Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Good turnout I guess considering its Monday night ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 jdawson

Monday night and it only being the first round of the League Cup meant it'd be a small enough crowd, I thought there'd be more at it still though. Very good entertainment for those that went. It could've been 7 or 8 nil tonight, we had a goal disallowed, and could've had another peno. Dominated the game without ever hitting top gear.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lads any one know or have an app that actually gives team line up erics for LOI and not just full time scores?
    City use ClubApp for updates and give lineups plus subs for City only, if that's any use.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,437 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Anything between 1250 and 1500 would have been considered a quite a good crowd, so 1000 is certainly a good enough crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

jdawson wrote: »
    Monday night and it only being the first round of the League Cup meant it'd be a small enough crowd, I thought there'd be more at it still though. Very good entertainment for those that went. It could've been 7 or 8 nil tonight, we had a goal disallowed, and could've had another peno. Dominated the game without ever hitting top gear.

hit the post too, the peno seemed a bit of a gift from my view though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Very good display from us last night, all 1 way traffic. Dominated the game and should've been out of sight by half time if it wasn't for their keeper. Decent enough crowd for a Monday game but I have no idea why they're charging the full €15 for a first round cup game....

Anyways, that Marc McNulty chant is just genius!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Very good display from us last night, all 1 way traffic. Dominated the game and should've been out of sight by half time if it wasn't for their keeper. Decent enough crowd for a Monday game but I have no idea why they're charging the full €15 for a first round cup game....

15e for last night was awful.

Tenner was plenty. There was offer of tenner in last night if you bought Ticket for Pats game which I got Friday night.

Dont think I would have went if I did not get discount.

I know its only a fiver extra, but still....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Don't sell McNulty???

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

I know its only a fiver extra, but still.....

Every little helps,,,,,,,,i love bringing the kids to the game but for a peoples club those prices are crazy? a cup game in all fairness but well done city yer on the right track ,,,,well on the pitch anyhow's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

As far as I know, the FAI sets all prices for League Cup and FAI cup games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

I know its only a fiver extra, but still.....

Every little helps,,,,,,,,i love bringing the kids to the game but for a peoples club those prices are crazy? a cup game in all fairness but well done city yer on the right track ,,,,well on the pitch anyhow's

To be fair, there's been a big push for good value tickets so far this season. Family tickets (two adults and two children) can be bought from the club shop in Douglas before matchday for €32. Tickets for the first four matches were on Groupon a week or two ago for half price (only €16 for families) and, as mentioned, the Cup tickets were on sale for a tenner if bought at the Pats game. I'd say we took the hit on our percentage of the gate, as Limerick probably wouldn't have been too happy with us selling discounted tickets.

It was a decent enough crowd the other night. Good to break the four figures. Last time we were at home for the first round (Wexford in 2012), we had half that crowd. Hopefully we can keep it up throughout the season. There's a good buzz, and we're getting plenty of good publicity in the media. Fans are doing a good job, by spreading the word, too. We should be getting 3,000+ for Bray. It'd be great if we could average about 3,000, with another 5,000+ attendance and a few 4,000+ ones throughout the season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

When is the Bray game?

What is the Mcnulty chant?

kcb wrote: »
    When is the Bray game?

21st March

Danny Murphy has left the club.

Great servant to the club and City Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

i wonder what has happened with danny what a time to go,,makes you wonder whats going on behind closed doors,,,,,,lets hope no other issue's pop up

i wonder what has happened with danny what a time to go,,makes you wonder whats going on behind closed doors,,,,,,lets hope no other issue's pop up

By his twitter dont think its anything other then fact he is not going get games and maybe wants move on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

By his twitter dont think its anything other then fact he is not going get games and maybe wants move on

I asked in the other thread i wonder will he be the next LOI star too pop up down Avondale

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

Can't be certain,but i read somewhere that Danny has a full time job,perhaps that had influence on his decision,sad to see him go though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

mr bungle. wrote: »
    Can't be certain,but i read somewhere that Danny has a full time job,perhaps that had influence on his decision,sad to see him go though

He does and also coach's Crofton (MSL Div 2) 2 nights a week so he wouldnt be stuck for a bob.

I asked in the other thread i wonder will he be the next LOI star too pop up down Avondale

He could well be lad. Hard to know really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

He'll be missed, great servant to City. Maybe he just saw that, with the young players coming through, that it was an appropriate time to call it quits. I hope whatever he does from here on in goes well for him.

• Advertisement

Sad to see Danny go, a true club legend for us.
    gimmick wrote: »
    Don't sell McNulty???
    kcb wrote: »
    What is the Mcnulty chant?

"Marc McNulty Baby!" to "Don't you love me baby" by the Human League

Sad to see Danny go, a true club legend for us.

"Marc McNulty Baby!" to "Don't you love me baby" by the Human League

I think its crap, but hey what do I know.........

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

He does and also coach's Crofton (MSL Div 2) 2 nights a week so he wouldnt be stuck for a bob.

Didn't know that about crofton,i suppose he has enough to be at so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Soho will have the game on tmr in their "VIP area". Free pint of Carlsberg and nibbles as well apparently.

Crazy day of footy tmr.

coverage just started on rte2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,437 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

What a fantastic away win. We have a very good record up there.

Pitch was pure shíte.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Pitch was pure shíte.

Awful pity when the game was getting tv coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

The pitch was impossible. Derry played into our hands. We have a very big and physical side and the bombarded our all 6'2" plus defence. Great win as we're going to do well this year. We won this game without our 3 first choice strikers and a recognised left back.

That was a great win away to Derry. Thought we played alright considering the pitch was woeful but it was a poor game. Bonus that Roddy's shocking form continues whenever he plays us.

• Advertisement

get in!!!!

great result

Advertisement