Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

shoes34 wrote: »
    I know probably shouldn't have but I didn't want them and at the time it was funny - he probably came out thinking weirdo! Ah we did have a chat and I think he was surprised to see me in the class but going to stick with my own routine of Wednesday class.

Aw boys!!!
    At least you know now!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    hydrogel!

I swear, it's Springfield's only choice!
    Throw up your hands and raise your voice!

Hydrogel!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

dfx- wrote: »
    The life of a tea hater is a hard one..I get re-asked the tea question in hotels or B&Bs such is the shock to the system.

We must struggle on, Lola92. :pac:

At last! A tea-hating comrade in arms!
    hydrogel!

The stuff is amazing. Acoshla would you be able to put some on and then try a pair of disposable gloves over just while it heals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Grr to administration people who ask you for info x,y,z and then when you have provided them with that, someone else from the same organisation says "Oh you gave us x,y,z you were actually supposed to give us w,x,y stupid".

I GAVE YOU WHAT YOU ASKED FOR NOW GIVE ME MY MONEY DAMMIT.

Also, **** off cystitis. I am not going on ANOTHER bloody course of antibiotics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Lola92 wrote: »
    The stuff is amazing. Acoshla would you be able to put some on and then try a pair of disposable gloves over just while it heals?

Nope, a latex glove would make the stinging worse and water would still get in etc etc :( It's crap but when I get burns I just have to suck it up.

• Advertisement

Grr to administration people who ask you for info x,y,z and then when you have provided them with that, someone else from the same organisation says "Oh you gave us x,y,z you were actually supposed to give us w,x,y stupid".

I GAVE YOU WHAT YOU ASKED FOR NOW GIVE ME MY MONEY DAMMIT.

Also, **** off cystitis. I am not going on ANOTHER bloody course of antibiotics.

Get the cranberry juice into you!

I have a medical assessment today to determine if I am sick enough to stay on illness benefit. I am but I don't wanna have to show off how sick I am to anyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Oh, and I've just realised that today is my wedding anniversary. Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

I have to say that I'm getting back running and loving it! My legs hurt and I'm SHATTERED but getting back into it is making me smile. And it's going to make my clothes smile in the few weeks!

ElleEm wrote: »
    Get the cranberry juice into you!

Cranberry juice is full of sugar, cranberry capsules are a good option, lots of water is better than cranberry juice..

Acoshla wrote: »
    Cranberry juice is full of sugar, cranberry capsules are a good option, lots of water is better than cranberry juice..

I thought the acidity from cranberry juice was supposed to neutralise the cystitus symptoms.

• Advertisement

Honey-ec wrote: »

Congrats! Can't believe you've just realised.
    I countdown our anniversary from the start of the month that it's in.... And we're not even married!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I swear, it's Springfield's only choice!
    Throw up your hands and raise your voice!

Hydrogel!

MONO- d'oh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Congrats! Can't believe you've just realised.
    I countdown our anniversary from the start of the month that it's in.... And we're not even married!!!

I think since she's seperated/divorced that it would be easier to forget.

I really wish my taste buds would hurry up and come back. If I do go to America tomorrow I wanna be able to eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I have been prescribed 90 days of cranberry capsules, I'm hoping that will do the trick. Also drinking loads of water. And all the other stuff you're supposed to do (I'm a veteran, but I hadn't had an episode for at least a year, thought I was free of it!)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Honey-ec wrote: »

:'(

Blah.

Hope you don't even realise next year.

All ze hugs for you.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    :'(

Blah.

Hope you don't even realise next year.

All ze hugs for you.

I hadn't copped it, til a mate asked if I'd heard from STBEH. I was like "No, why, was he on to you?", and then I remembered.

Feck her, I'd have been oblivious otherwise!

I think since she's seperated/divorced that it would be easier to forget.

I really wish my taste buds would hurry up and come back. If I do go to America tomorrow I wanna be able to eat.

Oh thanks for the head's up!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ì wonder if it would be crazy to do the intensive 6 week course in german in the summer again

ì wonder if it would be crazy to do the intensive 6 week course in german in the summer again

Natürlich.

it wasn't very intensive since we had some slow people who insisted on holding up the class
    but it was 6.15-9 3 times a week :pac:

• Advertisement

I thought the acidity from cranberry juice was supposed to neutralise the cystitus symptoms.

Yeah the cranberry is great but they are bitter little feckers so they add a lot of sugar to the juice, that's why the capsules are better.
    I have been prescribed 90 days of cranberry capsules, I'm hoping that will do the trick. Also drinking loads of water. And all the other stuff you're supposed to do (I'm a veteran, but I hadn't had an episode for at least a year, thought I was free of it!)

When I had it for months 2 years ago I had tried EVERYTHING, lived in fear of it coming back for the entire next year, it's awful!

My hand has a big blister in the middle of lots of irritated lumps, owie :( But my thumb doesn't hurt, clearly all pain receptors are busy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

I bought my L plates!!

Now I just need a car and a learner's permit! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

My hand has a big blister in the middle of lots of irritated lumps, owie :( But my thumb doesn't hurt, clearly all pain receptors are busy! :)

For just a second I thought you were still talking about the cystitis here. I went to the scary visual place. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Albection wrote: »
    For just a second I thought you were still talking about the cystitis here. I went to the scary visual place. :eek:

Same. What has been seen (in mental images) cannot be unseen :eek: :o

Ye need to focus better when reading if that's what ye read!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Still in a mood since last night and I don't know why. :(

is it normal for 250 euro heating oil to run out in 7-8 weeks? :confused: i think we have it on 2-3 hours a day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Ye need to focus better when reading if that's what ye read!

When I glanced at the sentence I saw "big blister in the middle of lots of irritated lumps" first.. that was plenty to link the two together!

Actually, it's funny, I sometimes read sentences backwards (kind of..) before reading the whole thing in order. Am I the only one?

(this may or may not bode well for the studying I'm doing/not doing..)

is it normal for 250 euro heating oil to run out in 7-8 weeks? :confused: i think we have it on 2-3 hours a day

Ours ran out in about that much time, had it on about 2.5 hours a day :(

• Advertisement

grand stuff
    i'd be happy without but we need it for the water
    i think down to 2 hours will be fine now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement