Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Its sunny, on a Sunday, and I don't have to wear work uniform, so can wear a dress! :)

Heading off for a walk with my friend for chats, after having hot chocolate with one of the college boys earlier, and eventually will start studying. Our disney chats last night inspired me to talk to the Dublin boy about disney films and now we're having a disney movie night on Tuesday :) squee :)
    Hope you have a lovely Sunday. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

dfx- wrote: »
    Proper order:cool:

I'm just abiding by blasphemy laws :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Thank you all for the popcorn comments. Have just eaten two packets of biscuits (don't know what's worse - eating your emotions, or knowing you're doing it and not being able to stop yourself) and have just made microwave popcorn, loaded it with butter and am slobbing out in front of Bride & Prejudice!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY TAMED ONE COW.

My new friends name is 0012, he's good bant.

Avox wrote: »
    I love this thread. :)

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    I love this thread. :)

:o

It lets me rub it now, success! :D Soon I shall make it a pet and create a cow circus and become a billionaire over night. It's a great business plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Avox wrote: »

My new friends name is 0012, he's good bant.

(Now would be a bad time to point out that cows are girls I'm guessing...)

Blush_01 wrote: »
    (Now would be a bad time to point out that cows are girls I'm guessing...)

It could possibly be a bullock but I'm not too keen to check! :P

Don't bulls have horns? And, afaik, they're kept in separate fields to the ladies :P Cows freak me out though. They stare at you, unblinkingly, until your soul crumbles to dust

[/city girl through and through]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

One more exam to go.

I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. <Mod snip 50 bajillion repetitions for mobile viewers ;) >

• Advertisement

Don't bulls have horns? And, afaik, they're kept in separate fields to the ladies :P Cows freak me out though. They stare at you, unblinkingly, until your soul crumbles to dust

[/city girl through and through]

Not bullocks! :P They're still only babies so they can all live together for now so I'm not sure if any are boys or girls! Bullocks basically get emasculated in every way possible! :P

One more exam to go.

I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. <Mod snip 50 bajillion repetitions for mobile viewers ;) >

:(

<Hangs head in defeat.>

I could do it. :(

:(

<Hangs head in defeat.>

I could do it. :(

:pac: Sorry. It was just too big :P

I've only one exam left as well. Exam season has stretched over 3 weeks this year, it's driving me crazy. I just want to be finished already :(

I've only one exam left as well. Exam season has stretched over 3 weeks this year, it's driving me crazy. I just want to be finished already :(

You can do it! (x 5000) :D

Mine was mainly packed into a week, but a traumatic week it was.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

orly

bluewolf wrote: »
    orly
    *Giggles*

orly

No, my screen is too small :o I just felt inadequate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I love that Bluewolf is really bookish and smart but also happens to be one of the filthiest women on here. It's brilliant and I highly approve!

Susie_Q wrote: »
    I love that Bluewolf is really bookish and smart but also happens to be one of the filthiest women on here. It's brilliant and I highly approve!

It's the type of books she does be reading *suggestive eyebrow wiggle* :pac:

It's the type of books she does be reading *suggestive eyebrow wiggle* :pac:

Fifty Shades Of Bluewolf :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

My mothers best friend lives in the UK and has asked me to visit her dying brother. He is only 32. All his family is in the UK and he has nobody except his girlfriend (who hasn't even got him a pair of pjs). I have pjs ect here for him but am sitting outside the hospital too frightened to go in. I hate seeing sick people, people that are going to die, but I promised her I would see him because she can't.

I don't know what to do. Lie?

Polloloca wrote: »
    My mothers best friend lives in the UK and has asked me to visit her dying brother. He is only 32. All his family is in the UK and he has nobody except his girlfriend (who hasn't even got him a pair of pjs). I have pjs ect here for him but am sitting outside the hospital too frightened to go in. I hate seeing sick people, people that are going to die, but I promised her I would see him because she can't.

I don't know what to do. Lie?

Why couldn't the woman come home to see her dying brother? I don't mean to sound rude, but if I was in that situation I would come home rather than sending a stranger to do it for me. If you can't go in, then don't, it's not even your responsibility to, just tell her that something came up in work or some other excuse if you can't face it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

He's in hospital since Friday night, he's been terminally ill since sometime last year and speaking to her earlier, she's preparing herself to be home for the funeral. You're right - I will leave his stuff with the nurses and just tell her I couldn't stay.

:pac:
    I wasn't madly impressed by the first one, but I was promised the second was better, and so it was! I am going to get the third one

every time you post my brain yells CAPITAL F CAPITAL F AGHHH

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

:pac:
    I wasn't madly impressed by the first one, but I was promised the second was better, and so it was! I am going to get the third one

Is it? Hmm, I might give them another go. I used to love Trudi Canavan but I reread Ambassador's Mission and The Rogue last week and they were a lot worse than I remembered. :(
    every time you post my brain yells CAPITAL F CAPITAL F AGHHH

lol

U mad bro? *trollface*

• Advertisement

Susie_Q wrote: »
    oh i'll save literotica for later :D

i had a right laugh looking through the bookdepository scifi/fantasy section - serious amount of trashy vampire novels involving "passion" or "release" or somethin :D
    Is it? Hmm, I might give them another go. I used to love Trudi Canavan but I reread Ambassador's Mission and The Rogue last week and they were a lot worse than I remembered. :(
    Oh, she's awful. typical fantasy chicklit. you want really good female fantasy authors, katharine kerr, kate elliott, robin hobb

Yeah, the second book is definitely better

U mad bro? *trollface*
    Hey, I'm still trying to cope with Maple :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement