Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options
19899100101102104»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Level 42 wrote: »
    story abt waterford emailing players staff saying they wont be paying them anymore -people moaning giving out abt it

my take is fair play to them for paying them last few weeks

Who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

bot43 wrote: »
    Each club kerps the money from its own ticket sales. So if you buy your ticket from ccfc, that’s ours.

Presume “presenters” gets a consideration as well as a set up cost too. But seems to be a good idea with minimal over head.

Just be interesting to see how Alan Cawley shows his hatred to all things ccfc on this medium.

Who cares ?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

bot43 wrote: »
    Each club kerps the money from its own ticket sales. So if you buy your ticket from ccfc, that’s ours.

Presume “presenters” gets a consideration as well as a set up cost too. But seems to be a good idea with minimal over head.

Just be interesting to see how Alan Cawley shows his hatred to all things ccfc on this medium.

I mean if it's FIFA then who controls the teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

yenom wrote: »

We lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

yenom wrote: »

Presumably one of the club players.

Leyton Orient did a FIFA tournament at the very start of the lockdown with clubs from all over the world. The idea was that a player from each club would control their club. But it turned out some of the club's hired professional FIFA gamers and that ruined the whole thing. They were handing out massive hammerings to the teams that were just being controlled by a club player.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

It's probably trying to be reflective of the actual league if they hire professional gamers, the more money your club has the more of a chance you'll win.

Although at a lower level it doesn't matter as much, as shown by the 2-0

Did anyone actually watch it? Was it any good to watch? I would have gotten a ticket only I was off social media so missed the announcement. I've been mostly watching Shlug's Covid World Cup and that's highly entertaining but it's just because of his commentary.

Though it was extremely nice having the Bundesliga back yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

s1ippy wrote: »
    It's probably trying to be reflective of the actual league if they hire professional gamers, the more money your club has the more of a chance you'll win.

Although at a lower level it doesn't matter as much, as shown by the 2-0

Did anyone actually watch it? Was it any good to watch? I would have gotten a ticket only I was off social media so missed the announcement. I've been mostly watching Shlug's Covid World Cup and that's highly entertaining but it's just because of his commentary.

I watched it, thought it was decent. The pre-match analysis by Tony O'Donoghue and commentary by Adrian Eames was good. I even enjoyed watching the half-time analysis by Cawley, but that probably says more about how I'm missing football than anything. The "match" itself was okay, but then again it is just a computer game. At least there was a bit of unpredictability with it, that you just don't get watching the classic matches.

Sligo mentioned that over 400 tickets were sold. Not sure if that was just Sligo or total tickets between the two clubs (each club kept the money from their own ticket sales). Would imagine it was mostly Sligo fans buying tickets, but it's still a few bob for City without any outlay.

I'd probably watch another one if we were doing it. Would be interested in a mini tournament between LoI clubs, as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

It's great to see us heading back to the top flight. Come on City!

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Forgot about this thread! Tonight is fairly wet but the X should be full anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Tony Polster

Well done Cork City FC!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

v much so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Twas worth the drenching

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Seems like Cork City have been sold to Dermot Usher, who used to own Sonas bathrooms. He got bought out a few years ago and the value of the deal was never released. From my limited reading, it should have been within the 100 million range. Happy to be corrected on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

He's only looking to buy it at the moment. It has to go to a vote to shareholders now in December as to whether we sell to him or not

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I'm confident we will sell to him, 51/49 Foras would be the best deal possible. It will be interesting.

Advertisement