Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

I think it may be mathematically impossible for me to pass. :/

I'm still going to try obviously because I know they interview those of us that don't and that would be really hard to explain. But still, :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Pixie-Fairy, where are you getting those Father Ted t-shirts from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Albection wrote: »
    I think it may be mathematically impossible for me to pass. :/

I'm still going to try obviously because I know they interview those of us that don't and that would be really hard to explain. But still, :(.

Keep the faith Albection! Try keep a positive mental attitude about it! i know its easier said than done but you'd be surprised with how much it works!
    im stressing like crazy over these exams and its getting to the stage that im finding it impossible to actually try keep positive!

what is the subject for it??

also *hugs* :)
    McChubbin wrote: »

http://www.tedstees.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Ugh :mad: some people!!!! Just came across a thread completly rippin through the people of North Tipp for voting for Lowry, & some people are just so ignorant. One person said they imagine Tipperary & it's people to all be like Killinaskully! Idiot!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

:eek: surprised they could even use a camera! Absolute cheek of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I'll be getting my Kindle at the weekend. :D Any recommendations for me to read?

Great chance to read up on the classics because the majority of them are FREE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I have made targets for myself for each "goal" i achieve. I have 8 goals and 8 presents for myself when I achieve them (I'm good to myself, me :D) They are
    A facial (I better achieve this next tuesday :) )
    New pair of shoes. Really really high ones. :D
    Skydive for charity.
    Body wraps
    Pole dancing classes :D:D
    Spa weekend away
    Contact an old friend (who will hopefully be calmed down enough by the time i get to this goal, :D)
    A proper holiday, somewhere warm.

Its terrible when you have to bribe yourself, isnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Jaysus, absolutely breaking my heart laughing at whoever said their son wanted to be a hammerhead shark or a speed bump. My boss came in and asked me what was so funny, I just shook my head and couldn't speak with laughter. She backed out of the room thinking I was having some sort of episode!

STILL LAUGHING.

PS Have just been asked to proofread a novel written by a 19 yr old Indian guy. I agreed, but in slight trepidation; what madness exists in the mind of a teenage boy? Not sure whether to expect sexy ladies or sea monsters!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Susie_Q wrote: »
    PS Have just been asked to proofread a novel written by a 19 yr old Indian guy. I agreed, but in slight trepidation; what madness exists in the mind of a teenage boy? Not sure whether to expect sexy ladies or sea monsters!

*cough*

:pac:

Wednesday! Sure it's nearly the weekend already!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Wednesday! Sure it's nearly the weekend already!

Even better, it's a 3 day week for me so the weekend starts tomorrow :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Even better, it's a 3 day week for me so the weekend starts tomorrow :cool:

Mine starts today. :cool:

After my exams....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm suppose to be going to New York tomorrow but might not be able to. Absolutely dying with tonsilitis. I'm very sad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I got boyfriend some on Hairy Baby, got him a great one with Ted's face and the "Doesn't Mary have a lovely bottom" line.
    I'm suppose to be going to New York tomorrow but might not be able to. Absolutely dying with tonsilitis. I'm very sad :(

Oh nos :(

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I have an interview at 12 :o I was hoping she'd say Friday, but she wanted to meet me today. Oh well, I'll spend the afternoon studying!

You gotta love small towns. I asked the boyfriend to go to the chemist and get me something, anything, for my thumb joint because it's overworked and stiff and sore and I have way too much work to do. He went into the chemist, explained what I said, and because I've done some work for the girl in there she gave him the good stuff, Nurofen Plus! Precious codeine :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

"I won't eat anything for dinner" says I. "I'll eat something at work" says I.
    "Ah shur I'll wait and get Subway when I finish work at 9am" says I.

Sar_Bear gets very hungry and grouchy, but also excited for Subway.

OH collects me from work, drops me to Subway around the corner from me.

IT'S F**KING CLOSED.

Angry Sar is angry.

Get home. "I'll have beans on toast so" says I grumpily.

I have no tin opener.

I fear I may murder someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

Had an weird moment with a boy at pilates class last night -definately going back to my usual class of Wedneday before he thinks I'm stalking him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

shoes34 wrote: »
    Had an weird moment with a boy at pilates class last night -definately going back to my usual class of Wedneday before he thinks I'm stalking him.

Did you give him his socks back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Builders all around i think! at last the landlord got someone to come and fix my back door.

Its super cold today! i may hav to buy coal and sticks again to heat up the house..

• Advertisement

I burnt my hand :( Index finger knuckle beside crocked thumb is now stinging like mad, humph :(

ElleEm wrote: »
    Did you give him his socks back?

I left them on his windscreen!

Also have a toothache - must go get painkillers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Like a bitch again today.

Roll on Saturday afternoon...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Acoshla wrote: »
    I burnt my hand :( Index finger knuckle beside crocked thumb is now stinging like mad, humph :(

Ouchie.

Trying to remember the name of that stuff bluewolf always says is good...

Watched the newest Mad Men last night and they played Within, Without You. So surreal to hear a Beatles track on the telly, and that one in particular makes me go wibbly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

shoes34 wrote: »
    I left them on his windscreen!

Oh God.

Haha, it sounds wierd alright!!!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Ouchie.

Watched the newest Mad Men last night and they played Within, Without You. So surreal to hear a Beatles track on the telly, and that one in particular makes me go wibbly.

I can't put anything on it - which is annoying because we have a great Burn Gel - because I'll wash it off two seconds later. I watched that episode last night too, I don't even recognise Beatles songs, never liked 'em :o:p

ElleEm wrote: »
    Oh God.

Haha, it sounds wierd alright!!!

I know probably shouldn't have but I didn't want them and at the time it was funny - he probably came out thinking weirdo! Ah we did have a chat and I think he was surprised to see me in the class but going to stick with my own routine of Wednesday class.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I need to study but I just. can't. make myself do it :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Ouchie.

hydrogel!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement