Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

dont care if they give the team any credit, as long as cork keep winning and closing the gap

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

Very good win. Could be a very tricky game Friday Limerick have won 2 on the bounce and will need points themselves, squeaky bum time is beginning. Dundalk will drop points once we keep winning we will catch up with them

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

hman231 wrote: »
    Very good win. Could be a very tricky game Friday Limerick have won 2 on the bounce and will need points themselves, squeaky bum time is beginning. Dundalk will drop points once we keep winning we will catch up with them

We'll beat them alright . Shame it's clashing with the United match on telly .

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

Yeah but maybe it will give the LOI a kick up the arse that something has to be done. Hope City dont change Friday nights. Yeah Limerick still rubbish at the back Dundalk have Derry City away could drop points there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

City cannot change Friday nights!

I love the buzz all day, finish work and to a pub for a quick pint, then off to the cross, its fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

City cannot change Friday nights!

I love the buzz all day, finish work and to a pub for a quick pint, then off to the cross, its fantastic.

Me too. It really finishes the week and starts the weekend nicely. Couldn't care less what match is on TV

• Registered Users Posts: 17,997 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Shocking, pathetic. Players should hang their ****ing heads. I'm disgusted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

rob316 wrote: »

Limerick deserve any credit? Wasn't at the game but heard we battled well

• Registered Users Posts: 17,997 ✭✭✭✭rob316

They do but they are bottom of the league for a reason we shouldn't be battling. Swept them aside earlier in the season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Limerick have found some form and I did expect them to score, but that was a joke !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

They do but they are bottom of the league for a reason we shouldn't be battling. Swept them aside earlier in the season.
    ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Limerick have found some form and I did expect them to score, but that was a joke !

The squad we have now is a whole lot better than the side we had at the season's start

New Keeper is better than that clown O'Donnell
    Shaun Kelly at Right back is a massive upgrade(missing tonight)
    New Center Back a vast improvement(he was missing tonight)
    Lee Jay is a top class player for us and better than anything we had earlier in the year.

Our squad as improved a great deal on recent weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Defensive horror show. All 3 goals were horrific mistakes.

The amount of unforced errors was astounding. Misplaced passes all round. Infuriating.

Healy was the worst player on the pitch. Spent the entire game flat with his centre halves not offering any outlet to attack. His defensive work was doubly poor as Limeruck identified him early and went down that flank with ease.

Fair play Limerick and all that but that result effectively ends our interest in the title and also opens up 3rd and 4th.

Oh. And Dunleavy. Fractured cheekbone. I'd swear I heard the impact from the DF. Lousy. 6-8 weeks out.

Terrible night all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

They deserve a ton of credit, they were brilliant and full value for their three points.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Roar wrote: »
    They deserve a ton of credit, they were brilliant and full value for their three points.

Yup. Their intensity levels were up right from the off and didn't really drop at all. Fierce hard working, wanted it more, and, as you said, deserved the three points.

That said though, City were also poor so in reality it was a combination of the two which saw that result.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭corks finest

Totally agree with u,caulfield should really eat them, waste of time/money,whole team bar Miller,and beattie,didn't want to be there,e23 ,tickets,plus programme,for kid and me,out of work,petrol money,traveling 26 miles,to watch this site,,,,,won't see me again,,supporter since Cork Celtic days,,, no more,my 12 yr old Cork city mad kid saw through city's negative, lazy,play

Wilberto wrote: »
    Yup. Their intensity levels were up right from the off and didn't really drop at all. Fierce hard working, wanted it more, and, as you said, deserved the three points.

That said though, City were also poor so in reality it was a combination of the two which saw that result.
    Limerick had pride,city hadn't,, going through the motions,till pay day,was sitting near John c,,even he was cracking up with their lack of interest/

gimmick wrote: »
    Defensive horror show. All 3 goals were horrific mistakes.

The amount of unforced errors was astounding. Misplaced passes all round. Infuriating.

Healy was the worst player on the pitch. Spent the entire game flat with his centre halves not offering any outlet to attack. His defensive work was doubly poor as Limeruck identified him early and went down that flank with ease.

Fair play Limerick and all that but that result effectively ends our interest in the title and also opens up 3rd and 4th.

Oh. And Dunleavy. Fractured cheekbone. I'd swear I heard the impact from the DF. Lousy. 6-8 weeks out.

Terrible night all round.
    Bang on Buddy, ,,,,but Healy wasn't on his own

The squad we have now is a whole lot better than the side we had at the season's start

New Keeper is better than that clown O'Donnell
    Shaun Kelly at Right back is a massive upgrade(missing tonight)
    New Center Back a vast improvement(he was missing tonight)
    Lee Jay is a top class player for us and better than anything we had earlier in the year.

Our squad as improved a great deal on recent weeks

Great Limerick display,intense,imaginative play,compared to our lame ducks

I think there are a few ott reactions in here since the match. We lost, we were brutal, it happens.

In our previous home game we played some of the best football we have in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Still sickening to put in such a disaster of a performence against Limerick, and without causing them offence, we can forget about winning leagues if we cant beat Limerick at home.

• Advertisement

CHealy wrote: »
    Still sickening to put in such a disaster of a performence against Limerick, and without causing them offence, we can forget about winning leagues if we cant beat Limerick at home.

Very sickening, no doubt but if all football fans were to spit their dummy out and vow never to return when their team perform as we did, there would be no fans left.

Hopefully Sully will be back for Rovers, might be too soon for him though.

Very sickening, no doubt but if all football fans were to spit their dummy out and vow never to return when their team perform as we did, there would be no fans left.

I agree,me being one of the dummy spitters,in hindsight I was wrong,, but it was awful to watch a decent team playing utter ****e,felt it more for my 12 yr old,who adores city,,,,,going to keep the dummy in,mea culpa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Had too have an injection in his knee yesterday, not looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pos087

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Had too have an injection in his knee yesterday, not looking good

What happened. Was it a knock, twist or did he land wrong on it.

What made it so bad for me is the fact we were playing so so well after the Europa League exit. We battered Bohs off the pitch and got a couple of fantastic away wins at Longford and Sligo. They stand for nothing if you can't win at home against the bottom placed team.

We now have an injury crisis on our hands at the most important stage of the season, and unfortunetly at about 10pm on Friday night, I can see our season being over after losing tonight to Rovers and Friday to Pats in the cup.

I'm a glass half empty man as you can tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Nah, fúck that. City beat Shams later. SPA beat Dundalk.

We beat SPA then on Friday and the season is back on track.

gimmick wrote: »
    Nah, fúck that. City beat Shams later. SPA beat Dundalk.

We beat SPA then on Friday and the season is back on track.

I'd love to have even half the optimism you have, I've been heartbroken too many times following City.

CHealy wrote: »
    I'd love to have even half the optimism you have, I've been heartbroken too many times following City.

Know the feeling, but that's the joys of following any club but it could be worse, you could follow shels!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Dennehy on the bench? Wonder is he stance softening

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Cork 2-0 down.
    Dundalk 3-0 up.

Bye bye league.

Advertisement