Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Blows Wrestling Parties: WrestleMania at Buskers On The Ball!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Haha true, that's why we're keeping it an opt-in thing. People can play if they want or just chill out and watch. Whatever works. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

How many tickets are left? In the market for 6 or 7 probably but wont know until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

leggo wrote: »
    Haha true, that's why we're keeping it an opt-in thing. People can play if they want or just chill out and watch. Whatever works. :)

yes, basic civil liberties of paying customers n all :P

my comment about the coma was more about the drinking games than the crowd. People were mighty drunk anyway!

Liam O wrote: »
    How many tickets are left? In the market for 6 or 7 probably but wont know until tomorrow.

Still some remaining. Don't have an exact figure right now but I'd be surprised if all of the rest sold tomorrow.
    yes, basic civil liberties of paying customers n all :P

Ah of course, I meant moreso that we won't make a 'thing' of it, just leave the rules on the table and everyone does what they want. No competition or prizes for it or anything like that, I'm not sure if we can legally encourage that level of drunkenness! :pac:

Still some remaining. Don't have an exact figure right now but I'd be surprised if all of the rest sold tomorrow.

Ah of course, I meant moreso that we won't make a 'thing' of it, just leave the rules on the table and everyone does what they want. No competition or prizes for it or anything like that, I'm not sure if we can legally encourage that level of drunkenness! :pac:

I bought 7 there earlier through paypal, may be coming back for a couple more though :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I bought two there - just paid a tenner on paypal? Is there anything else I need to do? Or just wait for the tickets to arrive in the e-mail account my paypal is associated with?

Yep! Just got all tickets sold thus far up to date and sent out so they should be with you now! :)

For anyone who's interested, I wrote up a preview of the PPV on Sunday for the sports betting blog that I now run.

http://theaccumulator.blogspot.ie/2013/01/wwe-royal-rumble-picks-special.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

For anyone who's interested, I wrote up a preview of the PPV on Sunday for the sports betting blog that I now run.

http://theaccumulator.blogspot.ie/2013/01/wwe-royal-rumble-picks-special.html

was a very good read man fair play!

I don't think they will give miz the belt though - I think they are building for the return of the all american american!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I would like to see Jack Swagger come back and take the belt from Antonio Cesaro actually, but I think I'd prefer to see The Miz take it on Sunday. I don't see it happening though really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Bought two tickets there leggo. My mate isn't off work til 11 on Sunday will we be alright for a seat around then??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ahh i really wanted to go to this but with my friends birthday the night before funds will be tight . Hopefully i can round a few up for WM

ciano316 wrote: »
    Bought two tickets there leggo. My mate isn't off work til 11 on Sunday will we be alright for a seat around then??

Good stuff. You'll be grand to get in etc. Can't guarantee anything in terms of seating since it's all first-come, first-served. But Captain's have told me that there's 80-odd tables there which should be enough to seat all 300. Just don't want to promise you one thing and then something else happens. Should be alright though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hmm, what about #DubRumble?

The shorter the better, I like this one!

I got the ticket email there but the "inline image" is corrupted or something? Is the reference number what you need or what's the story? I assume the image is supposed to be the ticket but I've tried on 2 browsers and it's not coming up, the tickets are also under my Dad's name as I was using his paypal, that a problem?

We're getting that a lot this time around, for some reason (I'll have it sorted for Mania). Just to clarify, the way we work it is that we keep a record of all tickets sold at the door and tick people off as they arrive (with the ticket and reference no used as verification). So if people show up with what they have, it's still good. It's also why it's important that people don't share their tickets/verification no's around.

Ordered two more there for friends!

Really looking forward to this. Thought it would be a meetup with boardsies on this forum, but only realising the scale of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Looking like any tickets on the door? Some of us don't have paypal :mad: :(

Reckon there'll be 40-50 left for sale at the door for early birds on the night, but can't guarantee anything. You'll know both here and on the event page on the day, though. We stop taking Paypal bookings on the Sunday to give people that guaranteed advance notice.

Apologies Paypal doesn't suit everyone, it's next to impossible to find a way that does. We sold physical tickets for Mania and were asked to sell online so people who couldn't travel to Dublin beforehand could attend, Ticketmaster have a lot of hoops that you need to jump through that make them unsuitable for smaller scale events like this, and I don't feel comfortable dealing with the privacy issues of having people's credit card details, so Paypal are the best compromise. My only concern re: ticket sales is finding the best means of pleasing most people.

Don't quote me on this (as, right now, all I'm focused on is the Rumble) but I'm looking into doing both physical ticket sales and Paypal for Mania. Like I said, though, that's unconfirmed as there's a lot of organising to do between now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Like someone said above my ticket image is corrupted. Will I just print off the email and show up?

• Advertisement

Yep, just bring what you have and we'll tick you off the list we have as you arrive! Long as your name, reference no etc is there you're set. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

You know, judging from previous PPV shows I've come to since the Mania one you started, you would probably get away with charging like €10 for the Captains Live section and put it as VIP, only problem I see with this is any competition or game you do to give out prizes is from the stage your setup on, not to mention the DJing but if you went down that route, my self and my mates are more than happy to pay €10 to have the big screen to watch it on, not that there is anything wrong with watching it on the other screens

Hmm, thanks for the suggestion, it's something to think about.

To be honest, I wouldn't really look for more money out of it. I love doing these, personally, even if the party only breaks even and I personally don't earn a penny from it (as was the case with Survivor Series; and even with bigger nights like this, I usually end up just putting the money earned after expenses back into future parties). I'd prefer to keep it good value and good quality. If I was to up the price, I'd only do so if we were offering something extra to people of major value (and if people were still able to opt for the €5 option, as you suggested).

We've got big plans to evolve the parties, though. Watch this space! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Paypal is so easy to set up it has to be the best option.

All you need is a bank account and if you don't have a bank account please PM me so I can call round your house, pretend I need to use your loo and sneak off to take the money from under the mattress.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

That could be tricky to organise, what with people turning up early, and moving chairs etc - could end up being more effort for the lads and I am sure they put so much effort into these already - don't want to give them extra work!

Yeah, like I don't mind adding extra work personally as we've a strong team setup at this stage, but I hear that and I think: extra security would be needed to check people in and out as they went to the bar/bathroom, and it could become a bit like Oxegen etc with people stopping you at checkpoints every 10 steps. Whereas I like the free-form, relaxed atmosphere there is now and think €5 is solid value wherever you're sitting in the venue (especially when it's packed, as it will be Sunday).

Currently I think it's like a big get together with mates, except you've got a full bar of food, a restaurant, DJ to play music and get some atmosphere going, plus TV everyone likes (because they've all picked it) on in the background before the show. Then the additional stuff like giveaways etc to make it that bit special. And that's exactly what I want it to be.

But it is a valid point that the Live area is the place to be. For now, first-come, first-served is the fairest way, but it's something I'll look to sort out one way or another (I already have one vague idea). These parties are still in their relative infancy, so we kinda have to learn as we go the best way and are completely open to feedback and suggestions as to how we can do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

jaykhunter wrote: »
    The shorter the better, I like this one!

Yeah, #DubRumble it is, then.

What exactly is the Live Area? Is it just an area right in front of the main screen - anything else nice about it? How early do people have to arrive to get there?

Are there drinks promos?

• Advertisement

What exactly is the Live Area? Is it just an area right in front of the main screen - anything else nice about it? How early do people have to arrive to get there?

Pretty much. The music is also in there so, while you can hear it in the main restaurant, you get the lion's share of the pre-show atmosphere in there. But, like I said, if you're not there you can still hear the music/banter and the classic matches will be on all screens anyway. If you're there for 9pm you should get a spot there: it seats 120.
    Liam O wrote: »
    Are there drinks promos?

Whatever Captain's usual drinks promos are (they change from time-to-time; usually stuff like 3 Heinekens for €10 and they do deals on jugs/cocktails etc. Tbh I don't have what the current one's are to hand but just ask at the bar and they'll let you know).

Advertisement