Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Blows Wrestling Parties: WrestleMania at Buskers On The Ball!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

srm23 wrote: »
    Rumour has it there was so many of the boys there, it looked like Leggo was trying to get the band back together in the front row.

lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,697 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

LMAo @ Jug-gate.

Last year they hadnt enough jug/pitchers to keep up with demand so id say this year they were reserved for booze giving the fact they make 15quid off them, you can hardly bame then for holding on to them versus tap water and blackcurrent freebies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Rumour has it there was so many of the boys there, it looked like Leggo was trying to get the band back together in the front row.

Please stop imagining anything to do with me and other boys. It's getting creepy now... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Charisteas wrote: »
    I think srm23 is one of the boys having a laugh. :pac:

one can dream. no ive never been to a mania party, i couldn't deal with the politics of it all, i dont have any backstage clout, maybe if i pay my dues leggo will invite me to the front row.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

This is brilliant :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

one can dream. no ive never been to a mania party.

Ah right, so you are just talking boll*x then, thanks for clearing that up for us all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

one can dream. no ive never been to a mania party, i couldn't deal with the politics of it all, i dont have any backstage clout, maybe if i pay my dues leggo will invite me to the front row.

Then go to the next party. Or just debut at next years Wrestlemania party, Fandango style.

Just tell Leggo that you won't go unless he pronounces your name correctly.

It's sssssssssss rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'd echo the sentiments in here, lot of great attitudes towards the event from the people who showed up but the Captains staff really let them down. We got into the live area and the atmosphere was great but our seats weren't great for when people stood up as I couldn't really stand without hitting the table and knocking over the drinks :D A minor complaint as everyone up there were in great spirits and really help an event like this.

The major complaint is the staff at Captains. Terrible organisation of lines and general rudeness of the staff that we were giving a fair whack to. The bouncer who looks like Albert was OK but some of the other security lads were dicks. At one stage I was waiting to get down the stairs towards the bar and people were coming up so i was letting them through and a security lad turns and goes "are you going down or what?" The bar was terribly organised too and meant we missed what seemed like the best part of the buildup.

TLDR, well run night from leggo, badly run night from Captains.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

I thought it was a great night, with some great banter and atmosphere, with the lads running the event doing a fantastic job. I agree with the other lads, saying that Captains needed some boots to arses in regards to the queues, which was really ridiculous.

Another problem was the tv we were in front of, which was on the blink, leading to the chants of "Fix the TV" :D. Other than that, myself and the lads I was with, had a great time and loved the atmosphere and the people that showed up. All I'll say is fair play to leggo and those who organised the event, you guys did a great job and I hope to go again next year, hopefully with a bigger venue :P

Charisteas wrote: »
    Then go to the next party. Or just debut at next years Wrestlemania party, Fandango style.

Just tell Leggo that you won't go unless he pronounces your name correctly.

It's sssssssssss rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ill need to show up at Summerslam, Survivor Series & Royal Rumble and confront the boys, then leave before the start of the event......"no,no,no you just cost everyone their chance to witness the debut..."
    the question is though would the boys be willing to put those premium seats on the line? can i break the glass ceiling at the next mania party and sit front row?

• Advertisement

Zemuppet wrote: »
    Another problem was the tv we were in front of, which was on the blink, leading to the chants of "Fix the TV" :D.

That was ridiculous: one of our lads went over to fix it and was actually told to stop by one of the staff, who said it had "been like that for months". So not only did they actively tell us to stop trying to fix a valuable piece of equipment for them, but in the busiest night in their business' history - a night that involves a bunch of people sitting around and watching TV - they don't think beforehand that it might be somewhat worthwhile getting their TV fixed...

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

I'm not part of "the boys" but I got there early enough to get myself a seat near The stage area, overheard some guy saying he had gotten there at 5 to makes sure he got good seats.
    Plus The only MSW guy I noticed near there was that big lad they have, think his names is Hynsie.

Anyway, had a good night, Q for the bar eat ridiculous, we were told to come back with our pitchers when we ordered again cause they had none left and then they had no glasses apparently but with staff going round and taking empty glasses and pitchers, how the hell did they expect us to bring them up.

leggo wrote: »
    That was ridiculous: one of our lads went over to fix it and was actually told to stop by one of the staff, who said it had "been like that for months". So not only did they actively tell us to stop trying to fix a valuable piece of equipment for them, but in the busiest night in their business' history - a night that involves a bunch of people sitting around and watching TV - they don't think beforehand that it might be somewhat worthwhile getting their TV fixed...

A bit of common sense was lacking from Captains. All of these small problems could have being avoided, but fair play to one of ye to try and fix the TV.

Shadooby wrote: »
    Plus The only MSW guy I noticed near there was that big lad they have, think his names is Hynsie.

yeah leggo kept a nice seat for him.
    you sure you're not one of the boys? or are you a member of another very exclusive club?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I was lying about the boys.

the guy at the very front?...
    Well...

itwasmeaustin.png

CMpunked wrote: »
    I was lying about the boys.

the guy at the very front?...
    Well...

itwasmeaustin.png

"EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT! every one of you were made fools of!

King: you're a fool JR!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Then later on I even seen someone going with a blentec blender jug with whatever in it!

That was our table, and it was long island iced tea ;)

Got there at 7 myself and got a great spot in the live area (I've no "inside" connections either, so it can be done if you turn up early, like any event really)

We were also told by staff even at that time that we would have to eat in the restaurant area but we told her we weren’t giving up the good table, she quickly gave in when she realised she was losing a food order.

We were also told the jugs were in shortage so brought back the empties every time, felt a bit like Jack n Jill heading off to fetch a pail of water. Luckily got most of the drinks in before bell time and didn't have to move then except to go to that rancid jacks

All in all, a great night.

One thing though Leggo, I know your song list is largely based on popular choice but are you open to requests through here or your Facebook page? Heard some great ones but would love to hear others like LOD's theme, Christian's "At Last" or Jake The Snake's.

Oh, and the new Kliq definitely needs one, this gets my vote...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

D-FENS wrote: »
    That was our table, and it was long island iced tea ;)

Just out of interest, who was it that served him? Not that I care that he got it, I laughed a lot when I noticed it was a blender jug.
    But would like to know if it was the same pillock who refused me a jug that gave him one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Just out of interest, who was it that served him? Not that I care that he got it, I laughed a lot when I noticed it was a blender jug.
    But would like to know if it was the same pillock who refused me a jug that gave him one.

Couldn't honestly tell you. I was actually drinking from it for a while before I noticed myself :)

• Advertisement

D-FENS wrote: »
    One thing though Leggo, I know your song list is largely based on popular choice but are you open to requests through here or your Facebook page? Heard some great ones but would love to hear others like LOD's theme, Christian's "At Last" or Jake The Snake's.

Yeah 100%, I'm completely open to suggestions. Love when I get recommended a classic theme that I don't already have. I try and mix up the sets as much as possible so it's not the exact same stuff each time (and the big songs get mixed up in a slightly different way), so any suggestions that are out there that'd help keep it fresh are welcome!

yeah leggo kept a nice seat for him.
    you sure you're not one of the boys? or are you a member of another very exclusive club?

Positive I'm not 1 of the boys, no seat was kept for me by Leggo or anyone else that worked with him.
    I wasn't sitting near Domhnall, the guy who does The impressions. I wasn't there with him so I wasn't part of his group if he had one.
    Like I said, from previous shows, I got there early and found myself a spot.

I'm gonna be honest: there's a clique. And it's not just boys. It's girls too. There's around 350 of us in fact. Angry Andy, Ballymun Bruiser, Hynesie, some of the MSW roster, Domhnall, even some boardsies are in the clique. And everyone gets into the clique by buying a ticket (unless they work for us).

Everyone who buys that ticket? Yeah, they get a seat kept especially for them (unless Captains **** up the seating plan). And we decide who gets what seat by who arrives first. But I can't keep it a secret anymore, you've got me guys, hands up. :p

I'm gonna be honest: there's a clique. And it's not just boys. It's girls too. There's around 350 of us in fact. Angry Andy, Ballymun Bruiser, Hynesie, some of the MSW roster, Domhnall, even some boardsies are in the clique. And everyone gets into the clique by buying a ticket (unless they work for us).

Everyone who buys that ticket? Yeah, they get a seat kept especially for them (unless Captains **** up the seating plan). And we decide who gets what seat by who arrives first. But I can't keep it a secret anymore, you've got me guys, hands up. :p

I was thinking for the next event, create a VIP area at the front of the big screen and charge 10 or 15 quid for those seats. Have a a sign on each of these VIP tables saying "Reserved for "The Boys". :pac:

Zemuppet wrote: »
    I was thinking for the next event, create a VIP area at the front of the big screen and charge 10 or 15 quid for those seats. Have a a sign on each of these VIP tables saying "Reserved for "The Boys". :pac:

I like it! We can call it the 'Boys Zone', job done.

I like it! We can call it the 'Boys Zone', job done.

How about a package deal? A VIP seat, a 2 course meal and a special commemorative t-shirt that has 'Boy's Zone' on the front and on the back "I've got my seat, have you?". Charge the punters 50 quid and you are sorted. Everybody will so much cooler and more awesome in their cliq t-shirt.

I've suggested that before, at the first 2 events, the place was so packed, it was hard to get in and out if you wanted to get drinks or go to the loo.
    Just charge extra for that area and only sell how many can fit in there without having to cram chairs everywhere, that way people would be more comfortable getting in and out.

Also, I wanna Boys Zone shirt :D

We're more than likely gonna be changing venue, so this is among a ton of other things we might explore when we find a new home. It's really just a case of seeing what benefits the new venue has and how we can turn them into an attractive package for people. I do want to keep a low price point though, that's important and one of the main reasons I'd resist the idea of any kind of VIP area. But we'll see. We're starting the search for a new place ASAP.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

We're more than likely gonna be changing venue, so this is among a ton of other things we might explore when we find a new home. It's really just a case of seeing what benefits the new venue has and how we can turn them into an attractive package for people. I do want to keep a low price point though, that's important and one of the main reasons I'd resist the idea of any kind of VIP area. But we'll see. We're starting the search for a new place ASAP.

First time at this last night and had a great night. Atmosphere was great . We ended up arriving just after 9:30 and it was already jammed so we just qued up got a few drinks each then went down to Burger King for food then came back up and went into the Main Area place but obviously there were no seats so we just stayed and stood just after you come up on the stairs . Great fun with the people around us .
    Agree with people saying its prob not the best layout for a big event like WM but still fair play to Leggo for all the hard work and hopefully the new venue will work out . Think someone else said The Woolshed would be perfect imo

• Advertisement

Yeah, if people remember Woolshed was where I initially hoped to host the events; I think it's the natural home for them. However, they've twice now expressed reservations about hosting them due to the late closing times (and also expressed interest at other times...talk about mixed messages).

Tbh I'm not going to beg them. We bring great business for places like this, so if they choose not to take it then it's their loss really. To me, you're a bit foolish in 2013 if you turn down potentially up to 500 customers on an otherwise quiet Sunday night. It's a great spot but we really need a business who'll get either get behind the idea and support us or, as was initially the case with Captain's, get out of the way and let us do our thing and just hold up their end of the bargain. With a place like Woolshed hmm-ing and haw-ing, I'm not sure they'd do so and give us the flexibility we'd need to provide as good a night for you guys as possible.

There are some great, central spots - each with their own unique benefits - that I have in mind and at least two of them are completely viable and interested too. So we'll see how it all pans out.

Advertisement