Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

When I was 4 we 'adopted' two black cats, which I christened Rosie and Jim; my favourite programme at the time!

Their kittens were duly named Simba, Mufasa and Nala, after my favourite film that week :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

*cringey*:pac:

In my defence, I've had him since I was 5! :o
    I had a kitten named Welly once...we found her sitting in a welly in the garden

So its not the worst hahaha

Ah the worst I ever heard was the little black doggy my granny got as a child - he peed all over the floor so her mammy called him WeeWee, and of course the name stuck. :pac:

Although when she bought him first he was called by a certain racist name for black people - you just gotta love the thirties eh? :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In my defence, I've had him since I was 5! :o

Ah the worst I ever heard was the little black doggy my granny got as a child - he peed all over the floor so her mammy called him WeeWee, and of course the name stuck. :pac:

Although when she bought him first he was called by a certain racist name for black people - you just gotta love the thirties eh? :eek:

wow thats a long time :eek: I take back what I said,he can be ninja baby pirate so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

My neighbours got 2 cats years ago wen i was still in primary school...

A cute little black one a lovely white ginger and brown one
    The black one was a boy and the white one was his wife

They are Blacky Connors and Kathleen :o

Kathleen is still with us and her numerous babies the other one disappeared off the face of the planet.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Curled up on the recliner absolutely frozen :( Thinking of heading to bed, and watching a DVD or something online

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

So I was just going through a load of my PMs there (inbox was full and had to delete them all) and I just want to say that you girls (and guys) are really quite the legends!

I know that I don't post here much and I tend to just moan and be miserable when I do but I'll always lurk and I always appreciate how lovely you girls are to me when I need it and to everyone else.

We really have a proper little caring community here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Ryvita and ca boiled egg for breakfast. *frown* Seems like a tiny portion... Also: I want a potato. Knowing I have to give up my precious spuds fills me with dread.
    Ahh, potatoes... boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew... *eyes glaze over*
    tumblr_m04tl8mhU21qcywad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Weigh in tomorrow morning, and job interview tomorrow afternoon. I hope I've lost weight this week, I've been so good. Still have about 20 weekend points left and didn't go over my points the whole week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I've been awake since 6. And am pulling all nighter for this exam because I am screwed (all in capitals style). This is going to be interesting.... if my heart doesn't stop from all of the caffeine...

Polloloca wrote: »
    Weigh in tomorrow morning, and job interview tomorrow afternoon. I hope I've lost weight this week, I've been so good. Still have about 20 weekend points left and didn't go over my points the whole week.
    Tried Weightwatchers and Slimming World and I can honestly say they don't work. It is all too tempting to basically starve yourself for the sake of racking up points to splurge on. Not good, nope-nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Polloloca best of luck for your weigh in!

McChubbin it's surprising how filling eggs are - they're great for breakfast as they keep you going for a few hours. Good luck with your new healthy eating - the first week is always the toughest

Ladies (and gents) can I ask you something - we are trying to pick out options for our wedding menu. For the main course there will be a choice of 2. One is sea bass. For the other we are split between roast lack of lamb or sirloin steak. My fiancé would like to go for the lamb as its a little different but I think the beef or fish cliche is there for a reason - it appeals to most people. So if you were at a wedding and your options were sea bass or roast rack of wicklow lamb with potato and chorizo gratin, wilted spinach leaves, rosemary and black olive jus, would you be disappointed? Would you think it was strange?? Any help is mucho appreciated!!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd be drooling at the thought of that rack of lamb, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

+1 to the lamb, yummy! :)

I'd go with the lamb, personally. When is your wedding, angeldelight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I know I am a dork but I really want this.. 41NNhAcW99L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

None of the guys will ever steal my internet cables again :D

On a sad note, I think I am allergic to the new earrings I bought, my ears are all itchy and tender :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

McChubbin it's surprising how filling eggs are - they're great for breakfast as they keep you going for a few hours. Good luck with your new healthy eating - the first week is always the toughest

Ladies (and gents) can I ask you something - we are trying to pick out options for our wedding menu. For the main course there will be a choice of 2. One is sea bass. For the other we are split between roast lack of lamb or sirloin steak. My fiancé would like to go for the lamb as its a little different but I think the beef or fish cliche is there for a reason - it appeals to most people. So if you were at a wedding and your options were sea bass or roast rack of wicklow lamb with potato and chorizo gratin, wilted spinach leaves, rosemary and black olive jus, would you be disappointed? Would you think it was strange?? Any help is mucho appreciated!!

I think the lamb, it has a bit more wow factor. But I don't really like sea bass, so I'd make lamb and steak the two options :D

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

So if you were at a wedding and your options were sea bass or roast rack of wicklow lamb with potato and chorizo gratin, wilted spinach leaves, rosemary and black olive jus, would you be disappointed? Would you think it was strange?? Any help is mucho appreciated!!

I'd normally take the chicken/turkey option but if it wasn't there, from those choices I'd take the rack of lamb over the beef!

McChubbin wrote: »
    Tried Weightwatchers and Slimming World and I can honestly say they don't work. It is all too tempting to basically starve yourself for the sake of racking up points to splurge on. Not good, nope-nope.

I have never tried slimming world, but I did weightwatchers 2 years ago for 5 months and lost 1stone 12 lbs. I stopped going because my life got so chaotic, but still followed the basic rules, I guess, portion size and drinking a lot of water, and went about 4 months later for 2 weeks. I had gained 1.5lbs and lost half a pound, and didn't go back. 63 weeks later, I joined again, and had gained back 6lbs of what I lost originally. I had been on 2 holidays, drinking every weekend, christmas and started taking the pill, and managed to keep 1 stone 5lbs off.

I love weightwatchers. It isn't for everybody, Im sure, but for me it works. I think when you're preparing your own meals and actually counting whats in each food, it makes you so much more aware of what you are putting into your body. I know it's going to take a while for me to be where I want to be, but Im working towards it and I know I will get there, because it isn't a race, and Im happy enough to lose it slowly and keep it off, learning to adjust my attitude to food, rather than lose it super quickly, and gain it all back.

Best of luck with your motivation diet!! :D I am so curious to see if you find it good/sucessful.

Personally, I don't eat either meat. But if I had to choose, I would go for the beef because when I did eat lamb, the smell of "sheep" off it used to put me right off. If that were my options I wouldn't be disappointed, as the rest of the food (with potato and chorizo gratin, wilted spinach leaves, rosemary and black olive jus) sounds amazing - I'd just ask for it without the meat! :D

McChubbin wrote: »
    I'd go with the lamb, personally. When is your wedding, angeldelight?

1st September :)

Thank you so much for all the replies. I was trying not to be swayed by personal preferences as lamb is my favourite meat so I wanted to get a few more opinions. Thanks ladies, think the lamb might win out! Threer will be a hidden veggie option too for any vegetarians or non meat eaters at the wedding so hopefully most people will be catered for

• Advertisement

jujibee wrote: »

On a sad note, I think I am allergic to the new earrings I bought, my ears are all itchy and tender :(

Oh I hate that. I have a bad habit of wearing them anyway and just putting up with the dodgy ears if I really like them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Lamb all the way.

I'd love rack of lamb, but it is so expensive, around €15 for it in my local butchers :(

Last time I cooked it on Paddy's day, I want an excuse to have it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I cant sleeeeeep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I cant sleeeeeep

Either can I :confused:

Sitting on the sofa with the fella snoring away :rolleyes: Keep telling him to just go into bed but I get "hmm yeah, ina minute..... zzZZZ". :pac:

Anyway, watching Drive ins, Diners and Dives on Food Network and beginning to get hungry :rolleyes: Typical! Helping out a friend set up a website and getting a bit of work done in the process with my own.

I've just spent almost 2 hours reading stupid conspiricy theories on madeline mc cann, and now I know I wont be able to sleep, for thinking about dogs being able to smell death and, basically all sorts of nonsense is running through my head.

Why do I do this to myself?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

3:30am
    The large yellow crescent moon is rising just above the horizon.
    It never fails to amaze me how utterly beautiful a sight that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Shreddies for breakfast! Hell Yeah :D

Created myself a reading log to track my books :)

Cooking lunch for the fella and his father today, must get some cleaning up done, house is a mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Had what could only be described as a mental weekend!!!

Finished exams last Friday, went on the tear with the class which dragged into Saturday on the tear followed by Sat night......
    Was the state of a small hospital on Sunday. Am a mad City fan so met with my brothers and Dad to watch the City match!!!

UNBELIEVABLE JEFF.........:D
    My dads been supporting City since the early '50's so there were a lot of tears
    The voices are only coming back today:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Sounds good KittyeeTrix, and ahh how did City get on?....
    .Just kidding!

Boss came up and asked me would I do over time on Saturday, "I can't" say I, "I've plans made" (Like Kitty above, football match related that I wouldn't miss for anything). "Oh right" says he, "so I'll send a taxi out to your house and collect you on Saturday will I?" To which I replied "You can, but there won't be anyone home to answer!"
    Cheeky git.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I think the lamb, it has a bit more wow factor. But I don't really like sea bass, so I'd make lamb and steak the two options :D
    Avox wrote: »
    I'd normally take the chicken/turkey option but if it wasn't there, from those choices I'd take the rack of lamb over the beef!

I always order steak/lamb/beef etc because chicken and seabass are the cheapest things for kitchens to buy in and I can easily cook them at home myself so I always go for something special :) I can't ever justify ordering the chicken option for €15-17 for a main, chicken fillets are so cheap! Our choices for main are steak, salmon and chicken, it was steak or seabass on the original package menu but seabass being the "chicken" of the sea option and my family being big foodies who dealt in seafood for years we asked for salmon instead, the hotel offered to give the third option of chicken too, course they did, when people order chicken they get the biggest profit off that :)

I'd go for the lamb every time angeldelight, yum!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement