Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City FC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭sheao

Bray are a real bunch of cheats. We all knew about Darren Quigley, but Adam Mitchell went down as if he was hit by a train to get Gearoid sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Nine points from the last four matches isn't bad. Especially as two of those wins came from teams who were above us in the league.

A bit of a rest for the lads, now, and hopefully another win up in Dalymount. We haven't beaten them in Dayler (or in a competitive match full stop) since 2009. We'll have to put that right.
    sheao wrote: »
    Bray are a real bunch of cheats. We all knew about Darren Quigley, but Adam Mitchell went down as if he was hit by a train to get Gearoid sent off.

We'll have to add him to the list, alongsided Gannon and Quigley. Poor old Darren looked very down from the abuse he was getting.

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Nine points from the last four matches isn't bad. Especially as two of those wins came from teams who were above us in the league.

A bit of a rest for the lads, now, and hopefully another win up in Dalymount. We haven't beaten them in Dayler (or in a competitive match full stop) since 2009. We'll have to put that right.

We'll have to add him to the list, alongsided Gannon and Quigley. Poor old Darren looked very down from the abuse he was getting.

Yeah he did alright . He deserved everything that was directed towards him last night after what happened in June.

Its been too long since we have won in Dalymount.
    At least for the Bohs game we hopefully will have Healy and Dunleavy back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is there a cup game friday night?

Is there a cup game friday night?

The cup quarter finals are on, but they will not include City.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sheao wrote: »
    The cup quarter finals are on, but they will not include City.

Oh Right I was looking at the fixture list and it has cup quarter finals on it

Oh Right I was looking at the fixture list and it has cup quarter finals on it

Sadly Rovers ended our hopes of winning the cup for this year when we got beaten in Tallaght a few weeks ago. Enough has been said about this already, but it was an absolute disgrace that the FAI could not allow our game with Bray to be moved to the Friday night after both clubs requested this .

Next up for City is Bohs away in Dalymount followed by Sligo at home.

We're playing UCC at the Mardyke on Saturday at half ten in the morning. Just a friendly to keep the lads ticking over 'til the Bohs match.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Another draw!! We were one up, but I'd have settled for a point beforehand.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Draw against Sligo - another draw.....glad of it though.

• Advertisement

Should've won it, to be honest. So unlucky that Kalen's header didn't go in and Duggan scuffed a brilliant chance at the very end. Still, a point isn't too bad, and we're back up to 5th.

We were 2 nil up away to shels at ht.

We lost 3-2.

Unreal stuff

F*ck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭snottybridge

Have 3 complimentary tickets for tonights game,cant make it to game, anyone want them,collect only,im living just around the corner from ground.

Would love to , but I can't go myself:(

Ended up with a very comfortable 3-0 win.

We could still finish the season with a European place. Derry to win the cup would be a nice end of season present!

Finish the season with a loss, but we still qualify for the Setanta Cup. Happy with that.

Season could have went a whole lot better had we not had so many draws - allowing teams back into too many games. Still, finished ahead of shels, back to back years doing that. Looking forward to a hat-trick and maybe a couple of places higher next year.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Season could have went a whole lot better had we not had so many draws - allowing teams back into too many games. Still, finished ahead of shels, back to back years doing that. Looking forward to a hat-trick and maybe a couple of places higher next year.

Will you be quiet before the Shels fans from the Football Forum descend on this thread! We want to keep the Dubs out of the Cork City section, not do our best to reel 'em in!

The season is starting again Friday week. City at home to Pats. New manager in John Caulfield and some new good players. Caulfield comes across very well in interviews, I think. He's City through and through, so hopefully he can instill his passion into the players. Buzzing for the new season, now. Hopefully, it'll be a good one.

The club are currently offering discounts of 50% on group for the first four matches. €7.50 for an adult ticket, €16 for a family of four. 'tis a great offer:

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/cork/cork-city-fc/34619307?context=sold-out&treatment=similar-category&bcsp=Q3mWwYRVdyE5bjaqLoqYrw

1924922_755617371116624_267848840_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I would be urging everyone who has any interest in football or even Cork teams in sport to head along to the Cross Friday 7th March, all stands are covered and seated and the atmosphere is always top notch for big games like this, give it a shot anyway.

Buddies and I will be in the Horse Shoe nice and early.....delighted the season is nearly off and running !

Friendly tonight away to Cobh called off due to the weather at half time. We were leading 2-1 - Anthony Elding and Mark O'Sullivan with our goals.

Away to Waterford on Saturday for the Munster Senior Cup. There's a bus being run for it. It'll probably be the biggest away crowd we've had at an MSC match in a long time. I can't ever remember the demand for a bus being there. Shows the buzz around the place for the new season. Can't wait for Pats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What ye reckon lads. Bookies have us around 14/1 or 6th favourites.

I think we should aim top 4. Nice get to Cup Final too

If we click up front - which I think we will, top 4 is a fairly good bet. Depending on how the other top teams do - we might get into the mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hope Marky Sull tears a few defenses apart! Best play in the MSL awhile now IMO

With Keith Fahey and Mcphail going to Dublin its hard to see beyond those 2 if they get into gear.

Dundalk are solid now, but after that I think its open enough for likes of us, Derry, Sligo and ourselves.

If we click up front - which I think we will, top 4 is a fairly good bet. Depending on how the other top teams do - we might get into the mix.

That's it. When Kilduff and Morrissey clicked at the end of last season, it got us out of jail a bit. In some games, despite playing very poorly at the back, the lads up front did their job to win us the points. We got a head start in other games, which didn't give the opposition much chance to catch up. We don't seem to have improved that much at the back, but the lads up front should come good.
    With Keith Fahey and Mcphail going to Dublin its hard to see beyond those 2 if they get into gear.

Dundalk are solid now, but after that I think its open enough for likes of us, Derry, Sligo and ourselves.

I don't agree much about Dundalk. They lost at home to the team who are near the bottom of the IL, shipping three along the way. They might be shaky this season, compared to last. We definitely have the quality to beat them. I'm not that convinced with Derry, either - if they're about the same quality as last season, we should be finishing ahead of the. I expect Sligo to be up there with Pats and the other Rovers, though.

We can definitely get top four.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Buddies and I will be in the Horse Shoe nice and early.....delighted the season is nearly off and running !

AFAIK The Horseshoe are getting a few Franciscan Well taps and a few other "non regular" taps ahead of the season.

Someone said to me they are looking at doing drink deals after the matches as well for ticket holders.

Its where we go before and after every game anyway, so a nice freebie will help.

Re season predictions, i think we will be nothing more than an obscure mid table nothing team. caulfield talks a good fight, but I have no faith in him to actually deliver. Dunleavy as captain fills me with dread as well tbh. A hopelessly over rated player if ever I have seen one.

• Advertisement

Have people been noticing the billboards up around the city advertising the Pats game?

1661295_758274524184242_505989575_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Thats up on the billboards at musgrave park closest too woodys too

3 or 4 thousand might be at opening game. What do ye think?

Totally depends on the weather. There is a lot of rain forecast for the weekend - if we got a sunny spring evening I would expect 4000-4500 but I think anywhere near 3000 will be good.

Totally depends on the weather. There is a lot of rain forecast for the weekend - if we got a sunny spring evening I would expect 4000-4500 but I think anywhere near 3000 will be good.

Weather is predicted to be fine for next weekend, no incoming storms anyway which is good.

Last season our first home game was against Bohs, we had a boring Dublin manager, a less than avarage team and there wasnt an ounce of buzz around the place. There was 2800 at that game.

This season we have a club legend in as boss, I'd put it as a higher than average team with a few top signings and from talking to people in work/down the pub there is definitely a bit of excitement building for this. The club are a million times more proactive this season putting up billboards, Groupon deals, more communication on social media, so I would be very very disappointed if we didnt break 4000

• Advertisement

Am I the only one who thinks the groupon deal is stupid, especially for the SPA game? Groupon take 50% of the price, which means adult tickets will earn the club €3.25!

And lets not kid ourselves that regulars will still pay the regular €15. If I didnt have a season ticket I would avail of the offer. many others will as well.

By all means do it for some nobodies like UCD or Bray and put the price at €10 maybe, but for SPA on the opening day? Daft.

gimmick wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks the groupon deal is stupid, especially for the SPA game? Groupon take 50% of the price, which means adult tickets will earn the club €3.25!

And lets not kid ourselves that regulars will still pay the regular €15. If I didnt have a season ticket I would avail of the offer. many others will as well.

By all means do it for some nobodies like UCD or Bray and put the price at €10 maybe, but for SPA on the opening day? Daft.

Deal was for the first 4 home games iirc, and it was a fantastic offer to get people to Turners Cross. The club are doomed if they do and doomed if they dont with some people.

The club is doomed if they allow people in for €3.25.

We made a huge loss last year, and letting people in for less that €5 is stupid.

I have a lot of issues with the horrendous mismanagement of the club. So many heads should roll, starting with the idiot who allowed 78% of the foras membership go unpaid last year.

The SPA game could be a cash cow. Instead there might be more bums on seats, but for €3.25 what difference will it make?

The club is doomed if they allow people in for €3.25.

We made a huge loss last year, and letting people in for less that €5 is stupid.

I have a lot of issues with the horrendous mismanagement of the club. So many heads should roll, starting with the idiot who allowed 78% of the foras membership go unpaid last year.

The SPA game could be a cash cow. Instead there might be more bums on seats, but for €3.25 what difference will it make?

I agree 100% with you on some of the management issues but I dont think anyone could have predicted the disaster that was last year.

Instead of looking at the SPA game as a cash cow, why not see it as an opportunity to build for the coming season. If we get 10 new people through the gate next Friday who will come back on a regular basis, thats a success in my eyes.

From my own side, I know plenty of City fans who have fallen off the block the last few years who have said to me they are coming back. I've had three separate people in work mention the City game on Friday to me cause of the billboards or the Groupon deal, these people have never stepped foot in TC.

Fair enough. I just think the timing is horrid for it.
    Instead of looking at the SPA game as a cash cow, why not see it as an opportunity to build for the coming season.

IMO. The LOI does not work that way. You have to make hay, absolutely have to. You and me both know all it will take is a proper tonking by SPA and people will not bother again, regardless of whether they got a €7.50 ticket or a €15 one.

Look at the 2010 season. 4000+ at the first game Vs Waterford. Taht fell to 3000 the following game, then attendences tumbled from there on in. Still decent in LOI terms mind.

When there is an initial buzz, get the money in. It will be much needed come the latter half of the season.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. I just think the timing is horrid for it.

IMO. The LOI does not work that way. You have to make hay, absolutely have to. You and me both know all it will take is a proper tonking by SPA and people will not bother again, regardless of whether they got a €7.50 ticket or a €15 one.

Look at the 2010 season. 4000+ at the first game Vs Waterford. Taht fell to 3000 the following game, then attendences tumbled from there on in. Still decent in LOI terms mind.

When there is an initial buzz, get the money in. It will be much needed come the latter half of the season.

When you put it that way I can see where your coming from, I suppose we'll just have to see how next Friday goes. Bar it pissing down with rain and getting smashed by Pats, which is very possible, hopefully it'll be a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

1661295_758274524184242_505989575_n.jpg

Polo collars out over the sweater isin't doesn't quite match the "Ready" look they were going for!?

Best of luck to City for the season.

The League of Ireland is still a mess by the look of it and the individual clubs are no better. nothing will change unless the whole thing is scrapped and started again with franchises and proper FAI investment.

kcb wrote: »

The League of Ireland is still a mess by the look of it and the individual clubs are no better. nothing will change unless the whole thing is scrapped and started again with franchises and proper FAI investment.

Franchises. BITE.

Re the FAI, the came in a few years back to save the LOI and made it an even bigger fúck up that it already was. So the less involvement from that shower of morons, the better.

kcb wrote: »
    nothing will change unless the whole thing is scrapped and started again with franchises and proper FAI investment.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Billboards are fantastic to be honest, however I'm staggered that they didn't use the home jersey. Both for 1. It's the home jersey! and 2. It's against a white background, and they use white jerseys. Baffled.

Corholio wrote: »
    Billboards are fantastic to be honest, however I'm staggered that they didn't use the home jersey. Both for 1. It's the home jersey! and 2. It's against a white background, and they use white jerseys. Baffled.

Home jersey was not available for the deadline to submit the picture for the billboard.

We got a handy 3-1 win away to Waterford in the MSC during the weekend. We played quite well, from what people are saying, and there was a good enough travelling support. Home to Douglas Hall, who beat Ramblers, in the semi-final. I'd say it'll probably be played in Bishopstown or else home advantage will be given to Douglas. Though, the MFA did have us play a semi at the Cross a few years ago. Hopefully we can win this - any bit of silverware is good.

The buzz is building for Pats, now. It's match-week; only a few more days until kick off. Can't wait for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Lads Is it still the 203 from Patrick's Street to Turners Cross? How do ye think the match will go?

kksaints wrote: »
    Lads Is it still the 203 from Patrick's Street to Turners Cross? How do ye think the match will go?

Ya 203.

It could go either way. Good buzz in Cork, but Pats are the team to beat in the league. Fahy is major plus for ye this year. He be head and shoulders abover any player in league.

If had put life on line I say draw, but really wont be surprised if either team wins.

• Advertisement
Advertisement