Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Used to go to a fair few, mainly Rovers/Bohs/shels, not being on the road for a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Odd Dublin game and plenty of Waterford and Cobh once. Also went to Cyprus. Would have loved a Derry game, great laugh with them in Cork. I dont think Ive been to an away match since we were relegated. Wife and child and everything changes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Have been too Waterford bohs pats shel's back in the day. We were close too going too derry 1 day too but decided against it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I go to most of them work permitting. Theres actually a mate of mine running a bus to Athlone on Friday if anyone is interested, it is a drinking bus so if thats not your cup of tea I wouldnt book it, €25 straight back after the game but we usually stop off somewhere on the way down for a few pints. Message me if you want to book seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

The motorway has really made travelling to away matches on the eastern half of the country a lot easier. You'd be able to drive to Tallaght in not much longer than two hours and Inchicore about two and a half. The rest of Dublin and Athlone are doable in less than three hours (depending on traffic). Beats having to leave Cork at lunchtime to make kick off. The GoBÉ and Aircoach have really helped, too. The lack of non-stop and (especially) late night buses in the past really limited your options if you didn't have a car and there was no supporters' bus going.

If there was ever a motorway to Limerick, we'd be flying. Limerick in less than an hour, Galway in less than two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,064 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    The motorway has really made travelling to away matches on the eastern half of the country a lot easier. You'd be able to drive to Tallaght in not much longer than two hours and Inchicore about two and a half. The rest of Dublin and Athlone are doable in less than three hours (depending on traffic). Beats having to leave Cork at lunchtime to make kick off. The GoBÉ and Aircoach have really helped, too. The lack of non-stop and (especially) late night buses in the past really limited your options if you didn't have a car and there was no supporters' bus going.

If there was ever a motorway to Limerick, we'd be flying. Limerick in less than an hour, Galway in less than two.

Its kinda funny that you could be in Dublin nearly before you are in Limerick.

Parts of the route to Limerick are dangerous especially around Buttevent either side and just after Charleville for a stretch

Paz-CCFC wrote: »

Tallaght is actually ideal, for the Setanta Semi up there on a Tuesday last year, I left work at 5, was on the Dunkettle Roundabout for quarter past, was in the Maldron across from the stadium by 7, and home after the game by about half 11. Easy as it gets.

CHealy wrote: »
    Tallaght is actually ideal, for the Setanta Semi up there on a Tuesday last year, I left work at 5, was on the Dunkettle Roundabout for quarter past, was in the Maldron across from the stadium by 7, and home after the game by about half 11. Easy as it gets.
    Ya when ever I visit friends in Dublin I allways say I'll see them around Drimnagh tallaght area. Easy too get too.

Surely the motor way too limerick and Galway is only a matter of time?

3 points tonight please!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Goal just before ht and straight after sees us 2-0 up with our only 2 shots on target!

• Advertisement

Athlone 0-3 Cork City Kearney with 3rd.

Roll on next week!

Marky Sull ment too have played a stormer! Roll on Rovers next week!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Marky Sull ment too have played a stormer! Roll on Rovers next week!

The 1 game I always really look forward to...and I can't make it...fúkin gutted:mad:

4,000+ next week?

4,000+ next week?

Banker! I reckon sell out won't be far off!

I reckon it will be closer to the 5k mark, with a nice evening it could be the biggest crowd of the year.

A good result last night to get a 3-0 win. We started poorly and for the first 20 minutes or so, it was all Athlone. We could barely string a pass together in their half of the pitch and they were given a lot of time on the ball. They had four corners before we had one. But, then we started to turn things around and did well to score just before half time. The goal right after half time really deflated Athlone, as it was all City after that. They never really looked like scoring. Kearney did well for our third, and we really could have scored another two or three. We had a free kick late on, when Billy Dennehy took it quickly, which Darren would have gotten on the end of six yards from goal, but he was pulled back by an Athlone defender. Should've been a penalty (and probably a red card, too, for denying a clear goal-scoring opporunity), but the ref probably wasn't going to give it when we were 3-0 up. Shame, as it would have put us top on goal difference. I'm glad that we played Athlone early on. They'll only get better as the season goes on, and I can see them nicking points in games against bigger teams here and there. If they can do what they did in the first 20 minutes last night for longer in games, they'll start to pick up points and kick start their season. It'll be very tough to stay up, though.

Rovers on Friday is absolutely massive now. If it's a nice day, then I think it'll be close to a sell out. It would take horrendous weather for there to be less than 5,000, I think. If I weren't a season ticket holder, I'd be getting my ticket before matchday. You can get them in the club shop in Douglas, Soho in town or the Beer Garden out by the Cross. At the very least, it'll save you from having to queue twice for the ticket and then to get in. At most, it'll save you from being turned away in the case of a full house.

Think better get there early too if want nice seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Get a season ticket and you can turn up when you want and your seat is waiting for you ;)

gimmick wrote: »
    Get a season ticket and you can turn up when you want and your seat is waiting for you ;)

How many season ticket holders at City?

I presume all the reserved seats are in Donnie Ford ya?

Was very tempted to get one, but I might be back in Dublin before end of year so was kinda unsure.

Can I just ask does season ticket include Cup, League Cup and MSL games?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

http://youtu.be/7EJ0-cPDUlY

Promo for the shamrock rovers game. I may have had a hand in it ;) share it wide!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Was very tempted to get one, but I might be back in Dublin before end of year so was kinda unsure.

No idea.

Yes.

No, no, and no.

;);):D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Only about 600 afaik. Which is pretty pathetic tbh. Not sure what the club can do about it though as they ahve tried plenty offers but no huge uptake.

Ya, all the reserved in the the DF. I have had the same seat since 2006 and cannot ever see myself moving from it. Perfect location in section B3 at the back.

They only include league matches, but if you have a reserved seat that will still be yours for all home games.

You can still buy a partial season ticket at a pro rata rate I think. You certainly could in previous seasons anyway.

Only about 600 afaik. Which is pretty pathetic tbh. Not sure what the club can do about it though as they ahve tried plenty offers but no huge uptake.

I dont know what it is really. I've been going out to the Cross since I was a wee lad, and never once have I had a season ticket, and I dont miss alot of games. I watch all the games with the same 5/6 lads every season, and only one has a season ticket, and he only got one for the first time this year. Strange I know.

On last Fridays game, was a great 3-0 result when we didnt play so well. The second goal after the break really killed off the tie and we were cruising from then. Kearney changed the game when he came on. Next Friday is huge already, my head is saying take the draw and beat Limerick on the Monday night, but my heart is saying fu*k that we have to beating everyone at home. Hopefully a crowd of 5000+.

Ya, all the reserved in the the DF. I have had the same seat since 2006 and cannot ever see myself moving from it. Perfect location in section B3 at the back.

They only include league matches, but if you have a reserved seat that will still be yours for all home games.

You can still buy a partial season ticket at a pro rata rate I think. You certainly could in previous seasons anyway.

in this day and age though 600 is not too shabby if honest. I actually thought it would be less.

I would be very interested in ST if it included Cup Games, but I dont want to put my hand in pocket after throwing lump sum out in first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

in this day and age though 600 is not too shabby if honest. I actually thought it would be less.

I would be very interested in ST if it included Cup Games, but I dont want to put my hand in pocket after throwing lump sum out in first place.
    It's impossible to price the cup games into the ST as you don't know how many games you'll have. You could have 8 and you could have 0. What it does give you though is first option on tickets if a non league game was to sell out, which has happened on occasion and the ST has been invaluable then.

It's impossible to price the cup games into the ST as you don't know how many games you'll have. You could have 8 and you could have 0. What it does give you though is first option on tickets if a non league game was to sell out, which has happened on occasion and the ST has been invaluable then.

And it adds a bit of confusion re splitting the gate with the the other club.

What can be done, though (and has been, in the past), is including the first European game in the ST, if we qualified. We can guarantee at least one home game there and there's no issue with splitting it.

On tickets, if you plan on going to the game on Friday it might be best to buy tickets in advance. Huge crowds expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,210 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

CHealy wrote: »
    On tickets, if you plan on going to the game on Friday it might be best to buy tickets in advance. Huge crowds expected.

Where can they be got? Im not sure if I'm going to be in main stand or with Shams fans(cousin is one of them). Can ya get tix for Shams end like normal?

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Where can they be got? Im not sure if I'm going to be in main stand or with Shams fans(cousin is one of them). Can ya get tix for Shams end like normal?

Tickets can be got at the club shop in Douglas, Soho on Grand Parade, or the Beer Garden in Turners Cross. In relation to tickets for the away end, normally I'd say just walk up, but because this is such a big game and there will be alot of travelling supporters, I'd say drop them a mail first.

Advertisement