Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

That's more like it.

Beattie led the way and never droppped the intensity. His shirt to lose now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

CHealy wrote: »
    No I wasn't there but Im not the one stirring ****. You are basing your comments on "I think I know who was there" which is beyond silly especially seeing as its City fans. Every report says it was local scuts who attacked City fans having a drink yet you see fit to bash City fans, well done Gimmick, I'm sure theres a job for you at the sun or the star.

video doing the rounds on facebook at the moment...

https://www.facebook.com/paddy.moran.1420/posts/519960968176061

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Oh Dear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Funny that the video of about 20 Derry scuts battering a City fan on his own just before this was deleted from Facebook. Very convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭rebs23

CHealy wrote: »
    Funny that the video of about 20 Derry scuts battering a City fan on his own just before this was deleted from Facebook. Very convenient.
    Cork fans were attacked and were forced to defend themselves. As you say a previous video was deleted showing the attack.

• Advertisement

rebs23 wrote: »
    Cork fans were attacked and were forced to defend themselves. As you say a previous video was deleted showing the attack.

Dont let that get in the way of a good agenda.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Boom.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

2 wins over them in a matter of weeks, happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    That's a cracking new scoreboard that Dundalk have.

wZ2aI.jpg

Just going too leave this here from the LOI thread

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

UH OH!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Top of the league now as well. Granted we've only played four games, and the top five teams are all on nine points, but still!

:pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Worztron

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    2 wins over them in a matter of weeks, happy days

And Dundalks former player Maguire scores in both games.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Great result last night. Proud that the presidents cup wasn't a fluke. By all accounts we roughed them up pretty good which really threw them off their game.

Just a shame now as the shams game is off next week. Momentum etc. But Bolgers 2nd suspension would be for it so it's probably for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Why is Rovers game off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Why is Rovers game off?

Both teams have players on international duty

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Both teams have players on international duty

Ah forgot about that. **** was looking forward to going

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

All comes down to St pats- Dundalk. Going to be a very interesting game, draw I hope. Sligo next week will be tight but if we defend well should win

If we want to win this league, games v a terrible side like Sligo shouldn't be tight. These games should be straight forward wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

At home maybe, but Sligo is still a tough place to go. Dundalk scraped a one-goal win there last season and they drew at home. That was obviously a much better Dundalk side than this year and probably a worse Sligo team. I do agree that we should be winning - wins against Sligo and Wexford would give us a nice little winning streak. I'd imagine that the Rover match will be played the Monday after Wexford, so we'd have a lot of confidence going into that. But a 1-0 up in Sligo would certainly be alright to keep the run going.

Sligo are in no great shapes but still I would be hoping for maximum points. Especially after no game for two weeks. It will be a really important game as the week after we have Wexford at home which would be a great chance to pick up points again. For me though I really want the team going into very strong form as Europe isn't too far away and we really need to get past the first round this time and with the current team I am confident in us being able to do that. Fair play also to Johnny C for changing up tactics and bringing in loads of good new players, hes doing his bit

• Advertisement

Next 4 games are as follows (assuming the Rovers game wont be rearranged inbetween then):

Sligo (A) - 2nd April
    Wexford (H) - 8th April
    Galway (A) - 15th April
    Finn Harps (H) 22nd April

These are the 4 games before we play St.Pats on the 29th of April. I think we should be looking at 4 from 4 there to setup a huge game, and crowd, for the game against Pats. The only one I would be worried about is Galway away, they have started the season in great form.

Pats 0-4 Dundalk. Makes our win last week even more vital now

ROI v Belarus May 31st at the Cross. Wonder will there be tickets on sale at the Harps game to city fans or will it just be a general sale free for all.

gimmick wrote: »
    ROI v Belarus May 31st at the Cross. Wonder will there be tickets on sale at the Harps game to city fans or will it just be a general sale free for all.

That will be our first ever match with Belarus.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

First senior game since 85

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Davie Langan's testimonial in The Lodge? An Irish XI v Liverpool?

Great news for Cork to have this international here, hopefully CCFC can win now Friday, think this Sligo game could be a tricky on

hman231 wrote: »
    Great news for Cork to have this international here, hopefully CCFC can win now Friday, think this Sligo game could be a tricky on

Considering that Sligo were just hammered by Bray 4-0, it really shouldn't be. However, this is City we're talking about! (:pac:...:()

Yeah It'll be a 0-1 to us probably, we always beat them narrowly. Is the EA sports cup game confirmed yet ?

• Advertisement

No. We never played Belarus before.

Or maybe you meant it's the first ROI international in Cork since 1985.

Advertisement