Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

There are serious roars coming from my brothers and their 20 friends in the sitting room, and even louder roars from my dad in the kitchen.

So I'm guessing something fairly important is going on there!
    I didn't watch the match but I looked at the penalties. I love penalties- they're so exciting! :D
    Network 2 - bet you haven't heard it called that in a while!
    I still call it that! :(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Novella wrote: »
    Guy who I need a name for just for the purposes of this thread made me dinner tonight and we watched The Commitments. It's one of his favourite movies but I'd never seen it. I liked it. Now I'm home and I'm not tired at all. >_<

How about 'Lips' for Joey 'the lips'... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

krudler wrote: »
    Disneys masterpiece imo, love that movie the animation is still stunning in places.

I have caaaaaaaaake!

The animation is amazing in it! Especially for the time it came out!

It is defo one of my favourite Disney movies now!

You have cake?? Can i have some?? Unless its chocolate, strawberry or coconut!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Posy wrote: »
    I just never seen one.. we didn't have a VCR or many tv channels when I was a child.. and I've no cousins, no siblings and therefore no nieces or nephews. :(
    I wil rectify it when my friend's little girl gets old enough to watch movies. :)

why do you need kids around to watch animated movies? some of my favourite films are animated. Toy Story, The Lion King, Beauty And The Beast, Up, The Iron Giant, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, all fantastic films.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Got dumped Tuesday, tried to get him to take me back today, didn't work.So
    in on my own refused to watch Titanic though.

Hugs Snoopy, hope you're okay. Retail therapy is always good x

I absolutely love Beauty and the Beast. I must start collecting the DVD's for Ella to watch when she's a little older. She already loves the Toy Story movies (on VCR) and Finding Nemo. Curled up on the sofa now watching the Shakespearean episode of QI with my OH. I love weekends. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

cdaly_ wrote: »
    How about 'Lips' for Joey 'the lips'... :)

That is perfect! :pac: From now on, he is called Lips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Beauty and the beast is my favourite :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

The animation is amazing in it! Especially for the time it came out!

It is defo one of my favourite Disney movies now!

You have cake?? Can i have some?? Unless its chocolate, strawberry or coconut!! :D

Beauty and the Beast is amazing, from the animation to the music to its wonderful heart. The animation is brilliant especially at the part where the beast transforms and when they first explore the castle. Apparently the beast-like sculptures around the castle are actually earlier incarnations of the beast himself :D

I'm watching Alice and Wonderland, but I think I might switch to Sleeping Beauty because the music in AIL isn't as good. Still very nostalgic though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

EmilyO wrote: »
    I'm watching Alice and Wonderland, but I think I might switch to Sleeping Beauty because the music in AIL isn't as good. Still very nostalgic though!

:eek:
    "Painting the roses red, We're painting the roses red, We dare not stop, Or waste a drop, So let the paint be spread"
    One of my favourite Disney songs :D

tomissex wrote: »
    :eek:
    "Painting the roses red, We're painting the roses red, We dare not stop, Or waste a drop, So let the paint be spread"
    One of my favourite Disney songs :D

Aw I'm sorry! I think I'm just partial to the princess movies :D (apart from the Lion King of course!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I love all Disney movies... Lion King comes in first though, followed by Cinderella, Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Bambi! And who could forget Beauty and the Beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I love Alice in Wonderland too, but my favourite Disney movies have always been The Jungle Book and Aladdin. I really wanted to go live in the jungle when I was a kid, and have a pet tiger like Jasmine :o

I love Alice in Wonderland too, but my favourite Disney movies have always been The Jungle Book and Aladdin. I really wanted to go live in the jungle when I was a kid, and have a pet tiger like Jasmine :o

Oh God I forgot about the Jungle Book! There's so many!!

And Song of the South, a lesser known one I think :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My primary school play was The Jungle Book when I was in 4th class so I still remember most of the songs from it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Posy wrote: »
    My primary school play was The Jungle Book when I was in 4th class so I still remember most of the songs from it. :)
    Mine was the wizard of oz and I was the lion. Have it on DVD and still know all the words 20 years later :D

Can't be forgetting Cinderella either, or (wait for it)...Bambi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

EmilyO wrote: »
    Can't be forgetting Cinderella either, or (wait for it)...Bambi!

Or Peter Pan! Or The Aristocats!

*cockney accent*

Maaaaary Poppins!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

^ I love Bambi. :)

And sneezing is absolute bliss.

Friends has ruined Bambi for me, reminds me of this scene every time:

Phoebe: Oh y’know what’s sadder than this? Bambi. I cried for three days with that movie. No wait two! Because on the third day my mother killed herself so I was partly crying for that.

Chandler: (totally not crying) Well see now that I can see crying over, but Bambi is a cartoon!

Joey: (crying) You didn’t cry when Bambi’s mother died?

Chandler: Yes it was very sad when the guy stopped drawing the deer!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

chelsea winning the champions league makes me :(,in fairness though bayern threw it away *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

I may be drunk but i love you all.
    This thread has restored my faith in humanity and boards!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sarahbro wrote: »
    I may be drunk but i love you all.
    This thread has restored my faith in humanity and boards!!

love you too!

Randomly just started a blog there now. No idea why, but we'll see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Trying to do more meal planning for this week, since last weeks was kinda last-minute.

Have three meals decided on already, can't decide on any other meals :(

Does anyone here know what date fathers day is this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

All the posts on Disney movies made me think of this:

One of my favourite scenes from a film ever and the music, oh the music! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Bah, I really wish the boy wasn't gone home this weekend :( *

(yes, wes I am whingey and clingy when I have my period.... :P *)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

tomissex wrote: »
    Or Peter Pan! Or The Aristocats!

I was about to be the lone voice with you Posy on not seeing Disney films, but I did see Peter Pan - sorry!:D

I haven't seen the Lion King though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Does anyone here know what date fathers day is this year?

20th June I think. It's always the weekend of my brother's birthday. Pain in the bum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Currently aiming to have the ultimate Disney DVD collection, really loved Aristocats, The Brave Little Toaster and The Prince of Egypt.

For years I used to think All Dogs Go To Heaven was by Disney and same goes for An American Tail, they are two I used to play over and over on the old VHS player :rolleyes:

Just found out there's another Die Hard Movie coming out and the prequel to The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. Next year will be a good movie year but they'll have to be something because nothing is living up to The Avengers.

Saw the new American Pie movie and was a tad disappointing with it, the funniest scene was the opening one and it just didn't have the same energy as the original three. I think there's like 8 American Pie movies now!

Can't sleep and now I'm ranting :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement