Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

1661295_758274524184242_505989575_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Thats up on the billboards at musgrave park closest too woodys too

3 or 4 thousand might be at opening game. What do ye think?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,345 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Totally depends on the weather. There is a lot of rain forecast for the weekend - if we got a sunny spring evening I would expect 4000-4500 but I think anywhere near 3000 will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Totally depends on the weather. There is a lot of rain forecast for the weekend - if we got a sunny spring evening I would expect 4000-4500 but I think anywhere near 3000 will be good.

Weather is predicted to be fine for next weekend, no incoming storms anyway which is good.

Last season our first home game was against Bohs, we had a boring Dublin manager, a less than avarage team and there wasnt an ounce of buzz around the place. There was 2800 at that game.

This season we have a club legend in as boss, I'd put it as a higher than average team with a few top signings and from talking to people in work/down the pub there is definitely a bit of excitement building for this. The club are a million times more proactive this season putting up billboards, Groupon deals, more communication on social media, so I would be very very disappointed if we didnt break 4000

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Am I the only one who thinks the groupon deal is stupid, especially for the SPA game? Groupon take 50% of the price, which means adult tickets will earn the club €3.25!

And lets not kid ourselves that regulars will still pay the regular €15. If I didnt have a season ticket I would avail of the offer. many others will as well.

By all means do it for some nobodies like UCD or Bray and put the price at €10 maybe, but for SPA on the opening day? Daft.

gimmick wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks the groupon deal is stupid, especially for the SPA game? Groupon take 50% of the price, which means adult tickets will earn the club €3.25!

And lets not kid ourselves that regulars will still pay the regular €15. If I didnt have a season ticket I would avail of the offer. many others will as well.

By all means do it for some nobodies like UCD or Bray and put the price at €10 maybe, but for SPA on the opening day? Daft.

Deal was for the first 4 home games iirc, and it was a fantastic offer to get people to Turners Cross. The club are doomed if they do and doomed if they dont with some people.

The club is doomed if they allow people in for €3.25.

We made a huge loss last year, and letting people in for less that €5 is stupid.

I have a lot of issues with the horrendous mismanagement of the club. So many heads should roll, starting with the idiot who allowed 78% of the foras membership go unpaid last year.

The SPA game could be a cash cow. Instead there might be more bums on seats, but for €3.25 what difference will it make?

The club is doomed if they allow people in for €3.25.

We made a huge loss last year, and letting people in for less that €5 is stupid.

I have a lot of issues with the horrendous mismanagement of the club. So many heads should roll, starting with the idiot who allowed 78% of the foras membership go unpaid last year.

The SPA game could be a cash cow. Instead there might be more bums on seats, but for €3.25 what difference will it make?

I agree 100% with you on some of the management issues but I dont think anyone could have predicted the disaster that was last year.

Instead of looking at the SPA game as a cash cow, why not see it as an opportunity to build for the coming season. If we get 10 new people through the gate next Friday who will come back on a regular basis, thats a success in my eyes.

From my own side, I know plenty of City fans who have fallen off the block the last few years who have said to me they are coming back. I've had three separate people in work mention the City game on Friday to me cause of the billboards or the Groupon deal, these people have never stepped foot in TC.

Fair enough. I just think the timing is horrid for it.
    Instead of looking at the SPA game as a cash cow, why not see it as an opportunity to build for the coming season.

IMO. The LOI does not work that way. You have to make hay, absolutely have to. You and me both know all it will take is a proper tonking by SPA and people will not bother again, regardless of whether they got a €7.50 ticket or a €15 one.

Look at the 2010 season. 4000+ at the first game Vs Waterford. Taht fell to 3000 the following game, then attendences tumbled from there on in. Still decent in LOI terms mind.

When there is an initial buzz, get the money in. It will be much needed come the latter half of the season.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. I just think the timing is horrid for it.

IMO. The LOI does not work that way. You have to make hay, absolutely have to. You and me both know all it will take is a proper tonking by SPA and people will not bother again, regardless of whether they got a €7.50 ticket or a €15 one.

Look at the 2010 season. 4000+ at the first game Vs Waterford. Taht fell to 3000 the following game, then attendences tumbled from there on in. Still decent in LOI terms mind.

When there is an initial buzz, get the money in. It will be much needed come the latter half of the season.

When you put it that way I can see where your coming from, I suppose we'll just have to see how next Friday goes. Bar it pissing down with rain and getting smashed by Pats, which is very possible, hopefully it'll be a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

1661295_758274524184242_505989575_n.jpg

Polo collars out over the sweater isin't doesn't quite match the "Ready" look they were going for!?

Best of luck to City for the season.

The League of Ireland is still a mess by the look of it and the individual clubs are no better. nothing will change unless the whole thing is scrapped and started again with franchises and proper FAI investment.

kcb wrote: »

The League of Ireland is still a mess by the look of it and the individual clubs are no better. nothing will change unless the whole thing is scrapped and started again with franchises and proper FAI investment.

Franchises. BITE.

Re the FAI, the came in a few years back to save the LOI and made it an even bigger fúck up that it already was. So the less involvement from that shower of morons, the better.

nothing will change unless the whole thing is scrapped and started again with franchises and proper FAI investment.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Billboards are fantastic to be honest, however I'm staggered that they didn't use the home jersey. Both for 1. It's the home jersey! and 2. It's against a white background, and they use white jerseys. Baffled.

Corholio wrote: »
    Billboards are fantastic to be honest, however I'm staggered that they didn't use the home jersey. Both for 1. It's the home jersey! and 2. It's against a white background, and they use white jerseys. Baffled.

Home jersey was not available for the deadline to submit the picture for the billboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

We got a handy 3-1 win away to Waterford in the MSC during the weekend. We played quite well, from what people are saying, and there was a good enough travelling support. Home to Douglas Hall, who beat Ramblers, in the semi-final. I'd say it'll probably be played in Bishopstown or else home advantage will be given to Douglas. Though, the MFA did have us play a semi at the Cross a few years ago. Hopefully we can win this - any bit of silverware is good.

The buzz is building for Pats, now. It's match-week; only a few more days until kick off. Can't wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭kksaints

Lads Is it still the 203 from Patrick's Street to Turners Cross? How do ye think the match will go?

kksaints wrote: »
    Lads Is it still the 203 from Patrick's Street to Turners Cross? How do ye think the match will go?

Ya 203.

It could go either way. Good buzz in Cork, but Pats are the team to beat in the league. Fahy is major plus for ye this year. He be head and shoulders abover any player in league.

If had put life on line I say draw, but really wont be surprised if either team wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭kksaints

Ya 203.

It could go either way. Good buzz in Cork, but Pats are the team to beat in the league. Fahy is major plus for ye this year. He be head and shoulders abover any player in league.

If had put life on line I say draw, but really wont be surprised if either team wins.
    Our midfield looked quality on Sunday until they got tired, defence is slightly weaker with Oman a bit worse then Kenna. Fagan up front on his own is a slight worry. Our bench is stronger then last year.

Where do you think ye will finish? I would say 5th and possibly top 4 if any of Us, Dundalk, Sligo or Shams slip up badly.

kksaints wrote: »
    Our midfield looked quality on Sunday until they got tired, defence is slightly weaker with Oman a bit worse then Kenna. Fagan up front on his own is a slight worry. Our bench is stronger then last year.

Where do you think ye will finish? I would say 5th and possibly top 4 if any of Us, Dundalk, Sligo or Shams slip up badly.

We should be trying to at least make top 4, but I think around 5th is most likely.

Would love a good run in Cup and get to Lansdowne for Final.

We've a few injuries, which have me worried about the game. Danny Morrissey and Rafter. Two big goal threats and they'd have given us the option to go three up top if we needed a goal as the game went on. I'm not convinced about our defence. If we don't perform up front, we're f*cked. I'd be delighted with a draw.

Still buzzing for it, though. We should be looking for at least 4,000 - anything less would be disappointing, given the build up and marketing campaign. Should be a very good atmosphere. Hopefully, that'll help the lads push on.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

the very best of luck lads this game will depend on the back 4 getting it right this season,,,,lads up front have no fear ,,,midfield has plenty of heart its the back 4 who have to grow a pair and man up this term,,,,be tough have a backbone,,,,,,come on city give it some

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

the very best of luck lads this game will depend on the back 4 getting it right this season,,,,lads up front have no fear ,,,midfield has plenty of heart its the back 4 who have to grow a pair and man up this term,,,,be tough have a backbone,,,,,,come on city give it some

The selection will be crucial in this game. The best CB performance in pre-season was from Darren Murphy, but he'd be listed as a midfielder. Andy O'Connell has been converted to a CB and looks very composed. I still have concerns about the defence, however. Pats have an excellent midfield, but ours is flooded with talent too. If we could get close to breaking even it could be a major factor. Brian Lenihan will hopefully get the nod on the right as he has looked incredible in pre-season. Elding is great and Mark O'Sullivan has really impressed up front. We're short up top, but we'll still start with a strong front 2. It could go either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

the sun has come out just in time...!

Should be a huge crowd at the Cross?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 jdawson

the sun has come out just in time...!

Should be a huge crowd at the Cross?
    Massive I'd say, there's huge interest in it. Pats will be traveling in good numbers too.

Tickets for the Cup match against Limerick on Monday will be on sale tonight for a fiver cheaper. Down from 15 to 10.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,345 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The sun is out, the lift is organised and I can taste the pint in the horseshoe already, can't wait!

• Advertisement

5,322 att tonight.

Very good although thought might have been few hundred more. Ok performance still lack a creative player

Advertisement