Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

steak >>>> lamb

lamb is at the bottom of my preferences list :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Trying to sell my husbands' iPad at work. Got a mail this morning. "Is the iPad still available?"
    "Yes," I replied, "Are you interested?"
    "Nah, you're all right, thanks."

:confused: :pac:

5am the baby wanted to get up. Decided to let him cry it out after going in twice. 25 minutes later he was still whining at a steady pitch enough to keep you awake, but not enough to get you out of bed. My husband slept on the floor next to his cot then. *cries*

Manager has organised an offsite meeting for us all in a hotel. On Friday. After work. Great, thanks for cutting into our weekend, love.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

hey dk

is the ipad still available? :pac:

my head hurts andi want my bed!!

bluewolf wrote: »
    steak >>>> lamb

lamb is at the bottom of my preferences list :)

Some people detest lamb. I have a few friends who do because they had sheep growing up and the smell of the lamb reminds them of the smell of the sheep in the shed. (Some people are like that with goat's cheese too.)

We put beef/chicken as our options on our wedding meal. Chicken was miles more popular according to the hotel. We also told our guests that if they wanted fish, just ask the server for it, a few did and a few went for the veggie option who weren't veggies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Great to get all the opinions - I think I'm leaning towards the lamb now as enough people have said they like it, both here and parents, bridesmaid etc. I just didn't want the standard beef or salmon so should make a nice change. People will have a choice on every course so should be able to find something they like anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Manager has organised an offsite meeting for us all in a hotel. On Friday. After work. Great, thanks for cutting into our weekend, love.

Order pints... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

1lb down. I want to say "wah, not fair!" but meh, Im happy!

Polloloca wrote: »

cdf929d1.jpg

You've probably seen it before but that's what a pound of fat looks like, so congratulations :)

That's brilliant. I lost at a rate of a pound a week and it was manageable and made it come off evenly. It all adds up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Great to get all the opinions - I think I'm leaning towards the lamb now as enough people have said they like it, both here and parents, bridesmaid etc. I just didn't want the standard beef or salmon so should make a nice change. People will have a choice on every course so should be able to find something they like anyway!

Don't worry too much about pleasing everyone, or you'll crack up! As you said, everyone will find something they like, anyone who doesn't will be in the tiny minority. Once you and your fiance/husband enjoy it, that's the main thing :)

Finally getting around to doing some serious reading now the exams are over. The selection I've chosen from my parents' books (of which there are many) include a WWI romance, a Victorian mystery and a biography of Josef Stalin.

I likes history :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

It is freezing, I'm here in my tracksuits with a big fleecy dressing gown on over them, the heating on and a big mug of tea and I'm still cold. Gah!

Doing more meal planning, wish it was over and done with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

It is freezing, I'm here in my tracksuits with a big fleecy dressing gown on over them, the heating on and a big mug of tea and I'm still cold. Gah!

Doing more meal planning, wish it was over and done with.

I know I'm so cold, have my winter boots out! Refusing to turn on heating, I'm too cheap :D

How come the meal planning is taking so long? Does it not take just a few minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Some people detest lamb. I have a few friends who do because they had sheep growing up and the smell of the lamb reminds them of the smell of the sheep in the shed. (Some people are like that with goat's cheese too.)

We put beef/chicken as our options on our wedding meal. Chicken was miles more popular according to the hotel. We also told our guests that if they wanted fish, just ask the server for it, a few did and a few went for the veggie option who weren't veggies.

Yeah chicken is nearly always the most popular regardless of cost, as it's always going to be a free meal for the guests anyway. Some hotels would lower the price of the menu if chicken was put on it instead of lamb/beef too (my friend runs the kitchen in a local hotel popular with weddings and it's certainly what she does anyway.. :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Heading to my second round job interview.......eeeek!

SarahBeep! wrote: »

Good luck :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Skype interview went well (I hope) this morning. Now sitting with a coffee and trying to sort out my life!:D

Might go do a bit of food shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My holiday was amazing. :D

Novella wrote: »
    My holiday was amazing. :D

Oh where did you go? Make us jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I was in Lanzarote for a week. It was so warm! Stayed in a really nice place right beside the beach and yeah, it was great. :)

Novella wrote: »

I was in Lanzarote for a week. It was so warm! Stayed in a really nice place right beside the beach and yeah, it was great. :)

Oh it worked, am very jealous. Sounds lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

A randomer* just asked me for some of my can of 7up at the bus stop....wtf?

*druggie scumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Acoshla wrote: »
    I know I'm so cold, have my winter boots out! Refusing to turn on heating, I'm too cheap :D

How come the meal planning is taking so long? Does it not take just a few minutes?
    Lol we have to have our heating on otherwise we'd have no hot water. :(

Normally we have two radiators on but the one in the room where I am is currently in the store as mam had to take it down so the wall behind it can be painted.

Yeah it should take a few minutes, but I cannot decide what meals to have for this week :(

Currently I have the following on my list

For breakfast - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1507664/cinnamon-porridge-with-banana-and-berries

Also have yoghurts with granola on the list, no recipe for that though.

And for lunches/dinners

Sesame pork - http://66.147.244.205/~easyfood/recipe-utils/index_recipes.php?showRecipe=448

Mushroom, beef and celery stir fry - http://66.147.244.205/~easyfood/recipe-utils/index_recipes.php?showRecipe=411

Ginger pork stir fry - http://www.easyhealth.ie/ginger-pork-stir-fry/

Zingy chicken stir fry - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/8260/zingy-chicken-stirfry

Creamy mustard pork - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1563/creamy-mustard-pork

Harissa chicken - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1395636/harissa-chicken-with-chickpea-salad - if I can find Harissa that is.

Will be making home made soups etc too and have some fish in the freezer that has to be used up.

And for sweet treats - seen as though I've given up chocolate/jellies/crisps etc.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1508646/chocolate-and-berry-mousse-pots

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/644643/lime-possets-with-raspberries
    Best of luck, hope it goes well for you.

My best friend is pregnant. So happy I cried haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

My best friend is pregnant. So happy I cried haha

Is this the drama queen friend? Maybe this will calm her down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Yeah it should take a few minutes, but I cannot decide what meals to have for this week :(

When I'm trying to plan meals I usually start by checking out Aldi's super six offer where they have six fruit and veg for really cheap. So looking at this week's selection I'd plan things like broccoli and courgette quiche, maybe a stew with the potatoes, carrots & parsnips, etc. Helps keep the costs down a bit! :) And I think Tesco has a similar offer too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

People wreck my head. I made a facebook study group for my friends where we organised group stud sessions and if anyone had any questions about anything I'd do my best to help, I put up lots of my own notes and stuff as well and links to all the reading lists etc. You'd think people would be grateful for this, but no, not at all.

One of 'em posted asking a fairly specific question which I answered in detail. He then replied with "ah ok almostnever, that makes sense. What Irish cases show that? What time is our exam tomorrow?" Now, there is absolutely no way that it made sense unless he knew the Irish cases, so basically he wanted me to hold his hand through explaining the most basic aspects of the topic instead of a) reading his own notes b) reading the notes on the topic I uploaded or c) READING THE SAMPLE ESSAY I UPLOADED THAT ANSWERED THE SPECIFIC QUESTION. :mad: Also, he seems to be completely unfamiliar with the concept of an exam timetable. It's this wondrous schedule that tells you what exams are on in what places, and at what time. Oh, and did I mention that there's a direct link to the timetable on the study page? :rolleyes: Absolutely ridiculous. When I set it up I thought it'd be a good place for us to discuss things, where EVERYONE would contribute to some extent but it just turned into me holding hands through things that are easy to access and sometimes even common knowledge. Just going to study on my own and not go on facebook for the rest of the day, anyone who honestly can't acquaint themselves with a timetable or the comprehensive notes RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM is on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Meeting up with friends in town tonight for food and drinks.Can't wait!Normally we meet up every Tuesday just to hang out,but I found out that they made an effort this time to do something special because I'm finished college and moving home.

I teared up a little.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just started on my diet today. Had one slice of toast, a poached egg and 2 grilled pieces of lean bacon with the fat trimmed off for breakfast at 11am.
    Time for a protein bar to get my blood sugar up!

• Advertisement

God no it's not the drama queen, it's another girl but no doubt drama queen will go trying for one now as it's a mutual friend.

Pregnant friend told me today drama queen friend is bitching about me because I'm being "mean".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement