Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Stupid injury time penalty for Bohs gave them a 1-1 draw, really would have been nice to get more daylight ahead of Bohs - what harm, our unbeaten run continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Stupid injury time penalty for Bohs gave them a 1-1 draw, really would have been nice to get more daylight ahead of Bohs - what harm, our unbeaten run continues.

What a joke of a ref. To deny two penalty shouts - one of which was absolutely clear as day (and possibly followed up by a second handball five seconds later) - and then to give Bohs one after 90 minutes.

F*cking prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

Would there be any problems paying into the Watford match on the day?

rmchmufc wrote: »
    Would there be any problems paying into the Watford match on the day?

None at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I see we got a nice handy draw in the cup - Rovers away.....chuckle chuckle. Normally, I would think a draw would be the very best we could get, but they are píss poor at the moment, we might sneak a win - I'd take the draw though!

• Advertisement

I see we got a nice handy draw in the cup - Rovers away.....chuckle chuckle. Normally, I would think a draw would be the very best we could get, but they are píss poor at the moment, we might sneak a win - I'd take the draw though!

Would've preferred a non-league team or a bye, to be honest, to give us an easy (ish...Sheriff and Crumlin have shown that non-leaguers are no pushovers) path to the next round. Save Rovers for the later stages - a home quarter-final or semi-final against them would've drawn 5,000+.

If they beat Ekranas next week, then it's likely that our cup and league matches (both on successive weekends) will have to be moved. Should they qualify to the next round, they'll be guaranteed a Europa League play-off place (or the CL play-off, if they manage to win that one), which will take place the midweek before our games. Hopefully, if they make it through, that'll distract them.

Good result and crowd against Manchester United last night, but tomorrow is the big one. A few videos to warm up for it:

Great result against utd - always good to see them lose;)

That other crowd tomorrow night should be a 2-1 win to us I reckon - customary late goal too:D

The weather is supposedly good aswell, should be around 300o hopefully.

Great result against utd - always good to see them lose;)

That other crowd tomorrow night should be a 2-1 win to us I reckon - customary late goal too:D

The weather is supposedly good aswell, should be around 300o hopefully.

Plenty of Man Utd supporters were very complimentary of City and impressed by the players and fans. I'd say we could get a fair few of them returning. We had 3,200ish when this was a First Division fixture last season, so we should definitely be breaking the 3,000 mark.

Another fúcking draw!

Half of our games this season have ended in draws!

• Advertisement

We would've beaten them if Turner knew how to finish.

Shocking crowd. We got 600 more when this was a First Division fixture. We should be getting 3,000 minimum for games against the likes of Shels, Pats and Bohs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will ye get a european spot do ye think?

Will ye get a european spot do ye think?

I very much doubt it, bad start to the season and tooooooooo many draws.

There's no way we'll get a spot via the League, anyway. Too many teams between us and third that we'd have to overtake. There's a small chance that we'll get it through the Cup, but I doubt we'll be winning that. I don't think we'll get past Rovers, to be honest - they're bound to hit back at some stage, and the Cup is their only real chance at some success, barring a miraculous turn around in the League.

I'd be happy with a top 6 finish.

So, Blackburn today in a friendly at 2 and this is quickly followed by the visit of St. Pats on Monday night at 7.45.

A win against Pats would put us above Shels.....that is enough of a reason to win!

Blackburn will be a nice, pressure-free match (for the fans, at least). Tommy surely won't start anyone that will be starting tomorrow. We should be seeing some of the promising young lads that we had in our U19s last season.

Can't see us winning against Pats, to be honest. I'd delightedly take a point now if I were offered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Finished 3-1 to Blackburn and, tbh, it was a fair result. City took the lead after Robinson spilled Spillane's shot and O'Connell taped it in. Blackburn came back when a cross was met by Kazim-Richards, who volleyed it in. Half time, 1-1. Blackburn took the lead soon after when Kazim-Richards finished off a nice passing play. Pederson scored the 3rd when he scored a perfect free-kick from around 30 yards. City played well but Blackburn controlled the majority of possession. Crowd of 1,500 at the Cross for it so it wasn't that bad of a crowd but I honestly expected there'd be more

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Many blackburn fans?

Many blackburn fans?

About 100/200. Made some attempt at creating an atmosphere but there was nothing. Quietest I've heard the Cross in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭sheao

About 100/200. Made some attempt at creating an atmosphere but there was nothing. Quietest I've heard the Cross in a long time

Yeah very small crowd, but I suppose it was to be expected given the timing of the game.

Some of the regular City supporters will just save their money for the Pats game.

As for the game itself, it was a good run out for a youthful city side.

• Advertisement

Pats tonight. A win would be a great result but most people will predict another fúcking draw.

Lost 1-0:mad::mad::mad::(:(:(

Deserved win by Pats, but I thought we played well. Some good, passing football, particularly in the first half. Inside the first 10 minutes, Dan Murray was fantastic in a piece of play that he nearly scored from. Well inside his own half and a few passes later, he was in a good position for the shot.

Most of the team were alright. McNulty had a shocker, nearly gifting Pats a goal in the first half. Turner was the same as usual - trying 100%, but he's just not good enough.

Davin was brutal as usual. Hasn't scored since we beat UCD 4-2. It's about time he was dropped. There's nothing to play for in the league this season, so we may as well try out some of the young lads like Stephen Kenny. He might actually know where the goal is.

We should drop Turner, start Quinn and put Daryl back on the right. When Daryl makes runs down the wing, he always gives the opposition an extra few seconds to re-organise by cutting in. We'd do better having him on the right, with the left footed Quinn on the left.

Need to start winning a few games to avoid being dragged into a relegation battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Deserved win by Pats,

Bollix they did.

2 shots on target was it?

Bollix they did.

2 shots on target was it?

Two more than us.

Must win game tomorrow away to UCD.

To say we are due a win is an understatement.

Jesus, lost 3-1 to UCD:mad:

• Advertisement

Definition of a shít result.

Advertisement