Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,512 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Heard the train was sold out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Train is indeed sold out but the club are seeing can they get another carriage added.

Best bet is go to the ccfc forum. Few buses being mentioned there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gimmick wrote: »
    Train is indeed sold out but the club are seeing can they get another carriage added.

Best bet is go to the ccfc forum. Few buses being mentioned there.

Another carriage be great how many people will a carriage hold would you know

I think approx 90 per carriage.

I think approx 90 per carriage.

Hopefully this comes too fruition

• Advertisement

Contact them. If there is the demand they will id say

Contact them. If there is the demand they will id say

Sent them an email an hour ago

CUP FINAL: The club has secured a second train for the cup final. Details to follow shortly. #CorkIsGreen #CCFC84
    3:35 AM - 3 Nov 2015

What are the times for the 2nd train? Or will it be free for all between the 2 tains?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

What are the times for the 2nd train? Or will it be free for all between the 2 tains?

Jesus wait for them to announce the details first Gimmick, give it a chance.

• Advertisement

I was just asking the question.

Anyway, i rekon one of these could be a "family/quiet" train and the other for the yahoos who like to indulge in a snifter of ale.

Following supporter enquiries, the club has secured a second train to the FAI Cup Final at the Aviva Stadium on November 8th.

The train will depart Kent Station, Cork at 8.05 am on the morning of the game, stopping at Mallow and Heuston Station, Dublin.

The return journey will depart Heuston Station in Dublin at 8.40 pm, stopping in Mallow and Kent Station.

Supporters must make their own way to and from Heuston Station for this train.

Seats on the train are limited and will be priced at €40*, with tickets available directly from the club shop in Douglas Village Shopping Centre from 1 pm today, Tuesday, November 3rd.

€5 more expesive. Leaving an hour earlier and back 45 minutes later from Hueston.

Just hope people dont get mixed up and stranded.

€5 more expesive. Leaving an hour earlier and back 45 minutes later from Hueston.

Just hope people dont get mixed up and stranded.

Those are better times plenty more boozen and you'll know it's time too go home when you see the pub emptying out ha ha

What time is the club shop open till tonight ?

11-5 all week aside from thursday when they are open until 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Latest train is 5 more expensive and only runs to Hueston, ticket doesnt cover travel to Aviva from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Latest train is 5 more expensive and only runs to Hueston, ticket doesnt cover travel to Aviva from there.

The walk will do ya good!

Cape Clear wrote: »
    The walk will do ya good!

Clear the head a bit and all that ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ive done the walk from Heuston to the Aviva one day, very foolish decision. Took the guts of an hour to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Best bet would be to get the Luas to the Point, which is at the end of the red line (every second one goes to the Point, the others go to Connolly). It's about a 5-10 minute walk from there to Lansdowne. Would cost less than a fiver for a return ticket (lower again if you use a leap card).

• Advertisement

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Best bet would be to get the Luas to the Point, which is at the end of the red line (every second one goes to the Point, the others go to Connolly). It's about a 5-10 minute walk from there to Lansdowne. Would cost less than a fiver for a return ticket (lower again if you use a leap card).
    Thats what I'll be doing. Very old school calling it the point ha

Match and train tickets gotten

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

I'm in Athlone (exile) and you wouldn't know the biggest game in Irish football is happening at all. Even when I look online though there's very little around about it thanks to the FAI.

I can see City are doing a great job back home and Dundalk seem to be doing a decent job too but nothing from the FAI at all. Disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Alfie Tupper

is there extra time on Sunday or is it a replay if level after 90 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

is there extra time on Sunday or is it a replay if level after 90 minutes?

extra time and penos if needed the GAA the only sport in the world that allows finals to go to replays at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Worztron

Cape Clear wrote: »
    extra time and penos if needed the GAA the only sport in the world that allows finals to go to replays at this stage

That's the proper way. Decide it on the day. It's only fair on the fans. Besides, they've played enough games to get to the final, no need to lump yet another game on in the form of a replay.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

When was the last replay? I know we won the 98 one after a replay. I think the following year Bray and Finn Harps had 2 replays?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Worztron

When was the last replay? I know we won the 98 one after a replay. I think the following year Bray and Finn Harps had 2 replays?

2000 - Shels vs Bohs. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FAI_Cup

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Thats what I'll be doing. Very old school calling it the point ha

It's the Point, regardless of what some company pays another company to "rebrand" it. (Likewise for Lansdowne Road!) Also, the Luas people call it the Point. ;)

• Advertisement

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    It's the Point, regardless of what some company pays another company to "rebrand" it. (Likewise for Lansdowne Road!) Also, the Luas people call it the Point. ;)

I would say I'd stick out asking a local Dub where the three arena is but my think cork accent will do that for me ha ha!!

Advertisement