Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Dead baby bird in mr next doors garden today :( It clearly tried to fly and wasn't ready.

I moved it off the patio and put it under some bushes, poor little thing :(

I shall impart a tale of horrific woe.

When I was about 11, we adopted a baby sparrow. His name was Luigi and we fed him worms, he was beautiful. So he began to learn to fly and would practise around our sitting room. Then one day he was having a nice little stretch of his baby-bird wings and he flew straight into the fire.

I watched my Luigi burn alive.

That was 21 years ago and I'm still welling up here. The image is burned onto my retinas.

And people wondered why I was such a morbid kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Oh Das that's terrible :(:(

I'll never forget cracking a duck egg and just seeing it run red. That was AWFUL. :(

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Oh Das that's terrible :(:(

I'll never forget cracking a duck egg and just seeing it run red. That was AWFUL. :(

Ew.

That reminds me of a boiled egg I got at work once. *weeps*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Das Kitty wrote: »

When I was about 11, we adopted a baby sparrow. His name was Luigi and we fed him worms, he was beautiful. So he began to learn to fly and would practise around our sitting room. Then one day he was having a nice little stretch of his baby-bird wings and he flew straight into the fire.

That was 21 years ago and I'm still welling up here. The image is burned onto my retinas.

thats a horrible thing to have witnessed :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Wow, for a kid that must have been very traumatic.

• Advertisement

thats a horrible thing to have witnessed :'(

My Dad made up a song about it to make myself and my little brother cry on cue for his amusement.

It's one of those things I remind myself of when I start to lose my determination to stay estranged from him.

My Dad made up a song about it to make myself and my little brother cry on cue for his amusement.

It's one of those things I remind myself of when I start to lose my determination to stay estranged from him.

:eek:

What the fuck is wrong with your dad?

Albection wrote: »
    :eek:

What the fuck is wrong with your dad?

There's a list of technical terms in his medical file. But strip all that stuff away and he's still just a cunt. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Argh!

I washed my hair earlier, then put a mask in it, was meant to wash it out after 10mins, of course my mother decided to wash dishes while I was away from the sink, she used all the hot water and now there's none left. It's not even luke warm.

The conditioner has been in my hair for around two hours.

It's most likely dried into my hair at this stage, so I'll have to re-wash my hair and use more conditioner in it.

I also wanted to go for a bath, but now I can't. It'll be 1am before the water is heated up enough, and no fcuking way am I getting a bath at 1am and spend the night sweating bed afterwards. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I had a pet bird too. Her name was Marigold - a really strikingly yellow budgie. She was quite friendly.

She was a very poor flier and would slam right into closed windows, fall to the floor and flap her wings indignantly and amusingly at said windows.

She died on Halloween Night in 2001. I like to think she comes back to haunt me (but I'm reasonably certain that doesn't happen).

Sorry for your losses, Das Kitty and SarahBeep. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

This last few posts in this thread are going to make me cry I think.

My own bunny wabbit is half blind right now and we spotted today that his other eye is going a little bit too, so I have to bring him into the vets tomorrow. He is my special baby, many snuggles were had today. :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Belated happy birthday wished to OakeyDokey, Das Kitty and Lola92!

Hope the baby won’t keep you waiting Neyite. Best of luck hun. :)

Had the college awards night on Friday. Great night. Was lovely seeing everyone all dressed up and it was great craic! I’m sure there are embarrassing pictures of me attempting to dance up on Facebook somewhere but I was having too much fun to care! :D

Stayed at my friends house afterwards and we stayed up ages talking. I wanted to stay out all night and do the ‘Darkness into Light’ walk but our feet wouldn’t let us after all that dancing! :o Definitely doing it next year though. Did some shopping in town on Saturday, visited my Uncles and cuddled and chatted with his gorgeous doggies and went home and did loaaaads of tidying. Lazed about doing sweet feck all, all day today which is exactly what Sundays are for. :)

Must head to bed soon. Have work in the school as an SNA again tomorrow. I’m a bit of a novelty to all the children atm so I definitely need my sleep so I can be on my toes and ready for them! :p

Right now I’m wearing cosy new socks and reading the May edition of the National Geographic. It’s the little things. :)

Also, Albection, I love your brand of crazy. :p Hope your exams go well. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

These pet stories are so sad! :( They are reminding me of my own pets...

When i was younger we had the coolest Jack Russell. He was really playful. We had him years. He ran away one night and we didnt know where he went.

My dad found him a few days later at the side of the road in a ditch! He assumed he was run over. When we went to get him to bury him we looked at him. He was very stiff and had a big growling face. We think he was poisoned by something! If he was run over he wouldnt have been like that! :(

He was one of my favourite pets and it was about 2 years later before we got another one. He is still with us as well as my sisters pup!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Das, poor Luigi!

When I was 11, my parents surprised me by getting a little white furball of a dog. I think it's the closest I've come to having a heart attack, I was so happy. I love animals and used to have pet ladybirds and operated a worm-saving team with one of my friends. (We'd save worms that faced imminent death by lying in driveways).

About two weeks after we got the dog (my beloved Smartie) my parents decided it wasn't working out and gave him to a family friend in Cork.

They're not bad people or bad parents but, my God, that was awful.

Mollikins wrote: »
    Hope your exams go well. :)

Thank you! :D

Exams, I recognise how powerful you are, but you must recognise my power too.
    Prepare to be awed by my funktastic powers!

/turns on techno music, gyrates hips and waves arms

Also, Albection, I love your brand of crazy. :p

Just as a sidenote, if you check back to posts where I suggested someone stab me, I did specifically state that I wasn't crazy. Wasn't. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Das Kitty, that's a terrible story- poor Luigi. :(

What an asshole. :mad:

KamiKazeKitten, I hope the vet has some good news for you tomorrow. *Hugs*

Foux, I can't believe your parents gave away your dog- the big meanies. :(

I was thinking of my grandmother today. She was some woman. So much tragedy and so much strength.

I think I'm going to write some snippets of her life into some really short stories. She would have been 99 in November. I think I'll see if some of my cousins and aunts will collaborate with info so I can knit something that gets a proper feel for her and not just be going on my own impressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Thank you! :D

You're welcome. :)
    When are you finished?
    Just as a sidenote, if you check back to posts where I suggested someone stab me, I did specifically state that I wasn't crazy. Wasn't. :)

Hey I never said being crazy was a bad thing! :p

All these animal stories are so sad. :(

There is a piece in the National Geographic about koalas. I was busy awwing at them being fostered and taken care of by families and I turned the page and there were like a dozen of them laid out on a plastic sheet dead. The next part of the article was about how numbers are dwindling again because they are losing their homes and living in more urban areas and are being attacked by dogs and run over by cars but it felt so cruel to jump from cute pictures of them being taken care of like babies to a double page spread of a dozen of them dead. There was even a dead Mammy koala with her arm/paw around her poor little baby. :(

Stunning pictures of Iceland though. I could look at them all night. I really want to go there now. :)

That's just what a crazy person would say. ;)

Aw, Mollikins, that's sad about the poor koalas. :(

• Advertisement

Stunning pictures of Iceland though. I could look at them all night. I really want to go there now. :)

Go.

You will never regret it. The only thing is you'll dream for years about going back.

You're welcome. :)
    When are you finished?

In 8 days. (Have an exam every day apart from the weekend). :(
    Posy wrote: »
    That's just what a crazy person would say. ;)

Nuh-uh. Would a crazy person be able to dance like me?

/funks out

Exactly. :cool:
    Therefore, sane.

Nuh-uh. Would a crazy person be able to dance like me?

/funks out

Exactly. :cool:
    Therefore, sane.
    Ted, I stand corrected.

Posy wrote: »
    Ted, I stand corrected.

It's ok. We all make mistakes.

Except me.

And this banana.

170715_20080814213126_banaan.jpg

Ok, time for bed. :(

Goodnight!! Crazy Sweet dreams! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

I really think I was an owl in a previous life with my sleeping patterns! :D

Avox wrote: »
    I really think I was an owl in a previous life with my sleeping patterns! :D
    Me too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I'm officially going back to Edinburgh for the month of August! Whoop, whoop! With these guys. It's all made up on the spot. Some people just have those reflexes. When I tried it, things went bad fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Ah FouxDaFaFa, i'm so jealous. Spent the best summer of my life in Edinburgh at the festival.
    V sad though for all the pet stories-especially poor luigi. We had a little birdie graveyard at home for all the little birds who died flying into our patio doors. We really should have had a safety smudge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement