Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

bluewolf wrote: »
    grand stuff
    i'd be happy without but we need it for the water
    i think down to 2 hours will be fine now

Yeah we have it on for about an hour in the evening just to take the edge off and heat some water, then it comes on for half an hour some other random time because the little flicky thing for that half hour is broken and we can't turn it off. I will happily sit with a million jumpers and a duvet rather than pay more for heating!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Acoshla wrote: »
    Yeah we have it on for about an hour in the evening just to take the edge off and heat some water, then it comes on for half an hour some other random time because the little flicky thing for that half hour is broken and we can't turn it off. I will happily sit with a million jumpers and a duvet rather than pay more for heating!

yeah the only thing i wont live without is hot water lol

mum is awful she's always wanting a fire on and complaining she's cold bla bla
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Actually, it's funny, I sometimes read sentences backwards (kind of..) before reading the whole thing in order. Am I the only one?

Oh God I do that!
    I read threads on here upside down as well, starting at the bottom up on the last page. Or I start with the middle of a sentence...I learned a special kind of reading, clearly. :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

It is amazing how much you can get done when you're supposed to be studying.
    My house is spotless, the washing is all done, beds are all changed, yummy dinner is all prepared, college books are neatly stacked in the corner, animals are super happy from play tiamz...this is great:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

We might get a recessed stove eventually because they are SO great for heating, our house isn't overly cold but when the winters were snowy and stuff it was AWFUL. We don't really light fires because the chimney is crap and they never light or heat anywhere further than 5cm from the flames :rolleyes:

Boyfriend's parents house is always a balmy 24 degrees, lovely sometimes, makes you want to die other times, but the stove keeps the main room that temp all the time. We were all taking turns standing outside in the bitter March weather at a party once, twas like a sauna in there.

A lot of the time I prefer originals to covers but I prefer the Limp Bizkit version of Behind Blue Eyes to The Who's original one and I don't particularly like Limp Bizkit either. :rolleyes:

In other news, I need food and the kitchen is in a complete mess because we're having a stove put in the sitting room where the fireplace was. Dust everywhere! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    In other news, I need food and the kitchen is in a complete mess because we're having a stove put in the sitting room where the fireplace was. Dust everywhere! :eek:

I think that sounds like a very good excuse to go out for lunch :)

Interview went really well :D I've been asked in on Friday for a working interview, basically they want to see how I interact with the babies, because the position is in the baby room. Delighted, babies are my absolute favourite age group to work with! And it seems like a really, really lovely place to work in, I've gone from not being that bothered, to really, really wanting to work there. Fingers crossed now that Friday goes well and I'll get it.

Now, back to the study. One more exam to get through tomorrow morning. I just need to keep focusing on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Looking up accommodation in Dublin, literally can't wait to move there! :D

And my bf has fallen back asleep after I woke him up ages ago. Just f**king wonderful.

• Advertisement

And my bf has fallen back asleep after I woke him up ages ago. Just f**king wonderful.

It's 2pm!! Kick him in the goolies!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

if you're doing nothing all day and not exercising/motivated etc it can be easy to drift off into naps
    the cure for that is a very long brisk walk and a bit of routine

Lucyfur wrote: »
    It's 2pm!! Kick him in the goolies!!

I know.. I was in a bad enough mood as it is. Don't know why but I have half a mind to just leave him there and go for a walk.

I know.. I was in a bad enough mood as it is. Don't know why but I have half a mind to just leave him there and go for a walk.

Do it!!!

and if you want to throw a bucket of ice water over him just before you leave that would be a good plan too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Do it!

And buy ice cream!

Do it!!!

I'm too nice to do it... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Acoshla wrote: »

If you haven't already done so, upgrade all the insulation in the house. Money well spent...

bluewolf wrote: »
    and if you want to throw a bucket of ice water over him just before you leave that would be a good plan too

^^ Do this too...while saying....

''Couldn't wake you and you haven't showered, soooooo....and I'm off for a walk, have room tidy/dinner prepared when I get home''

Kiera wrote: »
    Do it!

And buy ice cream!

Oooh I like this idea. :D

I don't know how the hell he isn't awake. My dad is taking out the fireplace downstairs and there's a bloody lorry outside. I can't sit here so I'm just going to tell him I'm going for a walk and he can stay here if he wants.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I've answered all the questions in the loungelight thread, so get your thinking caps on loungers and ask some more :)

Now I really have to log off for the afternoon, to do some study.

I'm too nice to do it... :o

Jane, this is probably why he keeps doing it. It'll do him no harm to be either woken up or left on his own while you go walking.

x

Jane, this is probably why he keeps doing it. It'll do him no harm to be either woken up or left on his own while you go walking.

x

You're probably right tbh. :/

You're probably right tbh. :/

Less of the probably, young lady. I'm always right:cool:

awec wrote: »
    Afternoon all!

I think I need an afternoon doze. :(

Afternoon!

I'd love to paint the house but...

1. I have no paint

2. It really doesn't need to be painted

awec wrote: »
    Wake him up but for god sake don't kick him in the nuts! :pac:

You've clearly never had an elbow in the boob...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Just head off and leave him at it, he should be awake at this point!

I'm exhausted despite sleeping for nine hours. Went into work to buy a coffee cup and the boy in work has informed me I'm not allowed to die of stress over the next few days, he needs me around to take the piss with at the weekend. He also gives insanely nice hugs :)

Studystudystudy...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement