Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Blows Wrestling Parties: WrestleMania at Buskers On The Ball!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Hopefully gonna be in Captains by 9/9:30 cant wait . Think im more excited about the atmosphere then the PPV ha

I'm in the same boat, I re watched last years mania and don't think I would have enjoyed it as much on my own.

What time will proper food be served till, does anyone know?
    Like if someone goes down at half 9 would they be doing that two course offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Live area legit packed - huge queues for bar... If you're coming down, get here sooner rather than later.

Great atmosphere already!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Hope Les Ferdinand got a good seat. Wonder if 'the boys' are front row again?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Once again fair play leggo and have a great night everybody!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Charisteas wrote: »
    Hope Les Ferdinand got a good seat. Wonder if 'the boys' are front row again?!

These lads blocking the view again!

outsider.jpg

• Advertisement

I dunno who the lads are, all I can see are boys!

I ran outside to go to the shop and some people who were also leaving after eating were in front of me.

Person 1: "What the fcuk is going on?"
    Person 2: "No idea but they all look mental."
    Person 3: "Some wrestling yolk?"
    Person 2: "oh.. That explains it!"

Fair play, lads! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,613 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

how was it?
    were the boys dominating the best seats??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,697 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Who was the guy with the 'If "the boys" get the best seats, we riot' sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Great night it has to be said. Only contribution from 'the boys' was to declare CM 'overrated' to much derision from those in attendance.

Only downside was the outrageous queue time at the bar between 9 and 12, although it did calm down a bit when the show kicked off. A few of those lads could do with a bar manager to provide boots to asses.

Well done leggo on a very well put together night.

• Advertisement

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Great night it has to be said. Only contribution from 'the boys' was to declare CM 'overrated' to much derision from those in attendance.

Only downside was the outrageous queue time at the bar between 9 and 12, although it did calm down a bit when the show kicked off. A few of those lads could do with a bar manager to provide boots to asses.

boys will be boys.
    how did they manage to get that message to the entire crowd?
    were the boys going into business for themselves on open mics?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Who was the guy with the 'If "the boys" get the best seats, we riot' sign.

Seriously?!? That's hilarious! I would've popped so much if I'd have seen that there. I love the people that come to these nights, such good banter. :D
    2ndcoming wrote: »

There were a few things we were unhappy about from Captain's end: the staff levels were ridiculous (there's no excuse for that, they knew how many were coming so it was just them being tight and trying to cut on costs to maximise their bar profits), one TV in the restaurant being broken and the utter state of the jacks all night (to be fair, the Captains staff themselves worked their arses off all night, they just didn't stand a chance).

They also, unbeknownst to us, kept a list of people that they promised tickets to at the door, which they had no right to. It broke my heart to hear that we had to turn away lads from as far as Kerry because they'd been promised tickets by Captain's. Reality was that the situation would've been 100x worse for everyone there if we'd had started making exceptions. We could've had around 500 people last night if you tot up the amount of people looking for tickets and who actually showed up at the door.

These are things we had no control over and couldn't have foreseen ourselves. For our part, we let Captain's know the score in full beforehand and had no problems on the side of things we did control. So we're going to examine the situation and perhaps look into seeking out a venue better equipped to handle how quickly the parties are growing. We already have a few in mind who've declared an interest. Now we've time on our sides to plan for SummerSlam. This has been a while coming and Captain's have dropped the ball a bit now. You've no idea how frustrating it is to put that amount of work into an event then have the venue, who have to do so little of the leg-work for the night by comparison, fail on so many levels.

That said, aside from the (fair) gripes people have, the vast majority seemed to have enjoyed the night. The atmosphere was amazing and, as always, that's down to everyone who attended. So thanks for that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

great night and great atmosphere again. One thing I will say is that I dont think Captains are well equipped for an event of that size. The way the place is laid out is all narrow walkways and tables.

we got there at half nine or ten, no chance of a seat and an absolutely massive queue to the bar! not criticising, just saying!

D.Q wrote: »
    we got there at half nine or ten, no chance of a seat and an absolutely massive queue to the bar! not criticising, just saying!

once the boys were sorted out there was barely a seat left for the fans

D.Q wrote: »
    great night and great atmosphere again. One thing I will say is that I dont think Captains are well equipped for an event of that size. The way the place is laid out is all narrow walkways and tables.

Agreed, I think last night proved that definitively. It was ideal at the start because...well, basically, it was the only place that would take a punt on us. And it was a nice, intimate place to run the smaller nights like SummerSlam and Survivor Series...for that reason I wouldn't completely rule it out for certain events (if not the big PPVs). We got by for the Rumble but last night was the straw that broke the camel's back as far as the venue goes.

It wasn't even just that it's poorly-equipped, it's the decisions that they made in the running of it that were just lazy in some aspects and greedy in others. If run smartly and efficiently it can work. It wasn't last night. I've high standards for events that I run so I hate when that happens. Everything people say, trust me...I hear you loud and clear and I feel your pain as much as anyone.

That said, it's a testament to how good the people that come along to every night and have made these events what they are that none of this affected what was still a great night. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,697 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

You must be trolling.

There was 400 people there, are you telling me all 400 'where the boys'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Not sure this will be appreciated, but I am delighted to read the event has outgrown its current venue.

Its only year two :eek:
    Well done leggo,

was it uncomfortably busy there last night?

where would you be looking at Leggo, Woolshed or somewhere like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

srm23 wrote: »
    was it uncomfortably busy there last night?

where would you be looking at Leggo, Woolshed or somewhere like that?

i even said to leggo last night bout trying to get the woolshed,it would be able to handle that amount of ppl.

Had a great night, the atmosphere was amazing.
    There were a few lads beside us that LOVED cm punk. I mean, they were practically crying when he came out. That level of fandom is something I never thought I would witness.

I was worried when, following that match they seemed to settle down a bit. Its somewhat reassuring to hear that was a widespread reaction and not just isolated to what happened in captains last night.

As for captains itself.
    They were absolute muppets. Some staff were really nice and helpful but some were just utter asshats.
    Let me explain; I rang beforehand (around half 7) and asked when are they taking orders for food until and that I was coming to the party so would be staying after.
    "Until 9"
    "Alright, grand, so if I come at about 20 past 8 I can order?"
    "yes"

So we aimed to be there for that time. We get a seat and see someone bringing food to the table beside us.
    Got told that the kitchen was closed! What?!

To give them credit they asked me who told me the food would be served and all I could say was a girl on the phone. He apologised loads and said that the bar food would be served at 11 if it was any consolation.
    So I let that go, sure, I was hungry but could wait.

Second time was after I was queuing for the bar I asked the guy for a jug of blackcurrant.
    Because I was driving I wasnt going to be drinking (not that I would have been at all, anyway! :cool:).

The guy poured me out a glass and tried giving it to me. When I tried repeating that I asked for a big pitcher jug he cut me off and told me he wouldnt be giving me a jug but will give me a few glasses. He looked like I was after asking him to take a dump on his grandmother with the face he pulled. I conceded because I was after being in the queue 20 minutes.
    I dont get why he refused me the jug, I really dont. They done it for me last year AND its not like they were short because they had just opened a new cardboard box full of them. I don't get it.
    Then later on I even seen someone going with a blentec blender jug with whatever in it!

So that was my interactions with the staff.

Bit dont get me wrong, it didnt spoil the night and it was great craic otherwise even if the venue wasn't doing us any favours.

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    Had a great night, the atmosphere was amazing.
    There were a few lads beside us that LOVED cm punk. I mean, they were practically crying when he came out. That level of fandom is something I never thought I would witness.

I was worried when, following that match they seemed to settle down a bit. Its somewhat reassuring to hear that was a widespread reaction and not just isolated to what happened in captains last night.

As for captains itself.
    They were absolute muppets. Some staff were really nice and helpful but some were just utter asshats.
    Let me explain; I rang beforehand (around half 7) and asked when are they taking orders for food until and that I was coming to the party so would be staying after.
    "Until 9"
    "Alright, grand, so if I come at about 20 past 8 I can order?"
    "yes"

So we aimed to be there for that time. We get a seat and see someone bringing food to the table beside us.
    Got told that the kitchen was closed! What?!

To give them credit they asked me who told me the food would be served and all I could say was a girl on the phone. He apologised loads and said that the bar food would be served at 11 if it was any consolation.
    So I let that go, sure, I was hungry but could wait.

Second time was after I was queuing for the bar I asked the guy for a jug of blackcurrant.
    Because I was driving I wasnt going to be drinking (not that I would have been at all, anyway! :cool:).

The guy poured me out a glass and tried giving it to me. When I tried repeating that I asked for a big pitcher jug he cut me off and told me he wouldnt be giving me a jug but will give me a few glasses. He looked like I was after asking him to take a dump on his grandmother with the face he pulled. I conceded because I was after being in the queue 20 minutes.
    I dont get why he refused me the jug, I really dont. They done it for me last year AND its not like they were short because they had just opened a new cardboard box full of them. I don't get it.
    Then later on I even seen someone going with a blentec blender jug with whatever in it!

So that was my interactions with the staff.

Bit dont get me wrong, it didnt spoil the night and it was great craic otherwise even if the venue wasn't doing us any favours.

i dunno how you still enjoyed the show even though you had a few glasses of blackcurrant and not a pitcher. ill bet the boys were involved in this somehow

i dunno how you still enjoyed the show even though you had a few glasses of blackcurrant and not a pitcher. ill bet the boys were involved in this somehow

I mixed it up with some coke later on as the night went on.

in all seriousness, were the boys taking liberties last night?

No. Not at all. All the best seats were legitamitelly gone at half 9 by a lot of other lads. The majority of the 'boys' were helping leggo out during the night. Some recording, some on the door etc.

I think he's just having a laugh tbh. For the record, I didn't have an actual seat myself and was kinda bouncing around from spot to spot as people went to the toilet before sneaking into one free space for the last couple of matches. So even this boy didn't get any special privileges! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

how was it?
    were the boys dominating the best seats??
    boys will be boys.
    how did they manage to get that message to the entire crowd?
    were the boys going into business for themselves on open mics?
    once the boys were sorted out there was barely a seat left for the fans

Dominated by boys, boys going into business for themselves, boys sorting themselves out, boys taking liberties. That's quite an obsession you have there. Were you sexually molested in the toilet at one of these things before or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

That's about your fifth post banging on about "the boys."

Would you give it a rest?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

That's about your fifth post banging on about "the boys."

Would you give it a rest?

Cheers.

Who the fcuk are "the boys"? I've been following the thread (as I was meant to be going) and am still utterly baffled...

(Or i missed it)

:)

Who the fcuk are "the boys"? I've been following the thread (as I was meant to be going) and am still utterly baffled...

(Or i missed it)

:)

Rumour has it there was so many of the boys there, it looked like Leggo was trying to get the band back together in the front row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

'The Boys' is a term coined by Les Ferdinand earlier in the thread referring to the fact that at the Mania part last year, all the front row and best seats were taken by Irish indie wrestlers, mainly from MSW.

He was asking if they were getting special treatment, but it was proven to be a case of first come first served, and Les swiftly moved on from the topic. Not sure why this is still being talked about, I think srm23 is one of the boys having a laugh. :pac:

Advertisement