Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

Need to chip away at the gap before we play Dundalk.
    Derry away Friday would love a cup final

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

hman231 wrote: »
    Need to chip away at the gap before we play Dundalk.
    Derry away Friday would love a cup final

Should have done that yesterday, league is gone. Secure second, win the cup is the very best we can hope for this season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Should have done that yesterday, league is gone. Secure second, win the cup is the very best we can hope for this season.

Yup. The league was almost gone before that, but had we won and closed the gap to six, it may have been possible, especially considering Dundalk have to play the apparent world beaters Limerick away. The way Limerick are playing, you couldn't rule them out of taking points off them. (Yes, I do realise that that is still a rather large straw being clutched!) :pac:

Sadly though, when you're so far behind, you just can't drop points against teams like Bray and expect to maintain a title challenge. Just be grateful that nobody gained any ground on us either I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

The league was gone when we lost to Limerick at the Cross.

Still though, finishing second for the second year in a row and securing European football again would still represent an excellent season.

Don't want to get too excited about a cup run though as I don't want to jinx it.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Worztron

...Secure second, win the cup is the very best we can hope for this season.

*cups

;)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

Just need to focus on the Derry game Friday, hope a good few make the trip up, going to be a tricky game as Derry really seem to topple teams in the cup. A draw would be a decent result in this game can't see us losing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

1-1. Happy with that. Should take them at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Looking forward to Monday. Missed last 3 games due to work.

3-0 City. Roll on the Bray match

John O'Flynn was bought to score goals!!!! Great result!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Gaynor's goal tonight was one of the best I've ever seen.

No game this week now. Hopefully get back a few bodies and lets watch how Dundalk vs Drogheda goes. Good result tonight, Just hope we can make the final now Bray will be a tough challenge all to play for

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

Roar wrote: »
    Gaynor's goal tonight was one of the best I've ever seen.

Missed Healy's last season.

Glad I got to see that tonight.

World class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

That was one of the best goals ever scored in Turners Cross. Its tough being a football fan at times, lots of downs compared to the ups, but that goal tonight reminds us all why we do it. What a beautiful game.

What a goal.

Was worth the fee alone. 3rd goal was nice move and finish too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

http://youtu.be/KNgydYIJp3U

Anyone who wasn't there!

Less than 1,200 at the match really disappointing turn out. Never understood why people just don't want to watch the cup matches especially when its a all prem clash for a place in the semi's

Less than 1,200 at the match really disappointing turn out. Never understood why people just don't want to watch the cup matches especially when its a all prem clash for a place in the semi's

Thought there was about 2,000 at it.

Looked lot more then 1200 have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

Given a child ticket for my €15 at the hut.

Wouldn't trust the attendance figure at all.

Classic Cup fiddling.

#Notgoodenough

Yeah many times i've been at the cross and the attendence seems to always look like a lot more than what they announce

• Advertisement

Given a child ticket for my €15 at the hut.

Wouldn't trust the attendance figure at all.

Classic Cup fiddling.

#Notgoodenough

Saw my ticket and was child too.

Derry home Friday. Thoughts another routine victory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

If anyone missed it, our allocation for the Cup semi-final is going on sale this week from the club shop.

Wednesday: Club members
    Thursday: Club members and ST holders
    Friday: Club members and ST holders (until 2 pm)
    Friday night: General sale (from 6.10 at the Derry match)

Open from 11am and extended hours until 7pm Wednesday and Thursday.

Good to see the members, ST holders and match-going fans being looked after first. Though we mightn't sell out, it's still a bit of peace of mind to get the ticket early. Trophy deciders aside, it'll probably be our biggest away crowd since Limerick in 2010 or Bohs in 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Derry home Friday. Thoughts another routine victory

Derry got off to a winning start under their new manager. A tight game I'd imagine but approached with the right mentality City should win. Just hope we don't pick up any injuries ahead of the cup semi the following week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It should be as routine as the victory against Limerick a few weeks ago.

Oh wait :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I had a buddy saying over the weekend that all we need is Dundalk to lose to Limerick and Shamrock Rovers before coming down here to have a chance. I genuinely love that kind of optimism but its lost on me after hearbreak after heartbreak.

I'm not overly bothered about the league now - I just hope we don't drop to 3rd and hope we win a cup.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Dundalk will win the double :(

gimmick wrote: »
    Dundalk will win the double :(

NOOOooo!

• Advertisement

All we can do is win our games. Dundalk have Lims away which will be a tough game for us we just need the 3 points. And then rool on Bray can't wait

Advertisement