Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

Very good second half, once we upped the pressure it all started happening. I feel that the only downfall was the the passing and urgency wasn't there in the first half but its first game of the season but as the seasons wears on we dont want to get into scraps due to poor passing. I thought Bolger was unreal maybe deserved man of the match with some great moments Kenny Browne was decent too and Morrissey looks sharp. Looks like it'll be a good season ahead and tomorrows result between Bray and Dundalk will be interesting. But overall very happy and Derry next week will be a game where we must keep Patterson quiet as he has done some damage vs us before. Dealt well with Akinade too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Good win. Clean sheet. Top of the league tonight! That will do nicely !!

I'm sure Galway will have something to say about that. ;)

On the match though, as good as Maguire was, Bolger was clearly the outstanding player on the pitch, but typically poor 'expert' analysis on RTE (not that I was watching it on TV as I was at the game) meant that Maguire was awarded man of the match.

Great second half though after an absolutely diabolical first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Bolger was very good but the guy who gets the 2 goals is always getting motm. Every time.

Great 2nd half. More if that and less if the crap in the first. Lots of positives.

My god it was cold though. Only just warmed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Wilberto wrote: »

On the match though, as good as Maguire was, Bolger was clearly the outstanding player on the pitch, but typically poor 'expert' analysis on RTE (not that I was watching it on TV as I was at the game) meant that Maguire was awarded man of the match.

One of your own Pat Morley gave it to him. As has been said it's difficult to argue with a 2 goal player getting MOTM. I think a few eyebrows wouldve been raised if he hadn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Worztron

Maguire was quality tonight

No doubt Dundalk regret selling him to us.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

We have some good wingers now which is very good maybe struggled in that department the last few seasons. Sure Bohs finished 5th last year so this is a very good win. Surprised to see Pats lose heavily to Galway who themselves have goals in them. I think Finn harps will stay up they're going to be some tough team to play

Awful result compounded by Bolgers red. Could be 6 behind Dundalk already this time next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pos087

Can't understand why we don't play 2 up front and go out and try to win every game. John seems to have it in his head lets not lose rather than go out and win. IMO every league in the world is won by teams who score the most goals not by ones with the best defensive record. We have a great squd this year with prob the higest quality in the league but our mentality will let us down again this year. Something has to change.

Attack attack attack

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Was at the Cross on Friday and said that if Dooley and Turner should be on the bench, Beattie and Shep really needed to start tonight.

Don't understand the line up at all tonight, long balls into Maguire last week didnt work but we got away with it, did it again tonight and got punished.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,515 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I was hoping we would be more offensive away from home this year. Apparently not. Very disappointing given the squad. He really needs to go all out away from home against teams we are more than capable of beating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Same ol same ol, long season ahead lads. This time next week we will be 6 points behind Dundalk already.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,515 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Anyone else have some info on what happened to city fans last night? Echo reporting they were attacked by hooligans, probably not even Derry fans, City fans were allowed into a pub who brought down the shutters to keep them safe. No idea how serious it was , but it doesn't sound very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Anyone else have some info on what happened to city fans last night? Echo reporting they were attacked by hooligans, probably not even Derry fans, City fans were allowed into a pub who brought down the shutters to keep them safe. No idea how serious it was , but it doesn't sound very nice.

From what I've heard it was wee runts who live outside the ground caused the trouble. Little b@stards have nothing to do with the club and cos rows every week with fans. And the brandy well being the brandy well having police In that area would only add to the sh1te.

From what I hear it's the same "innocent" city fans who always find themselves in trouble at away games.

gimmick wrote: »
    From what I hear it's the same "innocent" city fans who always find themselves in trouble at away games.

Go away ya langer ffs, were you there?

CHealy wrote: »
    Go away ya langer ffs, were you there?

Nice :rolleyes:

No. Were you?

I've been told who was involved and it doesn't surprise me. Now that person may have been incorrect and if he was so be it.

gimmick wrote: »
    Nice :rolleyes:

No. Were you?

I've been told who was involved and it doesn't surprise me. Now that person may have been incorrect and if he was so be it.

No I wasn't there but Im not the one stirring ****. You are basing your comments on "I think I know who was there" which is beyond silly especially seeing as its City fans. Every report says it was local scuts who attacked City fans having a drink yet you see fit to bash City fans, well done Gimmick, I'm sure theres a job for you at the sun or the star.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭deisedude

Going to first every city game tonight. Where is handy to park?

deisedude wrote: »
    Going to first every city game tonight. Where is handy to park?

Around Musgrave park should see you right.

• Advertisement

Huge game today really important that we win as looking at the other fixtures, Dundalk playing wexford and rovers playing finn harps they could well both pick up all three points so we must be at it and get the goals

hman231 wrote: »
    Huge game today really important that we win as looking at the other fixtures, Dundalk playing wexford and rovers playing finn harps they could well both pick up all three points so we must be at it and get the goals

We are certainly getting the goals. :)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Just 2 more needed to equal our record league win (7–0, 10 September 2011).

Awesome win!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,063 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cork were good but they were awful.

But 4 of the girls were very nice indeed and some lovely play. I reckon we could got 2 more if we really wanted to

Cork were good but they were awful.

But 4 of the girls were very nice indeed and some lovely play. I reckon we could got 2 more if we really wanted to

Tell us more. :pac:

Great win and great for the goal difference too which is worth a point at the end of the year. Rovers and Dundalk looking really strong at the minute and slip ups like Derry away will be heavily punished. Dundalk Friday now is a massive game where we need a result if they win its a 6 point gap and even at this stage I wouldn't want to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Worztron wrote: »
    Just 2 more needed to equal our record league win (7–0, 10 September 2011).

We've equalled our Premier Division record (6-0 against Bray in 2006; 7-1 against Limerick in 1993). Brilliant night's football. Really bounced back after Friday's disappointment. Roll on Dundalk on Friday. No reason we can't get something up there after the way we played against them in the President's Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,063 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Tell us more. :pac:

Goals not girls:)

• Advertisement

That was easy. Makes you wonder why Beattie didn't start the other games. Had he a knock or something? Great all round performance. Longford were awful. Not sure they got a touch of the ball in the CCFC box all night.

But you can only beat what's in front of you and City thumped them good and proper. Bring on Dundalk Friday. Though I'd bite someone's hand off for a draw right now.

Advertisement