Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

What, you forgot it sank? :p

Can't believe I let that get past me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Got dumped Tuesday, tried to get him to take me back today, didn't work.So in on my own refused to watch Titanic though.

Ouch, sorry to hear that :(

It'll get easier.
    hopefully!!
    Went for retail therapy today

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hope you've had a great birthday, XxMCRxBabyxX! :)

EmilyO wrote: »
    Ah I love Disney movies!
    I've never actually seen one. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Happy birthday MCR!

I haz wine and easter eggs :D

• Advertisement

Got dumped Tuesday, tried to get him to take me back today, didn't work.So
    in on my own refused to watch Titanic though.
    hopefully!!

Really sorry to hear that Snoopy... The Ladies here are great to get you through tough times, keep posting, keep busy, and mind yourself :)

Posy wrote: »

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

...why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

hopefully!!

Excellent idea :D

Does anybody know if there are any painkillers available over-the-counter for someone allergic to paracetamol and ibuprofen and someone who is asthmatic? My bf went to the chemist today, albeit a small chemist, and the woman said that there is nothing. He's going to go to Boots tomorrow and hopefully have more luck but just wondering if anybody knows of anything?

I have prescription painkillers but I really can't afford the price of doctor-prescription-painkillers again this week, I've been every week for the past 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Any?? Ever?? :eek:

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »

...why not?
    tomissex wrote: »

Any?? Ever?? :eek:

But... But... The Lion King!!

For shame Posy. For shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I learned how to work the VCR when I was 2 and a half so I could rewind the Lion King and watch Simba, Timon and Pumba again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Excellent idea :D

Does anybody know if there are any painkillers available over-the-counter for someone allergic to paracetamol and ibuprofen and someone who is asthmatic? My bf went to the chemist today, albeit a small chemist, and the woman said that there is nothing. He's going to go to Boots tomorrow and hopefully have more luck but just wondering if anybody knows of anything?

I have prescription painkillers but I really can't afford the price of doctor-prescription-painkillers again this week, I've been every week for the past 3 weeks.

You could try phoning the doctor, see if they'd renew the prescription without you seeing them?

Be careful getting advice about painkillers on the internet, people (however nice) can be shockingly stupid about stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I don't understand.

How... how is it possible never to have seen a Disney film? :eek::eek::confused:

I just never seen one.. we didn't have a VCR or many tv channels when I was a child.. and I've no cousins, no siblings and therefore no nieces or nephews. :(
    I wil rectify it when my friend's little girl gets old enough to watch movies. :)

Albection wrote: »
    You could try phoning the doctor, see if they'd renew the prescription without you seeing them?

Be careful getting advice about painkillers on the internet, people (however nice) can be shockingly stupid about stuff like that.

Ah they've done that for me twice already, I just want something that I can get a bit more conveniently. Like the last time I rang in for a prescription was the Friday of the bank holiday, the receptionist didn't think it was that urgent and left it until the following working day, which was Tuesday to fax over a copy of the prescription to the chemist, so I had to ring the chemist and beg them for the prescription because I needed the painkillers for the weekend. I just want something that I can just go into a chemist and purchase.

Ah I know that, anything that is suggested will be checked out first but just wanted to know if there was anyone else in a similar situation that might have suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I just never seen one.. we didn't have a VCR or many tv channels when I was a child.. and I've no cousins, no siblings and therefore no nieces or nephews. :(
    I wil rectify it when my friend's little girl gets old enough to watch movies. :)

I grew up in 2 channel land, no siblings. We did have a VCR though :)

Mind you, I've probably seen more Disney films as an adult than I ever did as a kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Or...now? Go watch them! Allofem!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I've all the Disney movies on a hard drive, they are great to watch especially when you are feeling down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Thanks :o I think the reason I'm so upset is I've done so much for her but she won't even do this for me so she can spend her Summer drinking? I just don't get it :/

I reckon she's just copped on to how much work is involved in looking after the dog and has thought this up as an excuse...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Ah they've done that for me twice already, I just want something that I can get a bit more conveniently. Like the last time I rang in for a prescription was the Friday of the bank holiday, the receptionist didn't think it was that urgent and left it until the following working day, which was Tuesday to fax over a copy of the prescription to the chemist, so I had to ring the chemist and beg them for the prescription because I needed the painkillers for the weekend. I just want something that I can just go into a chemist and purchase.

Ah I know that, anything that is suggested will be checked out first but just wanted to know if there was anyone else in a similar situation that might have suggestions.

PM sent.

Ooooh... I see penalties on my TV- how exciting. :)

I grew up in the land of 1.5 channels (Network 2 - bet you haven't heard it called that in a while! - was snowy) and we didn't have a VCR until I was in my teens and even I've seen all the Disney movies :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

bluewolf wrote: »
    no recipe :D
    just slice the chicken into strips, throw in the asian mix veg frozen stir fry stuff, dash in half a lemon and a scatter of honey and um throw in the rest of the spices
    :D

How about cutting up the chicken, coat it in the spices, cover and leave for a few hours to marinate. Then do all the rest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Ooooh... I see penalties on my TV- how exciting. :)

There are serious roars coming from my brothers and their 20 friends in the sitting room, and even louder roars from my dad in the kitchen.

So I'm guessing something fairly important is going on there!

I grew up in the land of 1.5 channels (Network 2 - bet you haven't heard it called that in a while! - was snowy) and we didn't have a VCR until I was in my teens and even I've seen all the Disney movies :eek:
    Heehee... I was always too busy with my head in a book to watch Disney movies. :o
    I did watch Eastenders as a very small child though, I was obviously a bit strange. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

It's a blue day WOOHOO :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Beauty and the Beast.........oh wow!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I've just remembered that we had one of those tvs with the twisty nobs to change between the 2 channels and change the volume, but then they fell off so there was always a pliers somewhere near the tv.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement