Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I know results and new management have been big plus, but whoever is doing the marketing and promotional work deserve huge credit too.

I can never remember bar title deciders and European games where you would have to worry about getting ticket in advance.

Will get mine tomorrow when in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Tickets also in UCC, 10 euro

Tickets also in UCC, 10 euro

hmmm I wonder do you need ID? might just stroll down take a chance of getting one with 50% off:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

hmmm I wonder do you need ID? might just stroll down take a chance of getting one with 50% off:P

Leave us know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

You can do all the marketing in the world, but if the results are poor people will not come through the gates. Results are the best marketing CCFC have ever had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

It's a combination of things. If we won every game, we'd get big crowds week in week out, but we have limited control how we do in matches. At least with marketing, we can dictate how it's organising. The billboards, the videos, the posters etc. - I have no doubt that all these add awareness and add to the gate. Every little helps.

If we could do something to sell more season tickets for future seasons, we'd be doing very well. Even if we went through a bad run, we'd still be able to maintain a good average. Portsmouth had a big marketing campaign prior to this English league season. Despite being relegated last year, their season ticket sales increased 5%. They're at a similar average as when they were in the second tier and their smallest attendance this season is bigger than their average from last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

Bought my ticket earlier.

Don't fancy that queue on Friday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Bought my ticket earlier.

Don't fancy that queue on Friday.

Buy a season ticket and you'd never have to queue again.*

*Except for cup and other non league matches of course

Mate got my "Student" ticket today.

I know im miserable man for saving fiver, but will pay for chipper on way home.:)

Anyway cant wait for Friday. Great thing about being in the city im only 15 minute walk away. Not used to being this close to team I support.

used to live 2 minutes from Bohs but going to those games is not same.

I know im miserable man for saving fiver, but will pay for chipper on way home.:)

Anyway cant wait for Friday. Great thing about being in the city im only 15 minute walk away. Not used to being this close to team I support.

Did he need student I.D?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

What times were they selling? I popped in but it was late round 4.

Gonna go back in tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Just another heads up folks, if possible get your tickets early for tomorrow night. Club shop have to get more tickets in, they sold out this morning, so this could easily be a sell out on the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

What time do the ticket booths open on Friday?

I would almost put my mortgage on the KO being delayed by 10-15 minutes again. Just like every other big game that was ever in Turners Cross.

Ticket booths usually open at 6 I think.

But why not avoid any risk by going to ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

The club shop sold out of its allocation today. That is extremely early. Apparently, they'll have more later, but if I hadn't got my season ticket, I'd be getting edgy now.

The club shop sold out of its allocation today. That is extremely early. Apparently, they'll have more later, but if I hadn't got my season ticket, I'd be getting edgy now.

Soho also expect to be sold out of their allocation by the end of the day, however many they got, 200/300??

CHealy wrote: »
    Soho also expect to be sold out of their allocation by the end of the day, however many they got, 200/300??

They're sold out now. They expect to have more by the end of the day too.

They're sold out now. They expect to have more by the end of the day too.

Beergarden also sold out

Club shop in Douglas has some

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Club shop in Douglas has some

I think they only just got more in the last hour.

• Advertisement

I think they only just got more in the last hour.

Yup and the man on the phone said they were hoping too get more too beer garden later but they aren't sure will they

Will the Beer Garden have more tomorrow I wonder?

kcb wrote: »
    Will the Beer Garden have more tomorrow I wonder?

The lad begind the bar wasn't sure neither was the club shop as he said it's pushing a sell out!

I cannot ever remember an early season game having this much demand. Good times and great for the clubs coffers as well.

Just hope Shams' "element" behave themselves.

gimmick wrote: »
    I cannot ever remember an early season game having this much demand. Good times and great for the clubs coffers as well.

Just hope Shams' "element" behave themselves.
    Well the Garda are well ontop of the publicans. Talking too a few down there and they said if we want pre match beer get in there early

Did he need student I.D?

He was not asked anyway
    What times were they selling? I popped in but it was late round 4.

Gonna go back in tomorrow

Say he got them around lunchtime yesterday

Do I remember correctly that Shamrock played a "home" game v Cork City at Turners Cross a few years ago?

Well the Garda are well ontop of the publicans. Talking too a few down there and they said if we want pre match beer get in there early

There is a new Sergeant on the scene and by all accounts he is an unreasonable jobsworth.

kcb wrote: »
    Do I remember correctly that Shamrock played a "home" game v Cork City at Turners Cross a few years ago?

The game where the famous "This is not a halting site" banner got a showing.

• Advertisement

Hopefully it stays dry now

Advertisement