Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Blows Wrestling Parties: WrestleMania at Buskers On The Ball!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

congrats on the success of this once again Leggo!! hope the night goes brilliantly (as I am sure it will!) and I'll see you for the summerslam one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm disappointed that i can't go this year.

The first one was a fantastic night.

We got there round six last year to get some food and stayed there for the duration. I'm glad we did as we got some great seats at the bar right beside a tv. It was a long day but was well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

What time will Captain Americas let you pitch up for the evening?

Or do they mind, once you're steadily paying as the night goes on?

For the Rumble I got there about 8pm, pitched camp in the stage area and ordered food from the waiter managing the entrance. They were ony too happy despite their alarm that the wrasslin crowd were already in. :P

I can't remember the details but we weren't spending much money after the food until nearer the event but that didn't bother them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

For the Rumble I got there about 8pm, pitched camp in the stage area and ordered food from the waiter managing the entrance. They were ony too happy despite their alarm that the wrasslin crowd were already in. :P.

exactly what I did - as long as you pay for the food first they drop it up (steak is awesome), got a great spot - music started at 9, and for the rumble it gave me a chance to display the belt!

I would do the exactly same this time if I wasn't heading over to NY (sorry I haven't mentioned that in a while :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,684 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Cena to turn heel

Taker to lose the streak

Brock to beat HHH

You heard it hear first.

I'm off down to the bookies to put my house on it.

• Advertisement

Cena to turn heel

Taker to lose the streak

Brock to beat HHH

You heard it hear first.

I'm off down to the bookies to put my house on it.

Rock to turn heel

HHH and Brock have a 5-star match

Undertaker uses underhand tactic to beat Punk when rightfully he should've lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

stayed up all night frantically turning my room inside out to find the 8 tickets I bought for myself and my mates. Finally gave up at 7 or so this morning, figured id look for them in the morning.

woke up there about an hour ago, they were on my desk, except they were upside down. My room is destroyed, I'm talking all the clothes out of every drawer, books dvds etc just discarded around the place. Buuuuut thankfully I found them!

Mania also happens to fall on my birthday this year, which is always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,684 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

D.Q wrote: »
    stayed up all night frantically turning my room inside out to find the 8 tickets I bought for myself and my mates. Finally gave up at 7 or so this morning, figured id look for them in the morning.

woke up there about an hour ago, they were on my desk, except they were upside down. My room is destroyed, I'm talking all the clothes out of every drawer, books dvds etc just discarded around the place. Buuuuut thankfully I found them!

Mania also happens to fall on my birthday this year, which is always good.

collegesenior.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

You guys might enjoy this, myself and Angry Andy did up a one-off podcast with our picks for Mania and some old WWE nostalgia trips etc. I even snuck in a mention for boards.ie ;). It's available for free download anyway if you wanna listen when you're bored in work, studying etc.

http://soundcloud.com/raginrick/wwe-parties-ireland-special

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

leggo wrote: »
    Tickets are now sold out guys. Hope you got your hands on some if you're planning to go.

aaaaany chance at all there's a few spares lying around? Left it too late this time for tickets, ironically last time I bought 4 too many too :D

• Advertisement

Unfortunately not man, your best bet at this stage is to go onto the Facebook event and see if there's anyone who can't go for whatever reason now looking to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Leggo, this is a very rude question, so don't answer if you can't.
    How many tickets were sold for the event now that we know its an official sell out?

Total capacity for the night is 350. Funny since it's WrestleMania, but I believe it's gonna be an attendance record for Captain's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

My mates bailed on me for going so its looking like I've 4 tickets to sell :-/

Total capacity for the night is 350. Funny since it's WrestleMania, but I believe it's gonna be an attendance record for Captain's.

You HAVE to announce that on the night. In a real mean gene kinda way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

CMpunked wrote: »

Announce it as 93,350 :pac:

Haha love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Give yourselves a round of applause, as you have set a NEWWWWWW attendance record!

I suggest you make Liam O's day with that news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

You should check if they do these in 350's..would put the pyro's in the Metlife to shame

screen-shot-2012-05-08-at-3-31-21-pm.png

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Get a few sparklers aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Liam O wrote: »
    PM sent.

make him pay through the nose for those tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I suggest you make Liam O's day with that news.

Done and done! Have a great night guys! Wish I could be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

been looking forward to tomorrow night since about 5 minutes after Rock beat Cena. Gonna be a cracking night!

Just one last update for those who didn't see it on Facebook. Can't wait for this myself...we've kept a few surprises for the night quiet so I hope you like them. Hope everyone who can make it has a good one and everyone else enjoys Mania however they send it. But now, it's showtime!
    Alright guys, this time tomorrow #CaptainsMania2 will be in full swing!!!! Just a few notes ahead of
    • It will be TICKET ONLY as the event is sold out so please do not show up without a valid ticket as you won't be able to watch the PPV.
    • We're using the hashtag #CaptainsMania2 if you plan on tweeting during the event.
    • If you've arranged to collect tickets from WRESTLING MANIA, please ensure you do so before they close at 6pm. And help yourself to some t-shirts while you're there to support the guys, who do a great job for wrestling fans in Ireland!
    • Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. We recommend you arrive as close to 9pm as possible to ensure a good seat (though, as with the Rumble party, we're making alterations to the venue to ensure there are no bad seats).
    • Captain's delicious food will be served until late (with a restricted 'pub grub' menu until midnight approx). Be sure to ask bar staff about their current promotions, they always have great deals on jugs and cocktails! The bar will be open the majority of the PPV.
    • We'll be filming clips of the event for future use, so don't be shy if you see any cameras pointing in your direction!
    • Don't forget to play our WWE WrestleMania 29 Prediction Game if you haven't already!
    • Most importantly: ENJOY THE NIGHT! See you then guys!

What way was the seating different for the rumble compared to mania last year?

really looking forward to this. :D
    Captains specific question; Their 2 course menu, anyone know how much it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

i think it is 14 or 15 quid for the 2 course meal. Gonna get me some garlic bread and a cheese burger :D.

Can't remember what exactly was the deal for Mania (all I remember was that we didn't expect it to be that full so those considerations weren't even made because it took us completely by surprise; the initial hope was to just fill the Live area), but compared to what it's regularly like we'd implement small layout changes, like instead of having tables together there were more spread out so you could get more people in different groups seated together etc. Nothing particularly exciting but it lets us accommodate everyone while still keeping them seated and comfortable.

Not 100% on food/drink prices tbh, they change regularly (especially the drinks promos) so we just go with what they're running at the time. There are always some kind of offers on though, given that a lot of their day-to-day business comes from students (with Trinity around the corner), they have to keep fairly competitive rates so it works out well for us.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hopefully gonna be in Captains by 9/9:30 cant wait . Think im more excited about the atmosphere then the PPV ha

Advertisement