Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

oh i couldnt do that at all

i had takeaway twice in the last month or so and that's more than enough ;s my friend and i will be switching back to cooking next time we have one of our nights in

if i wasn't bothered cooking i'd just stick on some eggs and toast or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

bluewolf wrote: »
    do you have a tesco that'll deliver

tesco online shopping is the handiest thing in the world ever
    Yup, but they charge between €5-€7 for delivery, but if I walk to Aldi, I can get a taxi home for about €5 and will be able to choose my own fresh veg/fruit etc.

Tesco's isn't too far from Aldi (I found a short cut to it :D) so can pop in there on the way to Aldi if I spot any good offers. :)

I'm heading to Aldi this week with the bf, we'll do our shopping and get a taxi home and split the cost, so a taxi will be €2.50, not bad really. We're lucky as he lives about 3min drive from my house, and has to pass my house on the way to his, so it makes sense for us to share a taxi and just drop me and my shopping off on the way home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

if i wasn't bothered cooking i'd just stick on some eggs and toast or something

Beans on toast ftw! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Acoshla wrote: »
    Dammit DK wish I'd known about that place in Salthill yesterday, was out there and needed feeding! :) Must remember that. Had a look at Creole's menu, what time do they open? There was no Hours info there at all.

Our eating habits are gone to crap lately, with me working late we just can't get dinner made so ate takeaway most of last week :rolleyes::o

We rolled in before 7 so maybe it's half 6? There was no mention of a lunch menu anywhere. I can PM you their number if you like.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    We rolled in before 7 so maybe it's half 6? There was no mention of a lunch menu anywhere. I can PM you their number if you like.

No I have the number thanks, I figured they were just a dinner place but I found it odd they didn't even mention it. I'm kicking myself now that I didn't know that new cafe was there, the menu was exactly what I wanted!

• Advertisement

In other news, my husband ended up 1,123rd in the world in Fantasy Football. He's smug as you like. LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just got back from my first meeting with the lovely Caroline in Motivation. There's so much I need to change about my eatting habits that it feels very confusing. I'm currently up 2lbs since our last meeting, which is not good but I've got a ****TON of free protein supplement sample bars, drinks and granolas to keep my appitite wetted so hopefully, this will be the start of a new me.
    Just had my first protein supplement of the day- a sickly orange drink. Not the most apitizing drink in the world but I forced it down. I need to go get some food measuring cups and an electronic food scale- for the first couple of weeks I need to weight out my food potions and, awkwardly, it's all in American/Canadian standard measurements so again, more confusion.
    Luckily, the ladies at the clinic are so nice and helpfully at the end of the phone so I just need to call them up to ask for advice.
    So far, the actual diet plan looks fairly straightforward- all boiled eggs and steamed veggies. I won't lie- a lot of it is a big adjustment but I'm determined that this time next year I'll be at least 5 stone lighter.

I try as best I can to plan meals,but when I'm out in college late with work or just too tired/lazy to cook when I get home,it often means plans go out the window and the Chinese across the road gets my custom.:pac:

Hopefully I'll be better at planning now that I'm moving home for the summer (and beyond!). In fact,I need to plan all the more since I'm desperate for snacking when I'm around the house all day.
    I used to be terrible for ordering take aways when I wasn't bothered to cook. Absolutely awful.

I started making myself feel guilty for it lol so now I don't have take aways as much. I had a Chinese last week and while it was lovely, I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have say two months ago. I prefer home made, healthy meals now.

I snack a lot, far too much. So now I wait until I am starving before having any snacks/foods, so I enjoy my food more and am not just shovelling it into me to keep my stomach happy.

I had a Dr. Oetker pizza recently and it wasn't nice at all. It was my first shop bought pizza I had eaten in months, I'd guess the last time I had a shop bought pizza was last summer.

I much prefer home made pizza, ingredients are about €10, but you can make so many pizza's from it.

I use this recipe and would get about 8 medium pizza's (about 5-6 small slices in each pizza) from it, that feeds me, mam, my bf and my granny and there's normally a small bit of dough for one or two small pizza's left over.

Having a delicious hot lemon and honey drink right now. It's delicious.

McChubbin wrote: »
    Just got back from my first meeting with the lovely Caroline in Motivation. There's so much I need to change about my eatting habits that it feels very confusing. I'm currently up 2lbs since our last meeting, which is not good but I've got a ****TON of free protein supplement sample bars, drinks and granolas to keep my appitite wetted so hopefully, this will be the start of a new me.
    Just had my first protein supplement of the day- a sickly orange drink. Not the most apitizing drink in the world but I forced it down. I need to go get some food measuring cups and an electronic food scale- for the first couple of weeks I need to weight out my food potions and, awkwardly, it's all in American/Canadian standard measurements so again, more confusion.
    Luckily, the ladies at the clinic are so nice and helpfully at the end of the phone so I just need to call them up to ask for advice.
    So far, the actual diet plan looks fairly straightforward- all boiled eggs and steamed veggies. I won't lie- a lot of it is a big adjustment but I'm determined that this time next year I'll be at least 5 stone lighter.
    Fair play to you, good luck with the weight loss, it won't be easy, but when you reach your goal it will be so worth it.

Best of luck, I hope it goes well for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

I have had a crazy couple of weeks and had very little time to go online so am totaly out of touch with all the news in TLL. I hope everyone is doing ok :)

I started my computer course two weeks ago and am loving it. The tutor is really nice and my daughter is loving her new afterschools. She does loads of activities there and always sighs when I arrive to bring her home. :)

I dont have words to express how I feel about my ex-husband at the moment. As most of you are aware we were due to go to court and get legally seperated on friday may 4th as we had reached an agreement, which he had organised and that everyone seemed happy with. On the wednesday morning before we were due to go to court my solicitor called me to say he had backed out of the agreement without explanation. An email was sent that morning to say everything was off. I was distraught and my solicitor was furious so everything is back to square one again :mad:

I had my surgery last friday and am doing ok, still very sore but Mr.Boyfriend is taking great care of me. I should be going back to my course on Thursday so am going to enjoy the next few days break.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

good luck

i can recommend chocolate flavour protein powder drinks if you're starving and need something healthy, since you're drinking strange protein drinks there...

or strawberry

strawberry flavour powder mixed in with natural yogurt and a handful of nuts as a dessert... *drool*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

I love meal planning! Getting to sit down and think of nice stuff to eat? Yes please.
    Just had the dog microchipped. Lets see you escape now, houdini-puppy! (not really though, who would sleep in my lap if he wasn't here?)

Cut my hand on broken glass, perfectly good excuse to eat Caramel Sutra Ben & Jerry's :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Cut my hand on broken glass, perfectly good excuse to eat Caramel Sutra Ben & Jerry's :o

Caramel Sutra is sexy. You NEVER need an excuse to be/eat sexy.

Lucyfur wrote: »

Pretty sure I'm not sexy anyway, burnt scabby hand, now with added blood from glass, wet scraggy hair, no makeup and inch long scratch down my forehead, boyfriend's jumper, and unflattering jeans. Ooh I'm a catch, need more icecream! :p

In other news, my husband ended up 1,123rd in the world in Fantasy Football. He's smug as you like. LOL

I told him he was going to be irresistible to the ladies now and he replied:
    By my reckoning I finished in the top 0.0405% of players. I can safely say that a smaller percentage of women would be in any way impressed by that!

Well it works for me. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

College is stressing me out. I especially hate group projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm terrible at meal planning...and budgeting for food for that matter.

I am having chicken, pasta and pesto today and hopefully enough for lunch tomorrow. Likewise tomorrow night and Wednesday lunch as I don't want to waste the second chicken fillet.

I hate cooking.

Mars Bar wrote: »

I am having chicken, pasta and pesto today and hopefully enough for lunch tomorrow. Likewise tomorrow night and Wednesday lunch as I don't want to waste the second chicken fillet.

I hate cooking.

Freeze chicken and thaw when you want it, instead of eating chicken for a few days?

We're going to steak night
    We're going to eat it right
    Steak is such a treat
    Cause it's the worlds best meat!
    *dances around*
    Whoo. Fillet steak for dinner!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Mars Bar wrote: »

I hate cooking.

2 chicken fillets across 4 meals. I'm sometimes lucky to get one meal out of two chicken fillets. :D

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Handed in my final ever college assignment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Lucyfur wrote: »

Pretty sure I'm not sexy anyway, burnt scabby hand, now with added blood from glass, wet scraggy hair, no makeup and inch long scratch down my forehead, boyfriend's jumper, and unflattering jeans. Ooh I'm a catch, need more icecream! :p
    I now crown you ooops a daisy, ya clutz :p

Going to go walk the dog and get in a bit of excercise. Hope it doesn't rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Freeze chicken and thaw when you want it, instead of eating chicken for a few days?

True!
    2 chicken fillets across 4 meals. I'm sometimes lucky to get one meal out of two chicken fillets. :D

Haha! That's a lot of chicken for one meal...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Same, two fillets is standard for me, might only use one if I'm dicing it up for curry or something, but if I'm grilling it then two, with veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Posy wrote: »
    Aw, Mollikins, that's sad about the poor koalas. :(
    I know. I keep seeing the Mammy and baby koala. Poor little fella looked like he was just asleep. :(
    Go.

You will never regret it. The only thing is you'll dream for years about going back.
    I’ll go someday. I promised my friend that I’d go to New York with her so I’ll have to go there first before I go to Iceland. I don’t know much about the country really but those pictures were simply breathtaking. I take it you’ve been? :)
    Albection wrote: »
    In 8 days. (Have an exam every day apart from the weekend). :(

Ouch! :( *offers all the tea and hugs in the world*
    How did todays one go? :)

Awh Bubblefett that’s heartbreaking. RIP Pidge. :(

Work went well today. The day flies by and I’m enjoying it so much it doesn’t even feel like work :). It’s just a pity it’s only temporary.

Also, one of the little boys in Senior Infants has a bit of a crush on me. It’s the cutest thing ever. :D

My brothers Euro 2012 tickets are due to be delivered either today or tomorrow. I haven’t the faintest idea when it comes to soccer but oddly enough I’m really excited about it all. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Went to the dentist - turns out Mr. Dentist is hot! Definitely made the visit less scary :) Had a checkup, cameras in my mouth, a x-ray and a consultation and the price was less than €5. I should point out this dentist surgery had better and more impressive technology than I've ever seen in any Irish surgery. Very pleased!

:eek: Wow, that's extremely cheap! Is the cost of living extremely low in India or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

do you have a tesco that'll deliver

tesco online shopping is the handiest thing in the world ever

I don't know what I did before Tesco home delivery! It's actually made me so much more organised with my eating habits because while I'm doing the shopping online I can look up recipes and get ideas :D

Well done for being so positive and determined, that's half the battle. Good luck with it.

You can't beat 2 chicken fillets with lime and pesto sauce and a heap of veggies.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,509 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement