Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭sheao

Bray are a real bunch of cheats. We all knew about Darren Quigley, but Adam Mitchell went down as if he was hit by a train to get Gearoid sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Nine points from the last four matches isn't bad. Especially as two of those wins came from teams who were above us in the league.

A bit of a rest for the lads, now, and hopefully another win up in Dalymount. We haven't beaten them in Dayler (or in a competitive match full stop) since 2009. We'll have to put that right.
    sheao wrote: »
    Bray are a real bunch of cheats. We all knew about Darren Quigley, but Adam Mitchell went down as if he was hit by a train to get Gearoid sent off.

We'll have to add him to the list, alongsided Gannon and Quigley. Poor old Darren looked very down from the abuse he was getting.

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Nine points from the last four matches isn't bad. Especially as two of those wins came from teams who were above us in the league.

A bit of a rest for the lads, now, and hopefully another win up in Dalymount. We haven't beaten them in Dayler (or in a competitive match full stop) since 2009. We'll have to put that right.

We'll have to add him to the list, alongsided Gannon and Quigley. Poor old Darren looked very down from the abuse he was getting.

Yeah he did alright . He deserved everything that was directed towards him last night after what happened in June.

Its been too long since we have won in Dalymount.
    At least for the Bohs game we hopefully will have Healy and Dunleavy back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is there a cup game friday night?

Is there a cup game friday night?

The cup quarter finals are on, but they will not include City.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sheao wrote: »
    The cup quarter finals are on, but they will not include City.

Oh Right I was looking at the fixture list and it has cup quarter finals on it

Oh Right I was looking at the fixture list and it has cup quarter finals on it

Sadly Rovers ended our hopes of winning the cup for this year when we got beaten in Tallaght a few weeks ago. Enough has been said about this already, but it was an absolute disgrace that the FAI could not allow our game with Bray to be moved to the Friday night after both clubs requested this .

Next up for City is Bohs away in Dalymount followed by Sligo at home.

We're playing UCC at the Mardyke on Saturday at half ten in the morning. Just a friendly to keep the lads ticking over 'til the Bohs match.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Another draw!! We were one up, but I'd have settled for a point beforehand.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Draw against Sligo - another draw.....glad of it though.

• Advertisement

Should've won it, to be honest. So unlucky that Kalen's header didn't go in and Duggan scuffed a brilliant chance at the very end. Still, a point isn't too bad, and we're back up to 5th.

We were 2 nil up away to shels at ht.

We lost 3-2.

Unreal stuff

F*ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭snottybridge

Have 3 complimentary tickets for tonights game,cant make it to game, anyone want them,collect only,im living just around the corner from ground.

Would love to , but I can't go myself:(

Ended up with a very comfortable 3-0 win.

We could still finish the season with a European place. Derry to win the cup would be a nice end of season present!

Finish the season with a loss, but we still qualify for the Setanta Cup. Happy with that.

Season could have went a whole lot better had we not had so many draws - allowing teams back into too many games. Still, finished ahead of shels, back to back years doing that. Looking forward to a hat-trick and maybe a couple of places higher next year.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Season could have went a whole lot better had we not had so many draws - allowing teams back into too many games. Still, finished ahead of shels, back to back years doing that. Looking forward to a hat-trick and maybe a couple of places higher next year.

Will you be quiet before the Shels fans from the Football Forum descend on this thread! We want to keep the Dubs out of the Cork City section, not do our best to reel 'em in!

The season is starting again Friday week. City at home to Pats. New manager in John Caulfield and some new good players. Caulfield comes across very well in interviews, I think. He's City through and through, so hopefully he can instill his passion into the players. Buzzing for the new season, now. Hopefully, it'll be a good one.

The club are currently offering discounts of 50% on group for the first four matches. €7.50 for an adult ticket, €16 for a family of four. 'tis a great offer:

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/cork/cork-city-fc/34619307?context=sold-out&treatment=similar-category&bcsp=Q3mWwYRVdyE5bjaqLoqYrw

1924922_755617371116624_267848840_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I would be urging everyone who has any interest in football or even Cork teams in sport to head along to the Cross Friday 7th March, all stands are covered and seated and the atmosphere is always top notch for big games like this, give it a shot anyway.

Buddies and I will be in the Horse Shoe nice and early.....delighted the season is nearly off and running !

Friendly tonight away to Cobh called off due to the weather at half time. We were leading 2-1 - Anthony Elding and Mark O'Sullivan with our goals.

Away to Waterford on Saturday for the Munster Senior Cup. There's a bus being run for it. It'll probably be the biggest away crowd we've had at an MSC match in a long time. I can't ever remember the demand for a bus being there. Shows the buzz around the place for the new season. Can't wait for Pats.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What ye reckon lads. Bookies have us around 14/1 or 6th favourites.

I think we should aim top 4. Nice get to Cup Final too

If we click up front - which I think we will, top 4 is a fairly good bet. Depending on how the other top teams do - we might get into the mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hope Marky Sull tears a few defenses apart! Best play in the MSL awhile now IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

With Keith Fahey and Mcphail going to Dublin its hard to see beyond those 2 if they get into gear.

Dundalk are solid now, but after that I think its open enough for likes of us, Derry, Sligo and ourselves.

If we click up front - which I think we will, top 4 is a fairly good bet. Depending on how the other top teams do - we might get into the mix.

That's it. When Kilduff and Morrissey clicked at the end of last season, it got us out of jail a bit. In some games, despite playing very poorly at the back, the lads up front did their job to win us the points. We got a head start in other games, which didn't give the opposition much chance to catch up. We don't seem to have improved that much at the back, but the lads up front should come good.
    With Keith Fahey and Mcphail going to Dublin its hard to see beyond those 2 if they get into gear.

Dundalk are solid now, but after that I think its open enough for likes of us, Derry, Sligo and ourselves.

I don't agree much about Dundalk. They lost at home to the team who are near the bottom of the IL, shipping three along the way. They might be shaky this season, compared to last. We definitely have the quality to beat them. I'm not that convinced with Derry, either - if they're about the same quality as last season, we should be finishing ahead of the. I expect Sligo to be up there with Pats and the other Rovers, though.

We can definitely get top four.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Buddies and I will be in the Horse Shoe nice and early.....delighted the season is nearly off and running !

AFAIK The Horseshoe are getting a few Franciscan Well taps and a few other "non regular" taps ahead of the season.

Someone said to me they are looking at doing drink deals after the matches as well for ticket holders.

Its where we go before and after every game anyway, so a nice freebie will help.

Re season predictions, i think we will be nothing more than an obscure mid table nothing team. caulfield talks a good fight, but I have no faith in him to actually deliver. Dunleavy as captain fills me with dread as well tbh. A hopelessly over rated player if ever I have seen one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Have people been noticing the billboards up around the city advertising the Pats game?

Advertisement