Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I met Stewart Lee. He was lovely. Amazing show, he's just about the most clever comedian out there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Currently watching Sleeping Beauty on youtube... :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

The other day me and my mam were going into town and when we came home the front door was open and neither of us had opened it, but we presumed my brother may have left it open when going to school, but he said he didn't. Nothing was took, so I can't figure out a reason why it would have been open. The lock was still on it too so I'm not even sure how it was done, it's just really freaky. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Maybe your brother just won't admit that he might have left it open?! :pac:

I read the book of 'Oliver and Company' years ago- so I've read Disney! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

I think we're over....

• Advertisement

sarahbro wrote: »
    I think we're over....
    What? Who? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Avox wrote: »
    The other day me and my mam were going into town and when we came home the front door was open and neither of us had opened it, but we presumed my brother may have left it open when going to school, but he said he didn't. Nothing was took, so I can't figure out a reason why it would have been open. The lock was still on it too so I'm not even sure how it was done, it's just really freaky. :(
    The same happened me about 6 weeks ago. I was alone in the house, and all the doors were closed, including the ones inside as I am paranoid a fire will break out sometime and it will spread, so due to my paranoia, I know the doors were all closed. I went upstairs after desperate housewives. I left the back door unlocked for my brother as he was out and would be coming home. About 45 minutes later I headed back downstairs, and there was an awful breeze. I went into the kitchen, and the door leading into the utility room was wide open, as was the back door. I called my brother to see if he was home, and he wasn't.

The only thing we can come up with was, someone was trying to break in, but realised there was actually someone home/awake, before leaving. There was nothing taken or broken, just both doors open and i am 100% they were both closed before I went upstairs.

Needless to say, the alarm is on now anytime Im home alone.

Posy wrote: »
    Maybe your brother just won't admit that he might have left it open?! :pac:

I don't think even he's that stubborn! :P
    Polloloca wrote: »
    The same happened me about 6 weeks ago. I was alone in the house, and all the doors were closed, including the ones inside as I am paranoid a fire will break out sometime and it will spread, so due to my paranoia, I know the doors were all closed. I went upstairs after desperate housewives. I left the back door unlocked for my brother as he was out and would be coming home. About 45 minutes later I headed back downstairs, and there was an awful breeze. I went into the kitchen, and the door leading into the utility room was wide open, as was the back door. I called my brother to see if he was home, and he wasn't.

The only thing we can come up with was, someone was trying to break in, but realised there was actually someone home/awake, before leaving. There was nothing taken or broken, just both doors open and i am 100% they were both closed before I went upstairs.

Needless to say, the alarm is on now anytime Im home alone.

Yeah, the thing is it was our front door which you can't open from the outside without a key though. The lock on it was sticking out too, which meant it had been locked but somehow opened! We just couldn't figure it out!

Things like that creep me out! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Currently aiming to have the ultimate Disney DVD collection, really loved Aristocats, The Brave Little Toaster and The Prince of Egypt.

Prince of Egypt isn't Disney :o I apologise for any pain this causes you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

EmilyO wrote: »
    *cockney accent*

Maaaaary Poppins!

I sometimes randomly get the Sister Suffragette song stuck in my head :o I used to absolutely love that movie as a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

im very drunk so bare with me. this weekend has been all sorts of great. Met great boardsies yesterday... watched football with the lads and pre paid pizza arrived to my house and have no idea who ordered it for us... and im going to a gala with a lass tomorrow.

If I get a wee cuddle and just one wee kiss on her cheek and tell her she's pretty and really really nice i'll be very happy.

oh and smithwicks pale ale is bloody amazing. free plug so I hope I get paid for that smithwicks peoples.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I love emotional drunk people :) Happy, soppy emotional that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Novella wrote: »
    I love emotional drunk people :) Happy, soppy emotional that is!

aye but the great quest to find that lass to lavish nice praises on still goes on. Onwards trusty steed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Posy wrote: »
    I think we're over....
    What? Who? :(
    His mother ruined our engagement weekend and due to her brother's daughters communion today I had to put up with her wine induced SIHT again!
    We've had a god almighty row over it all - he's gone to sleep in the spare room and I've a bag packed!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

His mother ruined our engagement weekend and due to her brother's daughters communion today I had to put up with her wine induced SIHT again!
    We've had a god almighty row over it all - he's gone to sleep in the spare room and I've a bag packed!! :(

Oh god, sarah. Sleep on it. Don't do anything rash when you're so upset. Try get some sleep and see how things stand in the morning. Hugs for you. x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Ah sarahbro. Things will look better in the morning. This time of night has a funny way of escalating rows.

Anyhoo since someone said Disney its time for my Disney story.... About 5 years ago I was working at an Elton John concert, doing barwork and catering and so on. It was very much part time agency work so I didn't really know any of the other people who I was working with. There was me and six other girls in a room polishing glasses when Elton launched into circle of life. We ended up standing in a circle, holding hands and singing it. I'll never forget the managers face when he caught us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Sarahbro, try to get some sleep, things will look better in the morning. xx

I don't have a Disney story, but I stripped a stripper tonight (strangely proud of it!), does that count for anything other than proving I need to stop drinking? :pac:

Hope things look better in the morning. xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Who was the boardsie (female) who wrote a brilliant blog about her trip to Jordan? I have a feeling she was a lounger. If anyone remembers (or if she reads this) let me know! Thinking I'd love to pop over to see Petra in the winter.
    Daisies wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it was Fouxdafafa.The link to her blog is in her sig.
    *blushes profusely*

Suzie, if you have any questions, you can PM me or contact me at the blog email address. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Links234 wrote: »
    I met Stewart Lee. He was lovely. Amazing show, he's just about the most clever comedian out there. :D

Find him completely overrated tbh, "I'm so edgy and if you dont get me you're stupid" errr, no, trying to be the British Bill Hicks just without an ounce of the wit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

krudler wrote: »
    Find him completely overrated tbh, "I'm so edgy and if you dont get me you're stupid" errr, no, trying to be the British Bill Hicks just without an ounce of the wit.

Love the irony of saying one comedian is overrated by comparing him to the most overrated comedian ever. :pac:

Personally, I find him to be very good. But I can really see why people wouldn't like his style.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Albection wrote: »
    Love the irony of saying one comedian is overrated by comparing him to the most overrated comedian ever. :pac:
    Get out! GET OUT!!!

I thought we were friends.

*cries*

It's so late and I haven't even attempted sleeping yet..

I have no idea why I do this to myself! :P

Avox wrote: »
    It's so late and I haven't even attempted sleeping yet..

I have no idea why I do this to myself! :P

I'm pretty much the same.

I think I just don't like sleeping at night. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Personally, I find him to be very good. But I can really see why people wouldn't like his style.

eh, just no, Hicks is one of the most important American comedians of all time, alongside Lenny Bruce, George Carlin and Richard Pryor.

eh, just no, Hicks is one of the most important American comedians of all time, alongside Lenny Bruce, George Carlin and Richard Pryor.

I think we should leave that I think one thing and you think another.

Though, for the record, I never stated that Hicks was bad. Just that I don't consider him to be as great as he's said to be, despite the comedians he's influenced etc., he just doesn't do an awful lot for me.

Also, I really don't like this:
    eh, just no

My opinion on something as subjective as humour is just as valid as yours so a "just no" is not something I'm particularly enthralled by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I think we should leave that I think one thing and you think another.

No no, I think you and Krudler need to mud wrestle to sort this out. In speedos. Then post photos. :D

Susie_Q wrote: »
    No no, I think you and Krudler need to mud wrestle to sort this out. In speedos. Then post photos. :D

Ok, I can imagine what my contribution to those photos will look like.

I'm just not comfortable forcing that many people to rip out their eyes in abject horror.

So..... no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I think bill hicks is totally over rated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement