of the people trying to rescue you as your enemies. The guy coming after her (Gaston) is a meatball, to be sure, but he and his mob are basically just trying to rescue Belle from a cruel, kidnapping monster's mind games.

Read more: 5 Romantic Movie Gestures That Were Actually Dick Moves | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article_19285_5-romantic-movie-gestures-that-were-actually-dick-moves.html#ixzz1vOnPxHlv

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Kiera wrote: »

I know him for years and there's always been something between us but we were never able to act on it.

I live abroad and he's over here visiting his brother abd the first night he arrived we got together, we havent been apart since. Its going so so well, but he leaves on Monday.

We were out last night and unfortunately i cant remember much of what happened but the outcome is that he doesnt want to see me any more and thats that!

I tried emailing him today and he hasnt replied... i have no idea what i said like :(

supermouse wrote: »

I know him for years and there's always been something between us but we were never able to act on it.

I live abroad and he's over here visiting his brother abd the first night he arrived we got together, we havent been apart since. Its going so so well, but he leaves on Monday.

We were out last night and unfortunately i cant remember much of what happened but the outcome is that he doesnt want to see me any more and thats that!

I tried emailing him today and he hasnt replied... i have no idea what i said like :(
    Ah don't worry too much just yet. Let him cool off for a few days. You're both hungover today so it's best to stay away till both of you are feeling better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

You know it's a bad sign when you have more fun playing Snake on YouTube than actually watching any videos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

I went to an entirely teetotal dinner party las night and it was...weird! I don't think I'm dependent on alcohol to have a good time but I like my wine and its as much part of the ceremony as the food, imo. A couple of cups of Coke just wasn't the same! There were about 15 people there and some didn't know each other so the whole thing was quite stilted, especially once the post-eating energy slump hit. Honestly, I had a great time for the first hour then when I'd caught up on what everyone was doing since I saw them last I was done and wanting to go. My housemates were at a cider festival too and it was all I could think of!

Were you together long?

7 months, but i really liked him.
    Just feeling meh. Im getting older and will i ever find somebody

Were you together long?

7 months, but i really liked him.
    Just feeling meh. Im getting older and will i ever find somebody
    You won't with that attitude. Just let the dust lie for a bit and maybe try talk to him in a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I'm definitely not having an afternoon beer to cool down :)

Back to the office tomorrow - just 3 weeks of work left!

I just want next week to be over already.
    Ive a 60 hour working week, im moving house wednesday, and have to spend the morning in hospital Thursday :mad:

You won't with that attitude. Just let the dust lie for a bit and maybe try talk to him in a few weeks.

Yea your right, just feel crappy at moment

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Susie_Q wrote: »
    No no, I think you and Krudler need to mud wrestle to sort this out. In speedos. Then post photos. :D

hows this any different from my regular Tuesday nights?

Albection wrote: »
    I think we should leave that I think one thing and you think another.

Though, for the record, I never stated that Hicks was bad. Just that I don't consider him to be as great as he's said to be, despite the comedians he's influenced etc., he just doesn't do an awful lot for me.

Also, I really don't like this:

My opinion on something as subjective as humour is just as valid as yours so a "just no" is not something I'm particularly enthralled by.

fair enough,sorry for being dismissive, thats what drunk posting will do to me :pac:

on another note, being hungover is a perfectly valid reason for eating cake for breakfast yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

krudler wrote: »
    fair enough,sorry for being dismissive, thats what drunk posting will do to me :pac:

on another note, being hungover is a perfectly valid reason for eating cake for breakfast yes?

of course it is......i had koka noodles yesterday morning so cake is good :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Had officially the laziest weekend ever! Figured out how to get American Netflix and have been watching and rating movies just to see how smart Netflix was in suggesting films for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

There's a birthday party going on two doors up, their little girl is about 4, I'd say. She has friends over and I can hear them playing in their garden, all giggly and excited and happy. It's lovely to hear.

Also, whatever they're cooking smells amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Awhhh just found out my friend had her baby boy this morning! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Banana and blueberry pancakes for breakfast, chocolate biscuit cake and raspberry cake for later, I like Sundays! Had an amazing dinner in Vina Mara in Galway last night, om nom nom I love food, fillet steak and molten chocolate cake, mmm.

How I'm not fatter amazes me.

Yea your right, just feel crappy at moment
    Are any of your friends around today? Maybe head out somewhere and try take your mind off it for a bit?

Sssooo Chrisdillen.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Just ignore the spam comments :pac:

coco_lola wrote: »
    Had officially the laziest weekend ever! Figured out how to get American Netflix and have been watching and rating movies just to see how smart Netflix was in suggesting films for me :D

US netflix? watch Archer, its the funniest show I've seen in years

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Acoshla wrote: »
    Banana and blueberry pancakes for breakfast
    Nom nom- I love blueberry pancakes!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

someone take the bon bons off me

• Advertisement

someone take the bon bons off me
    Only if you take the toffee popcorn off me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement