Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

2 chicken fillets is 1 - 1.5 dinners ;s
    and a mountain of stirfry veg :cool::cool:

home for 10 mins to choke down some dinner then off to cello
    then learn words for singing and think about doing german homework

am i insane for wanting to do the german intensive course this summer? yes, yes i am :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

awec wrote: »
    Very very low.

I knew general prices etc would be extremely low, but didn't think a practise like a Dental Surgery would be so cheap for even a country like India!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Stomach feels so sick, had food and it still hasn't settled, been crap since this morning, and worse now - body is really saying I've had enough, time to finish. :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Got annoyed with study so i changed out of jammies and went on a walk

feeling better so its all good! :)

speaking of stir fry i made a lovely turkey one with stirfry veg nyom nyom nyom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Well the rain is literally bucketing down here. And the sun is shining, so a sun shower.

Waiting to go and cook my dinner, rib eye steak, veggies, spuds. Hope the mammy is finished cooking hers soon, I'm starving. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Haha! That's a lot of chicken for one meal...

I take that back. It's not half enough chicken for one meal.

I'm hungrier now than I was before dinner. :(

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm hungrier now than I was before dinner. :(
    I hate when that happens.

I've got the hiccups now ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I hate when that happens.

One of the emergency spaghetti hoops tins will be out later.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

McChubbin wrote: »
    Just got back from my first meeting with the lovely Caroline in Motivation. There's so much I need to change about my eatting habits that it feels very confusing. I'm currently up 2lbs since our last meeting, which is not good but I've got a ****TON of free protein supplement sample bars, drinks and granolas to keep my appitite wetted so hopefully, this will be the start of a new me.
    Just had my first protein supplement of the day- a sickly orange drink. Not the most apitizing drink in the world but I forced it down. I need to go get some food measuring cups and an electronic food scale- for the first couple of weeks I need to weight out my food potions and, awkwardly, it's all in American/Canadian standard measurements so again, more confusion.
    Luckily, the ladies at the clinic are so nice and helpfully at the end of the phone so I just need to call them up to ask for advice.
    So far, the actual diet plan looks fairly straightforward- all boiled eggs and steamed veggies. I won't lie- a lot of it is a big adjustment but I'm determined that this time next year I'll be at least 5 stone lighter.

Best of luck!! One of my best friends did that and she lost lots of weight and looks great PLUS she is so much more happier in herself. It was tough for her but she did it. I'm sure you can too!! :)
    Lia_lia wrote: »
    College is stressing me out. I especially hate group projects.

:cool: Cannot wait for the group research project next year which goes towards my final mark, NAWT!
    Avox wrote: »
    I knew general prices etc would be extremely low, but didn't think a practise like a Dental Surgery would be so cheap for even a country like India!

I got a wisdom tooth out in Australia, $300. I got another wisdom tooth out in Cambodia, $17.50!! :eek:

I'm so tired all the time lately. Any suggestions for good energising food??

Larianne wrote: »
    I'm so tired all the time lately. Any suggestions for good energising food??

Bananas! Always good for me releasing energy!

And tomatoes...but i love tomatoes they give me this weird sugar high! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

ugh, ran into more creepy tranny chasers last night :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm in a delightful mood, funny how one little text can totally transform how you feel :)

Went to Dublin today and despite only studying for a few hours it was very productive and I'm feeling confident about this last exam on Wednesday now. Makes a nice change from my recent exam attitude! We're all going to the cinema and to Milano's for lunch after it, hardcore students that we are :pac:

For now though it's chicken and a few of my favourite Sex and the City episodes before an early night. I feel wonderfully optimistic about everything right now, hope it lasts and I don't end up being disappointed in every material way!

I'm in a delightful mood, funny how one little text can totally transform how you feel :)

Went to Dublin today and despite only studying for a few hours it was very productive and I'm feeling confident about this last exam on Wednesday now. Makes a nice change from my recent exam attitude! We're all going to the cinema and to Milano's for lunch after it, hardcore students that we are :pac:

For now though it's chicken and a few of my favourite Sex and the City episodes before an early night. I feel wonderfully optimistic about everything right now, hope it lasts and I don't end up being disappointed in every material way!

I LOVE texts like that! :D:o

Was the text from X???!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I LOVE texts like that! :D:o

Was the text from X???!!! :D

There's nothing better! :D It was indeed, funny that a text in which he told me he probably won't be free for a while had such an effect :pac: I think it's just because when it took him so long to reply I knew he was super busy and the fact that he even replied showed he was thinking of me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Exams done! Degree done! :D

ohmygod :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Himself has been off sick from work since Thursday with bronchitis so I've been minding him.
    Came home from work, absolutely shattered to a lovely dinner, water on, pjs on the radiators, kisses and him still laughing at me being giggly and giddy coming home drunk on Saturday :)
    I'm so lucky :) He makes me feel like i'm the prettiest girl in the world! :D X

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

What more could you want than a man who brings home peanut butter kitkats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

What about this?

purdy dress pic

From Dorothy Perkins.

Oooh that dress is lovely! I'm pretty short though, unfortunately long dresses swamp me :( A short dress can be more easily worn again, and I want to be able to wear it out too. But thanks for reminding me of DP, I never thought to look there.
    Lola92 wrote: »
    It's because I got afternoon nookie :P

The best kind ;)

Best of luck with the baba Neyite, hope all goes perfectly!
    almostnever, I hope you get to see X soon! Go for it, there's nothing worse than wondering 'What if'!

I had an unexpected extra night with my boyfriend last night, which was awesome! I've made him promise to take me to see Snow White and the Hunstman when it comes out, it looks amazing :D
    Hot chocolate coma.....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Mollikins wrote: »
    Ouch! :( *offers all the tea and hugs in the world*
    How did todays one go? :)

Thanking you. :)

Meh, not well, but maybe not badly either.
    There was negative marking for wrong answers though so it's become officially impossible to predict.

Going to concentrate on the ones to come and forget that I even did the other ones. It seems like the best course of action.
    Larianne wrote: »
    :cool: Cannot wait for the group research project next year which goes towards my final mark, NAWT!

:eek: Oh ffs, that's actually abusive. :mad:

I wish you could promise me that no-one would be able to take credit for your work because you'll stab them to death with a rusty spoon for not doing their fair share.

Had the most scrumptious dinner now having a delicious Latté :D

Is is odd that I'm excited about food shopping this week? It is odd, isn't it? :o:D

• Advertisement

There's nothing better! :D It was indeed, funny that a text in which he told me he probably won't be free for a while had such an effect :pac: I think it's just because when it took him so long to reply I knew he was super busy and the fact that he even replied showed he was thinking of me :o

Awhhh!! Hope it goes well for ya AN!! :)
    Exams done! Degree done! :D

ohmygod :eek:

Congrats!!! Im am extremely jealous! :D
    Albection wrote: »

There was negative marking for wrong answers though so it's become officially impossible to predict.

Going to concentrate on the ones to come and forget that I even did the other ones. It seems like the best course of action.

Im sure it went well for you!

Best off focusing on the ones ahead of you not behind...you will drive yourself demented!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

First exam today, and not one of the topics I knew well came up :( I'd studied a good chunk of topics too.. I was still able to answer the required 3 questions, but I have no idea how I actually did, if that makes sense? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Negative marking is the work of the devil! :mad:

That’s a great attitude to have. Thinking over how you did after the exam is always tempting but it’s best not to go there if you can because it will only interfere with how you prepare for your next exam. I’m sure you did great today. :)

Hope the study is going well Pixie-Fairy! Have you anything nice lined up to treat yourself with once you’re finished? :)

Almostnever, I feel so nervous and excited for you. Really hope things go well when you talk to X. We’ll all be waiting on tenterhooks! :o

I’m in a lovely relaxed mood. Had a nice shower, cup of tea and some chocolate and I’m tucked up in bed about to watch an episode of Awake. :) Jason Isaacs is hawt. :o

So annoyed the shows contract hasn’t been renewed though. :mad:

Negative marking should be banned. Ridiculous concept, I've always thought.

Study is killing me :(

Mollikins......i have a lovely bottle of vodka waiting for me at 4.01 friday! :D
    i might buy myself shoes or something haha

That amazing moment when you want chocolate after not having any for a few days, and remember you bought an M&S chocolate cookie earlier and haven't eaten it yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Ze bunny wabbit is still alive....he has lots more meds though which are going to be very fun giving to him, he doesn't understand we're only trying to help. Back in to the vets next week, hopefully his other eye won't go blind too...

But he's still my little pirate baby for now :D
    (worst nickname ever, eh?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I love me some Britney Spears! Just pics of her as the new X Factor judge and the fan girl inside me is squealing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*cringey*:pac:

• Advertisement

I had a kitten named Welly once...we found her sitting in a welly in the garden

So its not the worst hahaha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement