Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Blows Wrestling Parties: WrestleMania at Buskers On The Ball!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

If you haven't seen it yet, here's our ad for #CaptainsMania2!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,684 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Impressive. Great job.

Event page is online!

http://www.facebook.com/events/119904234858187/
    541366_234506196686966_2059609853_n.jpg

★★★ TICKETS ONLY €5; ON-SALE FRIDAY 22nd FEBRUARY★★★
    (Tickets will be available from WRESTLING MANIA, St Stephen’s Green & via Paypal [we'll post the link in the event when available]. We recommend you buy early to ensure a spot as the WWE Royal Rumble 2013 Party was a sellout and we expect this to be even bigger!)

It’s the big one: #CaptainsMania2, as Captain America’s, Grafton St fills up for the grand-daddy of ‘em all: WWE WrestleMania 29.

➡ Full PPV on big-screen
    ➡ Pre-show entertainment
    ➡ Late bar & Captain’s delicious food menu also available

Last year, we made history by hosting the first-ever official WWE WrestleMania Party in Ireland and have since gone onto be the only WWE night officially sponsored by WWE, featured on TheJournal.ie and Joe.ie, endorsed by the likes of Zack Ryder, Jim Ross & more!

★★★CARD★★★

WWE Champion, THE ROCK vs. JOHN CENA

World Champion, ALBERTO DEL RIO vs. JACK SWAGGER

Rumoured:
    CM PUNK to be added to WWE Championship match
    BROCK LESNAR vs. TRIPLE H
    THE UNDERTAKER
    DOLPH ZIGGLER vs. CHRIS JERICHO
    DANIEL BRYAN vs. KANE

★★★PRE-SHOW ENTERTAINMENT★★★
    (Doors from 9pm)
    *** The first-ever WWE Parties HALL OF FAME Ceremony!
    *** WWE merchandise giveaways!
    *** WWE music & classic WrestleMania matches/moments on all screens!
    *** ...and more still TBC!

Stay tuned to the event and www.facebook.com/WWEIreland for all breaking news on this event!

Over-18's only; ID required.
    Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.

Tickets are NOW for-sale from WRESTLING MANIA, St Stephens Green. Only €5, as always! However, if you wish to buy via credit card in Wrestling Mania, there will be a €1 surcharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'll be missing this as I'm seeing my beloved Shrimpers play at Wembley that day. I'm sure this will be an amazing night as always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe24

Just got a couple of tickets for this for myself and my brother. Neither of us have been to any of the previous parties. Really looking forward to it even though we won't know anybody else there. Have no doubt it will be a friendly atmosphere having read about the previous events.

Taking the following day off work as well. No choice really. Will need more than a couple of pints to be able to suspend disbelief for the main event :D

Still though, can't wait!

Arse. Was in city centre a few days ago and never thought of picking up some tickets.

Joe24 wrote: »
    Just got a couple of tickets for this for myself and my brother. Neither of us have been to any of the previous parties. Really looking forward to it even though we won't know anybody else there. Have no doubt it will be a friendly atmosphere having read about the previous events.

Exactly, everyone is just there to chill out and have the craic with other wrestling fans so you guys will fit in fine!
    Arse. Was in city centre a few days ago and never thought of picking up some tickets.

You should be alright buying in the next couple of weeks at least. We're running out of our Paypal allocation of tickets but still haven't sold out of our batch in Wrestling Mania! Tickets tend to sell faster coming up to the event, when people start making their definite plans, so if you're a few weeks ahead of that you won't be left out in the cold. Will post here to give notice if we start to run out earlier than anticipated though! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like im going this year :) Friend is picking up tickets tomorrow(hopefully ) :D:D

Just a heads up that we're now sold out of our Paypal allocation of tickets, meaning that all remaining tickets are for sale in Wrestling Mania, so please do not book any more via the link (though all new orders that come in from said link will be refunded ASAP, so don't worry if you read this after ordering!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Thank fcuk I managed to pick up two tickets from w'mania, seems like there are nearly next to no tickets left. Happy days, bring on next sunday. :D

Just posted this on the Facebook event:
    From Day One, WWE Parties have been about YOU...the people who make the nights so memorable. So, this Sunday, we host the first-ever WWE PARTIES HALL OF FAME CEREMONY: where some of YOU will be inducted on-stage for providing us with memorable moments from the past few parties! And those inducted will also be given some prizes (don't worry, we'll also have a contest for first-timers and everyone else to earn their way into the HoF).

Who do you think should be nominated and why???

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Genuine question for Rick. Is it going to be like the past few nights with "the boys" getting preferential treatment by getting seats right in front of the big screen? Ballymun Bruiser, Brother Skelly, Johnny Notaro and Kazza, McGregor Hardshaw, 'Angry' Andy Barton etc all sitting up front. I doubt they're turning up before everyone else or is it simply a case of taking care of "the boys"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I love the use of "the boys".

Genuine question for Rick. Is it going to be like the past few nights with "the boys" getting preferential treatment by getting seats right in front of the big screen? Ballymun Bruiser, Brother Skelly, Johnny Notaro and Kazza, McGregor Hardshaw, 'Angry' Andy Barton etc all sitting up front. I doubt they're turning up before everyone else or is it simply a case of taking care of "the boys"

Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis guys...there's no set seating arrangements for us to be able to 'look after the boys'. A few of the people you mentioned work with us and we need seats up the front (as I'm on stage so need to be close to them to deal with any issues...so I don't have to use the mic and disturb everyone there to grab them each time), a few are our friends so I don't know why you expect us not to sit with our friends, and a few of those mentioned I don't even know personally. So I couldn't tell you where the latter people are going to sit because I've never had a conversation with them in my life. We've never once told someone to move so someone that I know could sit in their spot, if that's what you're getting at? The problem you're implying simply doesn't happen.

Same as always, if you arrive early, you should get a good seat. But we've also listened to feedback and gone to extra effort in the past few events to make the view and audio of the whole night better for everyone no matter where you sit (to the point that we pay a sound engineer to set up extra speakers in the restaurant area and the venue is re-configured slightly beforehand to ensure everyone is able to see a TV).

I...genuinely don't know what else we can do for you. If you've any suggestions as to how we can fix the problem, please chime in. But the problem seems to be that you either want better seats without arriving earlier than others (not fair on those that pay the same price for a ticket and DO arrive earlier) or don't want me to sit with my friends? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

leggo wrote: »
    Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis guys...there's no set seating arrangements for us to be able to 'look after the boys'. A few of the people you mentioned work with us and we need seats up the front (as I'm on stage so need to be close to them to deal with any issues...so I don't have to use the mic and disturb everyone there to grab them each time), a few are our friends so I don't know why you expect us not to sit with our friends, and a few of those mentioned I don't even know personally. So I couldn't tell you where the latter people are going to sit because I've never had a conversation with them in my life. We've never once told someone to move so someone that I know could sit in their spot, if that's what you're getting at? The problem you're implying simply doesn't happen.

Same as always, if you arrive early, you should get a good seat. But we've also listened to feedback and gone to extra effort in the past few events to make the view and audio of the whole night better for everyone no matter where you sit (to the point that we pay a sound engineer to set up extra speakers in the restaurant area and the venue is re-configured slightly beforehand to ensure everyone is able to see a TV).

I...genuinely don't know what else we can do for you. If you've any suggestions as to how we can fix the problem, please chime in. But the problem seems to be that you either want better seats without arriving earlier than others (not fair on those that pay the same price for a ticket and DO arrive earlier) or don't want me to sit with my friends? :confused:

Thank you for the response and thank you for all the work you do
    It was a genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I love the use of "the boys".

I knew I saw these lot front row in Captains last year.

Kliq.jpg

Genuine question for Rick. Is it going to be like the past few nights with "the boys" getting preferential treatment by getting seats right in front of the big screen?

I overheard some guys last year saying they were there since 3pm, have to admit that anyone who arrives at that time deserves a sweet spot. Don't arrive at 11:50pm like I did, you'll be standing all night!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Charisteas wrote: »
    I overheard some guys last year saying they were there since 3pm, have to admit that anyone who arrives at that time deserves a sweet spot. Don't arrive at 11:50pm like I did, you'll be standing all night!

For the rumble party I got there at around half 8 - had some dinner and got a class spot!

theres no favouratism going on - just get there early if you want to be in the live area!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I arrived at about half 9 last year and also overheard that the lads closest to the screens were there all day too. Fair play to them, thats dedication.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CMpunked wrote: »
    I arrived at about half 9 last year and also overheard that the lads closest to the screens were there all day too. Fair play to them, thats dedication.

Did you get a decent spot at that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

I heading over with a group of 5 lads, hoping to get there around half 8. I hope we can all get seats. and more importantly some good ol' Captain Americas food.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

I see the beginning of a feud starting between those who arrive early and those who don't. May as well turn off the tv and make it the in-house main event come wrestlemania -as the actual main event is sure to suck!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

I see the beginning of a feud starting between those who arrive early and those who don't. May as well turn off the tv and make it the in-house main event come wrestlemania -as the actual main event is sure to suck!

I think the only problem would be if someone turned up two or three hours late and expecting to get a seat or a group of seats. I think the majority of those going late will be those who can't go early due to other engagements during the day, and will not complain if they can't get seats. The ones that will complain would be the ones who would strolling in about 11 or 12, expecting there will be seats, due to the event not starting until 1.

I don't think it'll be a problem and I think that 99% of the party goers will enjoy themselves, the event and the banter that comes with it.

I'm seem to recall a few lads doing a rather provocative HBK-style male stripper type dance while singing the lyrics to 'sexy boy' at last years WM party. If you ask me a few of them where a little too good at it, like maybe they practiced at home in front of their bedroom mirrors.

You could try doing that - it might make a few people uncomfortable enough to leave their seats, I know that's how I felt :D

Like during an episode of Raw in the Attitude Era when someone would always turn up to the show with 30 minutes left, cameramen waiting in the parking lot all night for them, they arrive and head straight down to the ring.

Les Ferdinand that's what you should do, arrive at midnight and power walk down to the front row :D

Zemuppet wrote: »
    The ones that will complain would be the ones who would strolling in about 11 or 12, expecting there will be seats, due to the event not starting until 1.

Believe it starts at Midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

What time will Captain Americas let you pitch up for the evening?

Or do they mind, once you're steadily paying as the night goes on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Dont know if he is going but surely Ciano 3:16 should be inducted :D purely for sign placement

• Advertisement

Tickets are now sold out guys. Hope you got your hands on some if you're planning to go.

Advertisement