Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

hman231 wrote: »
    Great news for Cork to have this international here, hopefully CCFC can win now Friday, think this Sligo game could be a tricky on

Impossible for us to win this on Friday given it isn't being played until Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Whos the genius that rearranged the Rovers game for a Monday night.......http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2016/03/29/shamrock-rovers-fixture-rescheduled/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

marwelie wrote: »
    Whos the genius that rearranged the Rovers game for a Monday night.......http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2016/03/29/shamrock-rovers-fixture-rescheduled/
    No option really, all rearranged games tends to be Monday.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    No option really, all rearranged games tends to be Monday.

Correct no free Friday until we get knocked out of the cup also we could endup playing an extra mid week game in June because of European participation

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,673 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

More points dropped on the road to teams that we should be beating, our away form/tactics are simply not going to win us any title!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pos087

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    More points dropped on the road to teams that we should be beating, our away form/tactics are simply not going to win us any title!!

Away form is terrible. I would prefer to lose away 3-2 and have a go then nil all. Marky and maguire could be unreal up front instead of playing 8 behind the ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Tonight :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,673 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Back to back shít results.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

First half was simply embarrassing. Second was better but your not going to win the league by only bothering to play one half of games.

I kinda feel sorry for Wexford. A win would have been massive to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭applehunter

Wilberto wrote: »
    First half was simply embarrassing. Second was better but your not going to win the league by only bothering to play one half of games.

I kinda feel sorry for Wexford. A win would have been massive to them.

:confused:

Yeah poor Wexford. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

Disappointing but got a point at the end at least. Galway away next week looks to be a tough one but if we stay tight at the back we should get a result, everyone dropping points we need to capitalize

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Caulfield hasn't a clue what he's doing, Beattie on the bench over Buckley, if I didnt know any better Id say he's having a laugh at all of us. Embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I was walking out the ground last Friday night and all you could hear was "Why didn't Beattie start"? He got in behind so much when he came on, made a huge difference. When is Kavanagh back? He is such a great attacking outlet on the right. Watching Sheppard play right back Friday was depressing, just runs, no composure, no end product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Think Kavanagh is only due back June or July.

The fact you reckon Shepard was playing right full speaks volumes of the shíte we had to endure Friday. I thought Beattie was playing right full while my buddy next to me thought it was Turner :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Shep was Left Mid, Beattie Right back when he came on, Turner right mid when he came on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sheppard spent the first half running down the right contributing absolutely nothing, that's all I know. The whole thing was a cluster **** anyway no one knew what they were supposed to be doing.

Irrespective of the way we set up we had enough decent chances to win this. What I found most worrying was how blunt we were in front of goal. We looked like a team in preseason lacking sharpness. Wexford wasted a hell of a lot of time especially in the second half with their play acting but that's no excuse just part of the game when a team goes one up.

While I do agree, any other night without the post cross bar and 2 great saves, it could have been 5-1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

While I do agree, any other night without the post cross bar and 2 great saves, it could have been 5-1

One of those great saves really shouldn't have been a great save. Maguire missing that header was criminal, (or at least it certainly looked it).

Wilberto wrote: »
    One of those great saves really shouldn't have been a great save. Maguire missing that header was criminal, (or at least it certainly looked it).

He also missed that 1 on 1 in the 90th minute, either side of the keeper it was in.

• Advertisement

CHealy wrote: »
    He also missed that 1 on 1 in the 90th minute, either side of the keeper it was in.

Was that Maguire? thought it may have been Bolger or Dunleavey

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

Solid 2-2 draw last night considering we were went 1-0 down and 2-1 showed good quality to get back into it, more disappointed with not beating sligo and wexford huge game monday and friday now both home need two bigs wins and seasons back on track

hman231 wrote: »
    Solid 2-2 draw last night considering we were went 1-0 down and 2-1 showed good quality to get back into it, more disappointed with not beating sligo and wexford huge game monday and friday now both home need two bigs wins and seasons back on track

I hate to be a buzz killington but the season, and any dreams we had of winning the league are over. I was up there on Friday night and I am now 100% in the Caulfield hasnt a clue camp. We havn't a clue how to play football, so so so many times Morrissey or Bolger have the ball in the middle of the park and have to turn backwards and give it to Bennet or Browne to pump it forward. I really though it would be different this year, they've upped the wage budget and I do believe we have a squad to win the league, but JC is not going to get us over the line, we will never win a league with him as manager.

CHealy wrote: »
    I hate to be a buzz killington but the season, and any dreams we had of winning the league are over. I was up there on Friday night and I am now 100% in the Caulfield hasnt a clue camp. We havn't a clue how to play football, so so so many times Morrissey or Bolger have the ball in the middle of the park and have to turn backwards and give it to Bennet or Browne to pump it forward. I really though it would be different this year, they've upped the wage budget and I do believe we have a squad to win the league, but JC is not going to get us over the line, we will never win a league with him as manager.

Hopefully we can come back at the end of season and compare this with ' you'll never win anything with kids ' !!

I think it will come down to either ourselves and Dundalk. If we do win , I think it might be a case of them having a poor season as distinct from us having a great one. Tactically JC has proven himself to be lacking and certainly doesn't seem happy or capable to set us up to go for the jugular, away from in particular.

Sometimes an injury to a player or two forces the manager to change things and he might stumble onto a formation that works.

Time will tell.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Hopefully we can come back at the end of season and compare this with ' you'll never win anything with kids ' !!

I think it will come down to either ourselves and Dundalk. If we do win , I think it might be a case of them having a poor season as distinct from us having a great one. Tactically JC has proven himself to be lacking and certainly doesn't seem happy or capable to set us up to go for the jugular, away from in particular.

Sometimes an injury to a player or two forces the manager to change things and he might stumble onto a formation that works.

Time will tell.

He's had 2 and a half years now Shamo, I want to give him a chance, he was a player I idiolised from the Shed End when I was growing up in the 90's, I want him to succeed as much as anyone but I've turned a corner now at this stage, you can hold me to my words and I'll eat my hat if Im wrong, but we'll never ever win a league with Caulfield in charge, simple as that.

I totally get what you are saying, and to be fair it is hard to not argree with you. I think our squad is strong enough to be challenging at the top come the finish and this will stand to us. If Dundalk are off their game, 'by default' we could do it. I don't think the other teams squads are as strong and it will be a telling factor as the season develops. Maybe there will be a surprise packet though, there sometimes is. Consistency will be key to any challenge, time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

€15 in tonight is a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

€15 in tonight is a joke

Madness!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

I was half thinking of heading down but not at that price

• Advertisement

0-0 at ht 5-0 15 mins into the second half. That's more like it !!

Advertisement