Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Blows Wrestling Parties: WrestleMania at Buskers On The Ball!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

orestes wrote: »
    A fellow boardsie mate sorted me with a ticket for this since I don't do internet finances, woot \o/

I've never watched a PPV in a bar before, usually just a few mates around to the house for the bigger ones back in the day but haven't watched one with people in ages, and the Rumble has always been my favourite ppv since I was a kid so I'm actually really looking forward to this. Anyone else planning on heading to it?

You'll love it mate. The Wrestlemania night was sensational. Just an amazing atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Do Captains have tickets now or is it just PayPal ATM?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Beefy78 wrote: »

You'll love it mate. The Wrestlemania night was sensational. Just an amazing atmosphere.

Thinking of going myself, would be my first time attending one of these and would be going on my own, is it easy to blend in or is it advisable to come with a group?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Do Captains have tickets now or is it just PayPal ATM?

Just PayPal at the moment. It's the easiest way to please the majority of people and we're also low budget so prefer to use funds to pay for more fun stuff. Hope to have physical tickets also available for Mania, but can't guarantee anything yet. Will have to wait and see.
    lockie1983 wrote: »
    Thinking of going myself, would be my first time attending one of these and would be going on my own, is it easy to blend in or is it advisable to come with a group?

You'll be fine if you come on your own, plenty of people do as many don't have others in their social group who'd watch wrestling. We try to keep the pre-show very inclusive to get everyone to know each other, too. You'll get chatting to people there, it's all a very friendly, inclusive atmosphere. That's one of the things I love about the parties: everyone there is just up for the laugh and getting to know other wrestling fans. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I've never been to this thing before but I've been to plenty of awesome sessions organised through boards. I know this isn't a boards only thing, but if you don't want to go in on your you can organise to meet other people from here beforehand and head in with them. I'm heading in with Grames and Galva, I'm sure they would have no bother with us meeting you in front of Trinity on the way or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

I think its pretty easy to blend in and have a good time, at the last PPV I was with some friends and some guy who was on his own asked if he could sit with us. Ended up buying each other drinks and having a good time.

Our eyes met across the table as we both reached for that jug of Beer only for us to touch each other hands, we laughed, i blushed a little.......f**ker never called me the next day :(

just kidding ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Might grab a ticket closer to the date even if i am going on my own , since ye guys seem so friendly................ a little to friendly :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Got the merch today!! Huge selection this time - and most of the latest gear too! All sizes and even RAW water bottle thingys - I don't know why that's special but hey....they have the Raw logo on them!! :D

Just a heads-up guys, we're making provisions now for this party selling out on the night. Tickets are selling faster than they did for the Mania party and, while I expect we'll still have a few left at the door on the night, I think the walk-up tickets may sell early enough into the night.

I don't want any boardsies to be left out in the cold for this one (especially since the entire idea started here!) so I said I'd give you the heads up to get your hands on them early to be sure. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ShintySix

Didn't even notice the wrestling forum on boards until now. Unfortunately I lack any form of card to order through PayPal. So I may have to chance my arm with paying on the door. Still, sounds like great craic!

• Advertisement

I ordered my tickets yesterday. Got a couple of lads coming in from the UK as well as a couple from here and going to make a whole day of it. So if you see a bunch hanging round Temple Bar in wrestling shirts in the day then feel free to say hi.

ShintySix wrote: »
    Didn't even notice the wrestling forum on boards until now. Unfortunately I lack any form of card to order through PayPal. So I may have to chance my arm with paying on the door. Still, sounds like great craic!

I'll post on here on the day if there are tickets on sale on the door, so you won't have to chance it. Like I said, the way things are going I expect there will still be some left on-sale but they'll sell out on the night.

Just a heads up guys: we're down to under 100 tickets left for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

leggo wrote: »
    is it tickets only? Me and a couple of friends may be going but terrible at organising things...

It's looking like it could be, but we'll let you know here and in the event Sunday afternoon if we've any left to sell at the door on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Under a hundred! How many people can fit in Captains?!?

There's a 300 person limit for the Rumble, just to make sure everyone is comfortable and has space (if this sells out, we'll look into freeing up more space for Mania to allow more people to attend). For perspective, the last Mania party had 350-odd in total...way more than we'd anticipated: we originally hoped to just fill the Live bar and were selling tickets with that single goal in mind! My ideal scenario is like a lite version of the Superbowl in the Woolshed. Ideally, I want a happy medium between rammed enough that there's an amazing atmosphere but also that people have room to breathe!

So we're taking projections into account given that most tickets to these parties typically sell the week of the event, and on the night itself. Hope that clears things up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Howya Folks,

Long time since I posted on the wrestling forum but been dying to go to one of these events since I noticed them last year, have tickets for me and 3 mates so really looking forward to it
    Just wondering, how many screens are normally set up for it, I’m guessing there is one big one in the live area, how many does that hold?
    Someone mentioned their view and the sound wasn’t great for the ‘mania event, so just wondering what my chances are of avoiding this,
    From reading up on last year’s events, we looking at the bar closing about 3am?

Captain's have plasmas all over the venue then the big screen in the Live area. The Live area is most definitely the best place to be: it can hold about 120 when packed, so it's really first come, first served. I'm telling anyone who asks to arrive for 9pm and you should get a spot there (though we can't even guarantee that: we had people there before we even arrived for Mania! Should be fine though).

If anyone has any problems with video/sound, say it to one of our guys and we'll get on it right away. Fortunately, we've got a few of these events under our belt now and Captain's basically just hand us the venue for that kinda thing, so we have the shtick down and can fix any issues once we know. We haven't heard any complaints from the past couple nights though, so hopefully it'll be the same again this time around!

Bar will stay open for most of the PPV. Ultimately, all Captain's staff wanna do is get outta there as close to 4am as possible (which is fair enough really) so they tend to keep serving as long as people are buying then start to close once it quietens down. They're fairly sound about it, have to say (trust me, from experience other venues can be awful for this; taking bookings promising a 1-2am finish then kicking everyone out at 12.30-1am)

Enjoy your first party though, and if you or anyone else has any other questions, just ask! :)

A couple of us will be live tweeting (God, we're so cool) on the night for a wrestling forum we post on (told ya) so is there an agreed twitter hashtag for this shindig?

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    A couple of us will be live tweeting (God, we're so cool) on the night for a wrestling forum we post on (told ya) so is there an agreed twitter hashtag for this shindig?

:pac: Believe it or not, this actually just popped into my head tonight. #RumbleParty comes to mind but I'm gonna stick it up on the page for suggestions in the meantime. Any thoughts?

If you want a hashtag specific to the event in Captains I'd go with #RumbleDublin or #DublinRumble, given that hundreds of such gatherings might use #RumbleParty on the night.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

#CaptainsRumble maybe?

I quite like #RumbleDublin

Either way it should be included with the official WWE hashtags - hopefully they will get noticed!

Hmm, what about #DubRumble? I think I'll leave this for boards to decide as I'm doing a lot on the event page already so this can be boards' baby! :)

I don't know if you've all seen, but some of the guys in the event page have come up with a drinking game for the night. We're gonna print it off and leave a copy at each table.
    ROYAL RUMBLE DRINKING GAME
    • Drink once...for each entrant.
    • Drink once...for each elimination.
    • Drink once…if anything is trending worldwide.
    • Drink once…if anyone ‘skins the cat’ in the Rumble match.
    • Drink twice...for blood.
    • Drink twice...for a foreign object.
    • Drink three...for a surprise entrant.
    • Take a shot…if Michael Cole says “VINTAGE!”
    • Chug...when a submission hold is applied
    • Chug...for the duration of "Alberto Del RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOO!!!!"
    • Finish your drink…if a title changes hands.
    • Finish your drink...if Ron Simmons says damn.

Hmm, what about #DubRumble? I think I'll leave this for boards to decide as I'm doing a lot on the event page already so this can be boards' baby! :)

I don't know if you've all seen, but some of the guys in the event page have come up with a drinking game for the night. We're gonna print it off and leave a copy at each table.

Judging by the mania crowd, everyone will be in a coma by the time Cena wins the rumble.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Loser is the first one to get alcohol poisoning :P

Judging by the mania crowd, everyone will be in a coma by the time Cena wins the rumble.

Haha! I dunno, we got this picture after the main event, looks like a pretty fun coma:

556252_271952642889038_689539918_n.jpg

But yeah, everyone's welcome to take a power nap if there's a Divas match on. :pac:

Seriously, though, I'm hoping the Rumble match is on last so, with the countdowns, entrances, eliminations and whatnot, there'll still be an unreal atmosphere. I've been personally looking forward to that one match alone since the Mania night.

• Advertisement

The shot rule will be too difficult to enforce - people will have to have a shed load of them lined up! (pricey)

Also the "skin the cat" one - as i said on the event page - if last year is anything to go by - people will have collapsed after 4 minutes!

Advertisement