Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Awesome, the Bohs piece was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Tweeted a pic of training aswell so they must be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

CHealy wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about Copa90 filming at the Cross tomorrow night? They just tweeted saying they were in Cork with a pic of the Cross. Same crowd done the Bohs - Rovers doc a few weeks ago. Huge audience on Youtube.

Yeah, they are doing a piece on the game tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Yeah, they are doing a piece on the game tomorrow.

That's great news. They are a seriously good outfit, based on the Bohs piece. Hopefully we can put on a show for them!
    Looking forward to the game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

The away leg will be shown live on Setanta Ireland next week, kick off is 8.15pm Irish time. Great news for anyone that can't make it, Soho will be packed if they show it.

For anyone that can't make the home leg, the club offer radio commentary, text updates and Twitter updates. See here.

Buzzing for it now. Can't wait to be at the Cross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

If City go out play it like a big league game defend properly but don't sit back we will get a result if we sit back let them play, might as well not travel to Iceland because they'll hammer us. this game comes down to attitude and as we see with dundalk thats the type of attitude required tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I see on the match card we've a lad William dennehy playing... Who's he lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Crowd of 4600.

Flynn needs to be changed for Sullivan. Play the 2nd half like the first and we will be beaten.

1-1 ft. poor result but not over yet we will be underdogs next thursday but i feel if we bring the right attitude we will win. Game on Setanta too. What are people thoughts on the result ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It's going be tricky but its far from over.

If we score first out there I think we will have them on ropes and that will suit us.

It's 60/40 in their favour though I think. We do have to score.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Thought they were there for the taking. When we applied pressure they were distinctly average. Their centre midfield were given way too much room but they were technically very good. Miller..... Got tired of seeing him lose/give away the ball and he was brushed off it too easily. Billy Dennehy, not impressed yet again by him. His runs were nothing if predictable - when he made them. Sullivan mnade a big difference when he came on, out himself about a bit. Big Dan did very well as well, bossed the middle of the pitch for a good 10-15 mins, something we did not really do up to then.
    One of the most clearcut Penalties you are likely to see turned down with 10 to go. That really should have been given and could have made the difference.
    When Dennehy skied a free late on he seemed to give out to Sullivan, this continued- with Dunleavy( great to see him back) joining in as the teams went off the pitch.

2 fairly even sides on the night but when we got on top we showed we are capable of causing them plenty of problems- pity the tempo/ performance didn't come up to those standards for more than 2 ten minute spells.

Still very much alive, I can see et next Thursday before Dan scores the winner. !!

That was awful. The starting XI were poor to a man. O Connor did ok in the 2nd half but was still pretty average. The 3 subs were our best players. Dan Murray did more in his first 5 mins than Healy all game. He was spectacularly awful Healy.

From my angle it wasn't a penalty. Sullivan was well off balance and made the most of a nudge. "Seen them given" category especially to a home team.

A bad result but salvageable. Need to show some attacking gusto for more than 5 minutes next week. I do get the feeling though that KR played within themselves and will be very surprised if we progress.

In other news at least Sullivan and Dennehy did their best to entertain us with their antics at the final whistle.

Marky and the two Dennehys should be ashamed of themselves. Every team has scraps and handbags, but ****ing keep it in the dressing rooms. Not a brain cell between them.

Really dissapointed with the result, they were there for the taking. Tie far from over, being underdogs in the 2nd leg suits us.

CHealy wrote: »
    Marky and the two Dennehys should be ashamed of themselves. Every team has scraps and handbags, but ****ing keep it in the dressing rooms. Not a brain cell between them.

Really dissapointed with the result, they were there for the taking. Tie far from over, being underdogs in the 2nd leg suits us.

Lots of people saying this. Why?

gimmick wrote: »
    Lots of people saying this. Why?

The way I see it, its a similar situation to the Dundalk game last year. All we needed was the draw which meant that we sat back and utimetly got stuffed (albeit by a far better team). I honestly believe if we went to Dundalk having to win it would have been a different story. Same here, KR are heavy favs to go through and might well stuff us, but theres that incentive now on us to go get a goal, and I fully believe that we can still win.

ya, fair enough, but on the back of last nights performance, where I believe KR were pretty comfortable, I cant see us troubling them next week.

I wonder will Healys injury prevent him from travelling? On last nights "effort", hopefully.

Miller needs to be dropped too.

I'd like to know what has happened Gary Buckley. Not the same player as last season at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    The away leg will be shown live on Setanta Ireland next week, kick off is 8.15pm Irish time. Great news for anyone that can't make it, Soho will be packed if they show it.

For anyone that can't make the home leg, the club offer radio commentary, text updates and Twitter updates. See here.

Buzzing for it now. Can't wait to be at the Cross.

Thats great soho it is-better stay in all weekend so I can afford a few pints in that place what is it now in there for a drop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Thats great soho it is-better stay in all weekend so I can afford a few pints in that place what is it now in there for a drop?

1 cocktail will only cost you a tenner

Steven Beattie signed tonight, good signing imo

Neither Dennehy travelling to Iceland.

• Advertisement

Billy free to f*ck off apparently.

Jesus, I dont like the guy, but he's our top scorer last season and this season and he doubles that amount with assists.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/cork-citys-billy-dennehy-is-free-to-explore-other-options-685401.html

There is a good reason why Shamrock didn't want to renew his contract after scoring 20+ goals for them in his last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Will Darren Dennehy follow Billy I wonder.

You know that's a rubbish twitter account yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

You know that's a rubbish twitter account yeah?

Oops.

sad to see Billy is our best player and we need his goals and assists. If he need we will need to get a replacement quick very hard player to replace assisted the bennett goal too

Impressively shot, same lads that did the Bohs\Dublin Derby video a few weeks back

Is Billy 100 % gone yet. because that would be a huge blow. Ucd 1-0 up and rovers 3-0 tuedday. Hope we can follow those two

Ucd 2-1 down now. Conceded 2 very late in the first half. Down to 10 men also. Tough ask now.

• Advertisement

How did they manage that UCD are a weird side, i'd say the side they are playing are not feeling very good right now. Ah well now its for the hardest two fixtures pats skonto and us kr. Looking forward to this one lets see how the lads do last time we has such a big away game was Dundalk and we all know how that went lets hope we can get the big away win we are looking for. personally i would start dan murray and sully

Advertisement